SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU at UND

homer

It's a shame on that "hit out of bounds." First contact was made before his foot stepped out. The follow through, which was completely legal, carried a yard or two.

Bad call.

Actually the bad part of that play is that the play clock might have ran out and they missed it.

Play of the game -- drop by Jameer Jackson when the Sioux were driving again to make it 14-0. 3 turnovers, a record rushing performance, a bunch of penalties, and a one-dimensional attack, and the Sioux were right there. The fact that the points of emphasis by the Sioux -- focusing on being able to run the ball, being able to stop the run, not turning the ball over, and forcing turnovers -- the team was 0-4, doesn't give me abundance of confidence going forward, especially since they spent a ton of time in those areas. The fact that we have two freshmen quarterbacks that are only going to get better kind of offsets that skepticism a bit.

Play of the game -- drop by Jameer Jackson when the Sioux were driving again to make it 14-0. 3 turnovers, a record rushing performance, a bunch of penalties, and a one-dimensional attack, and the Sioux were right there. The fact that the points of emphasis by the Sioux -- focusing on being able to run the ball, being able to stop the run, not turning the ball over, and forcing turnovers -- the team was 0-4, doesn't give me abundance of confidence going forward, especially since they spent a ton of time in those areas. The fact that we have two freshmen quarterbacks that are only going to get better kind of offsets that skepticism a bit.

I think immaturity and discipline played factors. Immaturity in the young QB's, and even in some of the guys they need to step up and make plays like Jackson/Golloday when they dropped balls.

Discipline is kind of the same thing we've seen in the Muss era. Personal foul penalties.....missing tackles (I'll throw that in the discipline of making a tackle), and even a play like Bartels not sliding and fumbling the ball away.

The more mature and disciplined team won the game. Despite their coaches not running the ball in the fourth quarter for whatever reason.