SiouxSports.com Forum

Indian nicknames in the news

jimdahl

Just another "check the box" requirement to keep a few bed wetters happy. Sort of like the "diversity" training found in corporate settings.

And "sexual harassment" training. <-- I so enjoy referring to those as "How To" sessions. :D

List of demands: Skip to last page

http://lastrealindia...ersity-of-north

Basically, they are calling for no one to wear the logo.... ever again.

And to pick a name by Fall 2014

Well, heck if we're all puttin' out our dee-mands, here's mind:

Every educational institution receiving Federal funds must abide by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.

No campus speech codes.

http://www.washingto..._A7VdKU.twitter

I'll just put this here without comment, other than to say it is NOT from The Onion.

This section literally made me LOL...

Residence Life Director Aaron Macke told TommieMedia, the school’s online publication, that the organization brought a reindeer to campus in December without incident.

“We had done a program in December where we brought a reindeer to campus for the holiday time, and we did pictures and everything like that," Mr. Macke said. “We had over 300 students attend—and I think that may have inspired the idea. You know, we have petting zoos that come to campus—we have therapy pets that come to campus around finals time for stress relief.”

Ed Whelan, president of the Ethics and Public Policy Center, said on Twitter: “Reindeer, yes, camel, no? … Are college students ‘racially insensitive’ to Laplanders? Or are they just idiots?” :lol:

Are you SURE this isn't the Onion? :)

My point is that I knew they were going to go there and with Kelley and his staff bending over backwards to please them, it is not out of the question. All I am saying is be vigilant. I am going to be watching very closely.

Zero chance that they will ever ban anyone wearing Sioux apparel. Fortunately we live in a country that protects personnel rights like the freedom of speech. You have the right to be opposed to what I am wearing, but I have the right. All good. No need to worry. Wear your Sioux stuff as much as you want!!

• Upvote 2

http://Siouxpride.com

So it's the logo they want to ban, so a shirt that just says Sioux is okay. Are they going to stop everyone with a tailgating vehicle that has a Fighting Sioux logo on it from tailgating? What if I want to drive my vehicle through campus or park it and I have the Fighting Sioux logo on my window? I'm thinking the next statue they put up outside The Ralph is going to be the old "We're #1" icon.

Oh and the threat was they would send letters to all tribes telling them not to send them kids to UND - well that should also end up shutting down the Native American Cultural Center since it won't be needed - every action has a reaction.

Wow, you can't make this stuff up. So if they brought a koala bear to their event, would they risk offending Australians?

Ed Whelan, president of the Ethics and Public Policy Center, said on Twitter: “Reindeer, yes, camel, no? … Are college students ‘racially insensitive’ to Laplanders? Or are they just idiots?” :lol:

Choose (b). ;)

Wow, you can't make this stuff up. So if they brought a koala bear to their event, would they risk offending Australians?

Do *not* bring up German Shepherds. I may not be able to take the emotional pain.

PS -- "Shepherds" ... with a German Shepherd logo ... hmmm ... <thinking> ... <smirking> ... No, wait, we'd offend a whole family of hockey officials. :D

Do *not* bring up German Shepherds. I may not be able to take the emotional pain.

PS -- "Shepherds" ... with a German Shepherd logo ... hmmm ... <thinking> ... <smirking> ... No, wait, we'd offend a whole family of hockey officials. :D

That would also dismiss the name Zebras.

Full Definition of POLICE STATE

:
a political unit characterized by repressive governmental control of political, economic, and social life usually by an arbitrary exercise of power by police and especially secret police in place of regular operation of administrative and judicial organs of the government according to publicly known legal procedures

KVLY led off the news with the protest and Stephanie Goetz said it was because people wore t-shirts with the old UND logo.

Are news people that stupid? Oh wait..

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good controversy...
  • Upvote 1