SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

VD was our weekend go to for dorm supplies

the old country kitchen was also a Sunday go to, all you could eat, they got tired of college kids coming in, we could eat a lot 

That was close to campus but I don’t remember exactly where ?

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 2:28 PM, Kab said:

Lots of noise on national news about the corn milling plant 

sounds like feds will get involved 

I hope they do, this looks like a potential front for a foreign Intel operation. 

On 7/18/2022 at 12:14 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

where was a VD on Stanford?????????????

A block off Gateway - behind the building that used to be a carwash and laundry and is now a Somali restaurant.   Across from where Frenchy's used to be.

On 7/18/2022 at 1:20 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i don't think that was stanford...wasn't it one block north of uni around the ATO alley area or something?

Two separate locations - the one by the Frat was a basement store - ONLY convenience store on campus at the time.  The one on Stanford was a block off Gateway behind the building that used to be a laundromat and carwash and across from the old Frenchys.   The building is still there but its some weird office or something now.

12 hours ago, Goon said:

I hope they do, this looks like a potential front for a foreign Intel operation. 

Right? Making a big splash by investing a billion dollars so everyone knows what's going on is the perfect way to keep something like that secret.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Right? Making a big splash by investing a billion dollars so everyone knows what's going on is the perfect way to keep something like that secret.

Those idiots could have just bought the Knight Inn motel and saved tons of money!

Can't imagine how much money they wasted buying Smithfield Foods!

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Those idiots could have just bought the Knight Inn motel and saved tons of money!

Or they could have invested in the Career Impact Academy and really indoctrinated the next generation. I mean, they already have them carrying around cell phones made in China.

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Or they could have invested in the Career Impact Academy and really indoctrinated the next generation. I mean, they already have them carrying around cell phones made in China.

You two are right up their alley and very very useful for them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Or they could have invested in the Career Impact Academy and really indoctrinated the next generation. I mean, they already have them carrying around cell phones made in concentration camps.

fixed....

(while wearing their "resists" shirts)

13 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Two separate locations - the one by the Frat was a basement store - ONLY convenience store on campus at the time.  The one on Stanford was a block off Gateway behind the building that used to be a laundromat and carwash and across from the old Frenchys.   The building is still there but its some weird office or something now.

When was this VD on campus?

3 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

You two are right up their alley and very very useful for them.

I'm fully aware of the threat of China to the US and some of the ways they go about it. I've listened to speakers from the GFAFB discuss it. And I'm not trying to minimize the overall impact that is there.
My point is that China is significantly smarter and more advanced in their methods then blatantly dropping a billion dollars facility to use for such purposes. I would actually say a somewhat more realistic scenario is something along the lines of this being used as a giant distraction and them doing something completely off the wall like buying the Knights Inn and use that as a sort of foreign intel mission (I think neither is likely, but something a lot less obvious is much more likely in my mind). Some of the general commentary and lines of thinking I've heard are fairly laughable.
Like was previously mentioned: Cirrus is owned by China Aviation Industry General Aircraft which is a division of the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (which is a Chinese state-owned aerospace and defense conglomerate headquartered in Beijing), so they already have a similar company set up within a few miles of the proposed site. They are going to bring more attention to that by spending a billion dollars to put up another plant? Maybe, but I find it hard to believe.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I'm fully aware of the threat of China to the US and some of the ways they go about it. I've listened to speakers from the GFAFB discuss it. And I'm not trying to minimize the overall impact that is there.
My point is that China is significantly smarter and more advanced in their methods then blatantly dropping a billion dollars facility to use for such purposes. I would actually say a somewhat more realistic scenario is something along the lines of this being used as a giant distraction and them doing something completely off the wall like buying the Knights Inn and use that as a sort of foreign intel mission (I think neither is likely, but something a lot less obvious is much more likely in my mind). Some of the general commentary and lines of thinking I've heard are fairly laughable.
Like was previously mentioned: Cirrus is owned by China Aviation Industry General Aircraft which is a division of the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (which is a Chinese state-owned aerospace and defense conglomerate headquartered in Beijing), so they already have a similar company set up within a few miles of the proposed site. They are going to bring more attention to that by spending a billion dollars to put up another plant? Maybe, but I find it hard to believe.

Like a congressman sleeping with a Chinese spy.

Like college professors selling info to chinese

Like stealing copywrite material even Dougie's

Even a VP's son accepting money for Chinese to gain access.  10% for the big guy.  Now president.

USA needs a strong presents or Taiwan will be taken over by China and USA will not lift a finger because of all the commerce between.  Companies don't give a damn about Taiwan.  If Taiwan falls so does Japan and S Korea.

What the hell it is only a corn milling plant!!!!

The Art of War continued to be consulted afterwards throughout China's history and eventually came to be considered one of the classics and required reading. From China, the work traveled around the world and, in the present day, is among the bestselling books of all time. Sun-Tzu's maxim that “All warfare is based on deception” (1.18) has been cited as an essential component of any military campaign as well as in business transactions, legal proceedings, and political campaigns.