SiouxSports.com Forum

Indian nicknames in the news

jimdahl

Wakey wakey eggs abd bakie, Oxbow6! I'm already on the road and will pick you up at 9am sharp. We should be able to have time for breakfast at The Big Sioux, er, I-29 Truck Stop, before heading over to the march.

#March for Abolition of the 1st Amendment

#Mob Rule

#Tolerance: it means you change your way of thinking to what i think or else!

• Upvote 1

Wakey wakey eggs abd bakie, Oxbow6! I'm already on the road and will pick you up at 9am sharp. We should be able to have time for breakfast at The Big Sioux, er, I-29 Truck Stop, before heading over to the march.

#Mob Rule

The march is today? Shoot...thought it was next Friday!! With the extended forecast looking great for next Friday I wanted to get a couple things taken care of before I participated in the march...that's why I have an appointment with the dermatologist at 9 today to remove the big tatoo from both calves...one of Ralph Engelstad and one of the Fighting Sioux logo.

The march is today? Shoot...thought it was next Friday!! With the extended forecast looking great for next Friday I wanted to get a couple things taken care of before I participated in the march...that's why I have an appointment with the dermatologist at 9 today to remove the big tatoo from both calves...one of Ralph Engelstad and one of the Fighting Siox logo.

Mafia told me those tats were slightly higher up the backs of your legs. <cold shudder down spine> <vomit>

You could say the exact same thing about Fox News but for the right wing. That's why you shouldn't rely on one network for your news because they all have their own private agenda with MSNBC and Fox News being the two most obvious ones.

I couldn't agree more! I do not trust MSM and when I do fact check both sides using other sources such as "alternative" media, both sides are either blatantly lying or spinning the story out of context. The scary part to me is that the majority of our population believes everything they are told.

At risk of repeating myself ... a-a-a-again.

The truth is somewhere between what each side tells you. (The media tells you the side that sells the most advertising space for them, normally the emotional side.)

#Mob Rule

Dang and you drove right past my place I could have hoped on board - we could have brought my tailgating van but more appropriate to show up in a Jeep Cherokee - can we stop at the Siouxper Suds over on Gateway when it's done i have a load of laundry to do.

Mafia told me those tats were slightly higher up the backs of your legs. <cold shudder down spine> <vomit>

So you probably would have suggested that I nix the idea of wearing a mankini with a full Indian headdress for the march?

Dang and you drove right past my place I could have hoped on board - we could have brought my tailgating van but more appropriate to show up in a Jeep Cherokee - can we stop at the Siouxper Suds over on Gateway when it's done i have a load of laundry to do.

I am a bit behind schedule because I had to stop in Sauk Rapids to visit Sugar Daddy's due to some engine trouble but I expect to be on the road again shortly. I can still swing by and pick you up.

The Herald has identified as students at least three of the 10 or so people seen wearing the T-shirts in photos posted on Twitter. No one involved has been willing to go on the record to say how many students in total wore the custom-made T-shirts.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/after-offensive-t-shirt-incident-und-administration-tries-respond-demand-action

Hmnnn...but I thought NONE or maybe ONE of these folks was an actual student...

Well if someone says that half of the pictured group are from Fargo and never attended UND that might be a clue this could be done by non-UND fans. I know it's a stretch thinking the saints from Moo U couldn't do this but I wouldn't put it past them. And Lakes saying on BV that the guy's twitter is SiouxSam is real, I am sure Lakes doesn't know anything about fake profile names.

I know for a fact that 8 of them aren't UND students. There might only be one that's actually a student at UND to be honest. I just don't know if there's anything UND can do. They can try kick the one out of school, but I have a feeling it would be a fairly easy legal battle to put them right back in since this was done in their free time off of campus and technically didn't refer to UND at all.

According to the Herald, at least 3 are UND students...

Quote regarding the non-UND shirt incident from Walk for Change Organizer - who is also not affiliated with UND: "Scott said the most recent incident was the straw that broke the camel’s back. “Native students aren’t going to want to come here,” she said.

Story in same Grand Forks Herald: UND will hold its general commencement ceremony at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks, which the university said will be its largest ever with 1,915 students eligible.

Quote regarding the non-UND shirt incident from Walk for Change Organizer - who is also not affiliated with UND: "Scott said the most recent incident was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

“Native students aren’t going to want to come here,” she said.

Cue ScottM..................

Did President Kelley have a car in it?

Yes he does. It's full of juice boxes, orange slices and glitter to hand out and sprinkle on everyone there.

I have zero problem with the march's "spokesperson" denouncing the conduct of the kids and their shirts just as long as it is also mentioned the severe problem with alcoholism in the NA culture and on the reservations.