SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU at UND

homer

Geaux_Sioux is a troll? You shouldn't call him that. If you do please put it in a complete sentence.

Nope, I was saying you're a troll. Is that a complete sentence enough for you... Why don't you go relish in your team's big win over Division II FSU tonight...Geaux_Sioux knows that I wouldn't refer to him as a troll.

Edited by Goon

I took a look at the predictions thread prior to this game. 29 people submitted legitimate predictions. Only 13 people predicted UND to win.

The scores of the predictions averaged out to:

SDSU 33

UND 28

Final score: 35 - 28.

I would say the results were pretty close to the predictions. Yet most people are whining, complaining and calling for Mussman's head.

For the people who picked UND to win it was:

SDSU 27

UND 34

For the people who picked SDSU:

SDSU 37

UND 22

• Upvote 2

Nope, I was saying you're a troll. Is that a complete sentence enough for you... Why don't you go relish in your team's big win over Division II FSU tonight...Geaux_Sioux knows that I wouldn't refer to him as a troll.

3 periods? Is that in the "I consider myself a writer" handbook?

Most of this is stating the obvious, but thisis what I saw from my seat tonight:

SDSUs linemen on both sides of the ball totally outclassed us.

I know that Zenner torched us all night long, but it sure seemed like the defense was able to get off the field in key situations multiple times.

Zenner is the most impressive back that I have seen in many many years.

Jackson's early drops were drive killers.

Refs totally missed the delay of game on the jacks in the 4th qtr on that play that ended with the personal foul for a late hit. The ball should have never been snapped. That was maybe worse than the missed 12 men on the field on the final play at UNC last season.

SDSU is really really good. They were dominant against us in two areas: running it down our throat, and totally taking our run game away. Even though they did those two things though, I really think North Dakota would have probably won the game by 10 points had we cut the penalties in half and not turned it over.

SDSU points off of turnovers = 14 (plus icing the game)

UND points off of turnovers = 0

There is the difference in the ball game. Bartels' two turnovers really killed us in this. His interception was just brutal, throwing into the strongest part of the SDSU zone (4 defenders around the 1 receiver) on a drive in which we were marching down the field and needed to score to keep up the early momentum. Then the fumble which he just needed to get down, he wasn't going to gain another yard against 2-3 defenders. Terrible mistakes. I think they stuck with him for too long before inserting Molberg.

Molberg = mobility, escapability. Which we needed against a 4 man rush that was just pushing our linemen around. Against any other quality d-line, I think Molberg should get more action.

First time seeing both young QBs...liked what I saw from both for most part. Thought Molberg did enough to warrant start vs Griz. Kid has a rocket arm. Appears bigger in pads yet more athletic than Bartells.

They made some poor calls but they didn't miss tackles, drop passes, turn the ball over or get out muscled for two and a half quarters up front.

But those poor calls helped with SDSU's momentum and field position, and sucked the crowd out. I didn't say it was "the" reason we lost I said it was part, along with what you said about the miss tackles, drop passes, and turnovers.

• Upvote 1

After the dust settled last night I sort of started feeling a little better. There were positives last night and a lot of negatives. The bottom line was despite our failure to run the ball, our inability to stop a really great runningback, our dropped passes, our penalties, our undisciplined penalties we were VERY CLOSE to beating the #6 team in the country. I still think there is some reasons to be optimistic. Our upcoming schedule is brutal though. That blown no call on the clock violation was critical. If called we could very easily won that game last night. We have enough things to fight through on our team without the officals affecting the finish to a game.

Guys are you drunk? ???

We are playing toe to toe with these (PROFANITY DELETED BY MOD)

Just one play away....

Please ready the Forum Rules, especially the part about no use of profanity, and cease and desist with the use of such language immediately.

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

This goes for gfhockey as well as anyone else.

After the dust settled last night I sort of started feeling a little better. There were positives last night and a lot of negatives. The bottom line was despite our failure to run the ball, our inability to stop a really great runningback, our dropped passes, our penalties, our undisciplined penalties we were VERY CLOSE to beating the #6 team in the country. I still think there is some reasons to be optimistic. Our upcoming schedule is brutal though. That blown no call on the clock violation was critical. If called we could very easily won that game last night. We have enough things to fight through on our team without the officals affecting the finish to a game.

Agree. Considering there were 2 freshman QBs and essentially a freshman DC and OC, the future could be very bright.

The difficulty with that thinking is this: let's say the delay penalty was called, and the jacks punt. Mollberg still threw into coverage and got picked. There is no logical link between the delay penalty being called and changing the ensuing decisions of Mollberg. You might as well pick any play in the game to change, and then believe the rest of the ensuing events would change.

Don't mess with the space-time continuum. :)

The difficulty with that thinking is this: let's say the delay penalty was called, and the jacks punt. Mollberg still threw into coverage and got picked. There is no logical link between the delay penalty being called and changing the ensuing decisions of Mollberg. You might as well pick any play in the game to change, and then believe the rest of the ensuing events would change.

Don't mess with the space-time continuum. :)

If he still gets picked that would just mean more time on the clock and sdsu can't do victory formation and maybe get the ball back one last time.

What about the play callimg....

Anyone else love the call of runing up the gut when we had momentum after the botched fg....i did...it seemed effective to me and miller was tearing it up on the ground all dday long

You have to run the ball to soften up the D. I don't think Miller should start anymore. Shaugabay can make something happen where Miller can't because he isn't capable of breaking tackles. Imagine the change of pace for a defense if we put in Shaugabay out of nowhere after they had gotten used to tackling 160lbs of Miller. He'd blow somebody apart and get the line going.

If he still gets picked that would just mean more time on the clock and sdsu can't do victory formation and maybe get the ball back one last time.

They didn't take a knee until the last play anyway. Zenner was running effectively on that last drive, and they chose to take a knee even though he only needed one yard to break the record.