SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

http://bismarcktribune.com/bakken/company-considers-oil-refinery-at-devils-lake/article_1a1459bc-592c-11e4-a937-0f6129c75014.html

Devils Lake may get a refinery (really just a partial distillation plant) for production of diesel.   The projected cost is only $200 M, compared to the one in Dickinson that has the same capacity and costs $350 mill.  Moving east sure makes a difference in construction costs:  $150 mill in this case.

Its that kind of capital costs reductions which lead me to believe that GF could be in store for some petrochemical processes, beyond the fertilizer plant.  If its not the cracker plant, it would be something else.  Fargo doesn't have the industrial land with the diversion N and S.  West Fargo doesn't have the water. 

t

http://bismarcktribune.com/bakken/company-considers-oil-refinery-at-devils-lake/article_1a1459bc-592c-11e4-a937-0f6129c75014.html

Devils Lake may get a refinery (really just a partial distillation plant) for production of diesel.   The projected cost is only $200 M, compared to the one in Dickinson that has the same capacity and costs $350 mill.  Moving east sure makes a difference in construction costs:  $150 mill in this case.

Its that kind of capital costs reductions which lead me to believe that GF could be in store for some petrochemical processes, beyond the fertilizer plant.  If its not the cracker plant, it would be something else.  Fargo doesn't have the industrial land with the diversion N and S.  West Fargo doesn't have the water. 

t

And down goes the quality of life well past zero.  Have you ever lived/worked within smelling distance of a refinery?  GFK with taters, beets, fertilizer and oil?  I'll pass.

please don't bring the spoiled-rotten little rich kid into this topic. :crazy:

...as opposed to a certain Minnesota governor who has lived off of great grandpa's name and money his entire life..., oh, but he's got a (D) before his name, so he's one of the "good" spoiled-rotten little rich kids...

• Upvote 1

...as opposed to a certain Minnesota governor who has lived off of great grandpa's name and money his entire life..., oh, but he's got a (D) before his name, so he's one of the "good" spoiled-rotten little rich kids...

I knew that was coming.  The difference between Daddy's Little Boy in the Iron Range and Dayton is that Dayton doesn't run around acting like he hit a triple when he in fact was born on third base.  Junior Mills runs around acting like a self-made man, when in fact he got his cushy VP job at Mills Fleet Farm because "daddy" gave it to him.  Dayton knows that not everyone is as fortunate as him; Mills III doesn't even understand the concept.

I knew that was coming. The difference between Daddy's Little Boy in the Iron Range and Dayton is that Dayton doesn't run around acting like he hit a triple when he in fact was born on third base. Junior Mills runs around acting like a self-made man, when in fact he got his cushy VP job at Mills Fleet Farm because "daddy" gave it to him. Dayton knows that not everyone is as fortunate as him; Mills III doesn't even understand the concept.

At least Stewart actually WORKS for his dad's company...Dayton was and is plenty happy not working at all and just living off of his inheritance. Funny enough, though, the DFL machine in MN doesn't complain about Dayton's money earning interest...in South Dakota. Mills also worked in store management at various stores before spending 10 years as Director of Personnel. But go on believing that he was just handed a VP job when he turned 18 and graduated from high school. Besides, the LIV will only recall him being the guy with the funny haircut, nevermind some actual issues.

I probably shouldn't have even brought this discussion up in the first place, but I just cringe at every DFL ad I see on TV these days because they continue to reach a new low every time, particularly since the party of "tolerance" seems to love to pick on Mr. Mills for his haircut and III following his last name.

• Upvote 2

News flash... Politics ... Blah blah blah... On a sports site?

Whether you lean left or right, face the fact that BOTH opposing sides run ads that take statements out of context and portray candidates in a bad light.

Neither side reaches a new low. They both do it. All the time. If negative ads didn't work, no one would run them.

Can we go back to talking about firing Hak and how Bubba needs to bench Mollberg? And comparing W2's?

