Caggiula-Grimaldi-Murphy

O'Donnell-St.Clair-Johnson

Rodwell-Pattyn-Gaarder

LaDue-Simpson

Schmaltz-Ausmus

Mattson-Thompson/Stecher

Gothberg

Saunders

I really like the first line. Any line with Grimaldi on it will score, size and defense are my concerns with that line. I think St.Clair and Johnson are interchangeable on the third line. The fourth line is a great energy line. This group of defenseman has loads of skill, but who is going to throw a check?

Here is my take on lines

Tambellini-MacMillan-Parks

Caggiula-Grimaldi-Murphy

Rodwell-Pattyn-Gaarder

LaDue-Simpson

Schmaltz-Ausmus

Mattson-Thompson/Stecher

Gothberg

Saunders

I really like the first line. Any line with Grimaldi on it will score, size and defense are my concerns with that line. I think St.Clair and Johnson are interchangeable on the third line. The fourth line is a great energy line. This group of defenseman has loads of skill, but who is going to throw a check?

My hope is Chyzyk can find a spot as the season moves along because offensively he is way more gifted than St. Claire, Rodwell or Gaarder...especially if OD and Parks don't get it going early in the season.

Tambellini has the potential to be the best goal scorer on this team. Might as well put him in a position to succeed right away, give him some confidence, and hopefully he becomes a go to guy down the stretch. Plus, he is 6'4.

but skinny as a twig so far. kind of reminds me of nelson a little bit.

Skinny as a twig like Nelson, but he also is coming in with two years of junior, which Brock didn't have. I'm not saying Tambellini will ever be as good as Nelson, but I think its pretty safe to say he will be more ready for the college game than Nelson was as a freshman.

i say Caggiula OD and Rocco,,, MAC bros and Parks... and the 3 Freshman Johnson Tambellini and Murphy.. General Rodwell and Gaarder and Chyzk St.claire fight for spots

Dmen- Simps and Ladue.. . Schmaltz Thompson.. Stecher Mattson.. Aumus and Panz in no particular order

No way Mitch is a top 9 every night forward this season.

Here is my take on lines

Tambellini-MacMillan-Parks

Caggiula-Grimaldi-Murphy

Rodwell-Pattyn-Gaarder

LaDue-Simpson

Schmaltz-Ausmus

Mattson-Thompson/Stecher

Gothberg

Saunders

I like this...BUT no way Chyzk sits out. Hopefully, he learned enough lessons last year. The team will need his size and scoring ability, especially if OD can't regain his form from freshman year. I think OD will be fighting for a spot plenty of weekends this year.

Can't put together a better 4th line than that too. That 4th line could be great!

I'm not even going to guess what the combos will be. But I think everyone pretty much has the fourth figured out.

Would not surprise me to see Rodwell-General-Johnson to start the year and have Gaarder go on the third unit with St. Clair and OD if he can get it figured out.

Do not count out the Freshman goaltender seeing time. Funny how those guys that have never been a backup anywhere their entire lives find a way to get some minutes. The kid played way too many games the last few years to be comfortable standing next to the stick boy.

Interesting stat but all it really means is Clarke was the real version of Gollberg from the mighty ducks. Acted as a human firing squad every fri/sat for a horrible Alabama team

@UNDMHockey: According to research by @collegehockey, senior Clarke Saunders ranks fifth among active DI goalies with 2,154 career saves.