SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

13 minutes ago, johnsowe said:

I am shocked that there is not a hotel next to the ralph.  If someone was smart they would put a hotel and a brewery next to the Ralph maybe Dave and Busters but their food sucks so something like that. 

...attached to the north side of the betty with the restaurant serving as a club lounge at the top of new permanent end seating.  Could be another P3 project if needed.  New practice courts could be built in conjunction with the project.  I'm not an architect or engineer, but it looks like the roof could easily be removed/raised on the north side of the beam. image.png.b52507bbdd67a0508506df3947bd71d4.png

Edit:  I think the other side is the north end but you get the idea.

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

North of the Betty will be a new four-court practice facility. That was part of the Homecoming facilities release. 

Technically, the new release said practice court, singular.  The four-court plan was in the 2018 master plan.  Whether or not that difference was intended, does anyone know?  I don't think UND even knows for sure at this point.  

2 hours ago, Kab said:

What we need is an oil change/tire store with a barber next door by a strip mall out by an interchange on I-29 that doesn’t exist.

then get a car wash too.

Valvoline Tires Plus, kinda close to I-29 just off 32nd, South of Best Buy (grandson works part-time).
I took 5 vehicles (found 1 @ BB) 4 oil change, at noon yesterday, took 2 hours. Had help with 2 drivers.
I do need a hair cut, but didn't see:
Barbershop Symbol Icon Isolated Illustration. Vector Emblem On Flat Style  Royalty Free SVG, Cliparts, Vectors, And Stock Illustration. Image  141744493.

Had tires at discount tire, nw tire and tires plus

service was best at discount tire and quick

tires plus I’ve had bad luck in GF and they are always short staffed , quality hasn’t been good, seems like I get a flat tire after I’ve been there , happened twice within a week and has been valve stems both times 

5 hours ago, Kab said:

Had tires at discount tire, nw tire and tires plus

service was best at discount tire and quick

tires plus I’ve had bad luck in GF and they are always short staffed , quality hasn’t been good, seems like I get a flat tire after I’ve been there , happened twice within a week and has been valve stems both times 

Have had good luck with Discount Tire…

i know that the canad inn was built a few years after the alerus opened...i forget that rodgers center has a hotel in the outfield...how cool could have been if instead of the north wall doing nothing there was a hotel with a pool (like az diamondbacks) or something build into the end with windows and glass?

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

was wondering what was going in here...

Developers are eying an eight room inn called The Artisan at 408 DeMers Avenue.

IMG_20221006_132047.jpg

Nice. That, along with the Olive Ann, will add some much needed hotel rooms downtown. Good use for this space as it seems like a lot of businesses couldn’t make this building quite work. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i know that the canad inn was built a few years after the alerus opened...i forget that rodgers center has a hotel in the outfield...how cool could have been if instead of the north wall doing nothing there was a hotel with a pool (like az diamondbacks) or something build into the end with windows and glass?

Show us your rear; show us your rear for North Dakota!
Bare your nudity, for we all know you want to!
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Your undies are small, oh how we to see them fall!
We've got the view. Rah! Rah!
You know what to do. Rah! Rah!
So girl on balcony, here's to you!

Press her on the glass; press her on the glass for North Dakota!
Y'all paid for that room, even if just for an hour or two!
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Our eyes are straining, but the JumboTron will come through!
Be a legend for all time. Rah! Rah!
Tis only a misdemeanor crime. Rah! Rah!
All of North Dakota's watching you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Show us your rear; show us your rear for North Dakota!
Bare your nudity, for we all know you want to!
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Your undies are small, oh how we to see them fall!
We've got the view. Rah! Rah!
You know what to do. Rah! Rah!
So girl on balcony, here's to you!

Press her on the glass; press her on the glass for North Dakota!
Y'all paid for that room, even if just for an hour or two!
Rah! Rah! Rah!
Our eyes are straining, but the JumboTron will come through!
Be a legend for all time. Rah! Rah!
Tis only a misdemeanor crime. Rah! Rah!
All of North Dakota's watching you!

any publicity is good publicity

On 7/14/2022 at 1:16 PM, Cratter said:

Prices double every 20 to 25 years. So you better buy that $500,000 house cause it'll cost you a million soon!

:whistling::)

Looks like Grand Forks homes had the highest price increase in the state during this time period.

That's usually driven by demand.

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Looks like Grand Forks homes had the highest price increase in the state during this time period.

That's usually driven by demand.

:glare:

This map is wrong.  Where the housing market it hot, the map should show red.  Where it's cold, the map should show blue!