SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Hope Pflugrad is not using an app to UND as a way to force Weber's hand. He would be a solid choice with top notch credentials. Turning UND's program around will not be easy............

I respectfully disagree regarding how hard it will be to turn this program around. Good coaching goes a long ways. There is a big difference between restoring a winning culture versus building a winning culture..........

• Upvote 1

After reading the article about Pflugrad in the Missoula paper, it is obvious he still has a chip on his shoulder. This will be a very good thing for the next program he takes over. He is going to spend the rest of his life proving that what happened to him in Montana was wrong. he will do this by winning football games and running a clean program. It is extremely unlikely he would allow the administrators at Montana to feel justified In firing him by letting something like that happen at UND or some other school. I think whoever hires this guy is going to be very fortunate.

i'm assuming the new hc will have the power to assemble his own assistants....but from what i've read there are two guys that didn't get fired and if so do they only have a job until the next hc is hired or does faison make the new hc take on the two guys? anyone know for sure which two guys are still working?

i'm assuming the new hc will have the power to assemble his own assistants....but from what i've read there are two guys that didn't get fired and if so do they only have a job until the next hc is hired or does faison make the new hc take on the two guys? anyone know for sure which two guys are still working?

Myers and Freund. I'd heard that Faison made no promises that the new coach would keep them, but that he'd put in a recommendation that they should be kept.

I'm a HUGE Griz fan. Pflugrad would be an incredible "get" for you guys. 99.9% of Griz fans would welcome him back in a heartbeat to the U of M. He is an offensive genius and came from the explosive Oregon system. In just his second year at the U of M, he took us to the FCS semis and barely lost to SHSU. He definitely took the fall for a bunch of other shenanigans he inherited at the U. He stood up for the QB stating a guy like Jordan Johnson with high moral fiber and character will always be welcome on my team. Didn't sit well with the president andchecwas fired along with the AD a few days later. I miss him and you'd be lucky to have him

Couldn't agree more. He's personally my favorite candidate that has applied so far and I think Faison should seriously think about hiring him. Unfortunately, I think "the incident " will keep Faison away.

Couldn't agree more. He's personally my favorite candidate that has applied so far and I think Faison should seriously think about hiring him. Unfortunately, I think "the incident " will keep Faison away.

I don't think so. Each situation is different, I'm confident Faison will have the conversations, conduct the due diligence, measure the risk reward and make the right judgment call on this one. I'm liking some of the applicant names surfacing. Feeling good we will get a solid leader to turn this program around and move forward. Will be an interesting few weeks to say the least.

I don't think so. Each situation is different, I'm confident Faison will have the conversations, conduct the due diligence, measure the risk reward and make the right judgment call on this one. I'm liking some of the applicant names surfacing. Feeling good we will get a solid leader to turn this program around and move forward. Will be an interesting few weeks to say the least.

But not Pflugrad? That was my point.

I too am confident Faison will hire a proven leader, but it likely won't be Pflugrad. Hope I'm wrong.

But not Pflugrad? That was my point.

I too am confident Faison will hire a proven leader, but it likely won't be Pflugrad. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm saying I don't think the Hardee situation will cloud his judgment. Right now Pflu looks like a no-brainer but I think there's more names coming. The more I read he is popping to the top of my list as well unless someone unexpected emerges.

I'd personally rather see Glenn Caruso get the job over Pflugrad. It depends on who you talk to in regards to the reviews on Pflugrad.

Glenn's most important traits are that he's been there, done that and turned around programs that were down. He also has the experience in the upper midwest from his stints at ndsu and USD along with his jobs in the cities. I'm 99% sure he was the recruiter who landed Illinois recruits Joe Mays and Steve Walker at ndsu. We know how that ended up.

Having said that, Pflugrad wouldn't be a terrible consolation prize. I just happen to have at least 3 other guys I would prefer ahead of him. But I'm not the guy making the hire.

I'd personally rather see Glenn Caruso get the job over Pflugrad. It depends on who you talk to in regards to the reviews on Pflugrad.

Glenn's most important traits are that he's been there, done that and turned around programs that were down. He also has the experience in the upper midwest from his stints at ndsu and USD along with his jobs in the cities. I'm 99% sure he was the recruiter who landed Illinois recruits Joe Mays and Steve Walker at ndsu. We know how that ended up.

Having said that, Pflugrad wouldn't be a terrible consolation prize. I just happen to have at least 3 other guys I would prefer ahead of him. But I'm not the guy making the hire.

The lack of DI experience for Caruso is a concern. I'd take Pflugrad over Caruso.