At least Stewart actually WORKS for his dad's company...Dayton was and is plenty happy not working at all and just living off of his inheritance. Funny enough, though, the DFL machine in MN doesn't complain about Dayton's money earning interest...in South Dakota. Mills also worked in store management at various stores before spending 10 years as Director of Personnel. But go on believing that he was just handed a VP job when he turned 18 and graduated from high school. Besides, the LIV will only recall him being the guy with the funny haircut, nevermind some actual issues.

I probably shouldn't have even brought this discussion up in the first place, but I just cringe at every DFL ad I see on TV these days because they continue to reach a new low every time, particularly since the party of "tolerance" seems to love to pick on Mr. Mills for his haircut and III following his last name.

Don't forget Jeff Johnson hates school children, old people, and poor people. 

"Tee purdy candidite Jiff John-sin..."....that's some straight up Cohen brothers s--t right there....

I know this is GF Economy, but how's the building (if any) across the river in EGF? Any big companies, apartment complexes, etc. going up?

New hotel going up just south of Liberty Lanes.  Don't recall the name but I believe it is a chain hotel.

Apartment complex directly across the street from City Hall is completed, I believe.

That's about all I've seen around EGF.

• Upvote 1

Whether you lean left or right, face the fact that BOTH opposing sides run ads that take statements out of context and portray candidates in a bad light.

Neither side reaches a new low. They both do it. All the time. If negative ads didn't work, no one would run them.

Can we go back to talking about firing Hak and how Bubba needs to bench Mollberg? And comparing W2's?

You're correct, I shouldn't have even responded, but did so with some level of civility.  And this is the GF Economy thread, so my apologies for hijacking it.

Are you two actually defending polititions? They all suck!

To your last comment on "DFL ads sink to an all time low".....and it doesn't happen from the GOP?!! Come on MM..

Lol..sorry you beat me to it!

Oh and LMAO!!!

Not to mention his own family basically gave him an allowance to stay away from the family business.....weird that the people of Minnesota trust him with the state money when his own family wouldn't let him near the family business and just tries to keep his meds balanced. of course Minnesota doesn't have the best history of electing sane competent people to office....Ventura, Dayton, Franken(well assuming he is elected this time), Bachman, and others. I could probably include Wellstone and Klobachar here too but Wellstone never ran on one thing and did another. He laid out who he was and what he would try and do if elected and then did it.(I can respect that even if I disagree with it). Klobachar has kind of grown into the position.(I think she probably had a bunch of idealogues who helped her with the first election and then moved them into staff positions initially until they started making her look crazy and I think she has more capable staff around her now)

Not to mention his own family basically gave him an allowance to stay away from the family business.....weird that the people of Minnesota trust him with the state money when his own family wouldn't let him near the family business and just tries to keep his meds balanced. of course Minnesota doesn't have the best history of electing sane competent people to office....Ventura, Dayton, Franken(well assuming he is elected this time), Bachman, and others. I could probably include Wellstone and Klobachar here too but Wellstone never ran on one thing and did another. He laid out who he was and what he would try and do if elected and then did it.(I can respect that even if I disagree with it). Klobachar has kind of grown into the position.(I think she probably had a bunch of idealogues who helped her with the first election and then moved them into staff positions initially until they started making her look crazy and I think she has more capable staff around her now)

Minnesota isn't alone in this. Dalrymple is running the state instead of the farm for a reason.

New hotel going up just south of Liberty Lanes.  Don't recall the name but I believe it is a chain hotel.

Apartment complex directly across the street from City Hall is completed, I believe.

That's about all I've seen around EGF.

Thanks for the info. It would be something if EGF can hit a population boom like West Fargo did. 

I'm just glad that the state of MN can learn so much from a hockey website commenter named petey23...

Thanks for the info. It would be something if EGF can hit a population boom like West Fargo did. 

I get why Wal-Mart wanted to be close to I-29, but I continue to be surprised that there's not more retail development on the east side of the Red. Between the zero sales tax on clothing and the open before noon on Sundays, you would think that would be a draw.