SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Athletics High Performance Center

GeauxSioux

I don't know much about Bison athletic buildings because basically I don't care but I know they are also looking to save construction money where they can on the remodeled BSA. 

What I find interesting is I can't remember the last time UND has had to raise any sort of money to build any significant athletic building.  Before I was  born?  Hyslop? 

Alerus: city owned. 

REA: one nice fellow. 

Betty: one nice lady bonded cause of one nice fellow. 

Old Ralph: students voted to raise the money themselves. 

Am I missing something?

One indoor practice facility with 30 years to fundraise? 

Edited by Cratter

Interesting. I brought this subject up before and was told funding wasn't a problem?

Not sure who said that?  The important things were completed  They shifted some things that weren't deemed important out of Phase 1 and moved a few other things (bleachers) to outside both phases and can be added at a later time.  They unfortunately didn't have any old wooden bleachers they could leave in.

The only area fan base that I've seen claiming money is no issue is a few clowns from Fargo U.  They clearly have no clue.

I'd say funding for this phase, as built, wasn't a problem. Evidence? The State doesn't let you build unless you have the funding in hand for what you are proposing to build. 

Have some things been shifted from Phase One to Phase Two? Most assuredly. However, ...

• big honkin' building ... check
  • 100 yard football field ... check
  • 8 lane track ... check
  • space in place for future contingencies (i.e. Phase Two) ... check

Honestly, for a "training facility" that's a pretty solid and important start. 

Not sure who said that?  The important things were completed  They shifted some things that weren't deemed important out of Phase 1 and moved a few other things (bleachers) to outside both phases and can be added at a later time.  They unfortunately didn't have any old wooden bleachers they could leave in.

The only area fan base that I've seen claiming money is no issue is a few clowns from Fargo U.  They clearly have no clue.

Give it time. The news will come out.

• 2 weeks later...

What will come out?   That they need more money to build Phase 2 and the parts they had to cut from Phase 1?   Yep you are correct.  

From what Ive heard the school is running a huge deficit.  Should have been more specific. And yes the funding issues of the IPF came out sometime ago.

• Downvote 1

He BS's with CAS, his fellow player and UND law grad.  

if it's bs then the und alum is full of it.i have no reason to be disingenuous like yourself.

just because you haven't heard about it doesn't mean it's not going on.

Edited by bison73
  • Downvote 1