SiouxSports.com Forum

Indian nicknames in the news

jimdahl

http://www.nytimes.c...me.html?hp&_r=0

Fortunately, all other major issues have been addressed, so our do-nothing Congress can focus its laser-like intellect on this issue.

I fully expect to see a resolution in this Congress, soon, that includes the phrase, "Because Brawndo's got electrolytes."

If you don't get the reference, Google it.

• Upvote 1

http://www.nytimes.c...me.html?hp&_r=0

Fortunately, all other major issues have been addressed, so our do-nothing Congress can focus its laser-like intellect on this issue.

"It was not circulated among Republicans." Well of course not. Everyone knows they're racists b*st*rds anyways. Good to see Harry Reid sticking up for those 22 tribes in Nevada who are no doubt impacted greatly by a football team located over 2,000 miles away...

"It was not circulated among Republicans." Well of course not. Everyone knows they're racists b*st*rds anyways. Good to see Harry Reid sticking up for those 22 tribes in Nevada who are no doubt impacted greatly by a football team located over 2,000 miles away...

I don't think they would get any signatures from the George Orwell Party, so why waste time asking in the first place? :p

Seriously though, I am not in favor of the Redskins name being retired and I think Congress has more important stuff to work on.

I don't think they would get any signatures from the George Orwell Party, so why waste time asking in the first place? :p

Seriously though, I am not in favor of the Redskins name being retired and I think Congress has more important stuff to work on.

Apparently 50 Democrats disagree with you on what's important...

Apparently 50 Democrats disagree with you on what's important...

Translation of this Democrat tomfoolery: "We think we're going to get our asses kicked and lose the senate this November. We need to do something to show we're actually relevant and to 'energize our base' because our we are impotent on foreign policy and incompetent on domestic policy." Syria = embarrassment. Russia/Ukraine = embarrassment. Nigeria = embarrassment. Chinese economic/cyber warfare = embarrassment. I could go on, and on, and on, and on, and on.........

Translation of this Democrat tomfoolery: "We think we're going to get our asses kicked and lose the senate this November. We need to do something to show we're actually relevant and to 'energize our base' because our we are impotent on foreign policy and incompetent on domestic policy." Syria = embarrassment. Russia/Ukraine = embarrassment. Nigeria = embarrassment. Chinese economic/cyber warfare = embarrassment. I could go on, and on, and on, and on, and on.........

What do you mean, Chewey? The IRS is doing a nice job of investigating potential extremist links in the USA, the man responsible for Bengazi (the anti-Muslim "video" guy) is in custody, Obama got Bin Laden...foreign policy has all been a huge success!

As for those Indian nicknames...can you imagine how fired up the base would be if "Redskins" was eliminated by executive order? If Congress won't act, I will!

• Upvote 1

I wonder how many of those erstwhile Senators go to 'skins games courtesy of some lobbyists. I'd guess all or most of them. :silly:

• Upvote 1

I guess the silver lining is that murders in DC must be way down thanks to the Bullets changing their name to the Wizards.

Yes, but instances of evil spells are on the increase .. ;)

Evil spells? I thought when they renamed them Wizards the urine smell in DC back alleys would increase. ;):D

Plus it's offensive to some folks in Louisiana...

No, that Senator was from West Virginia.

I meant that with respect to some back-woods New Orleans Voodoo...but I see what you did with my thought there...well-played.

I loved Robert Byrd...only a Dem could say what he did and get off scott-free.

I wonder how many of those erstwhile Senators go to 'skins games courtesy of some lobbyists. I'd guess all or most of them. :silly:

I was thinking the same thing too. I am sure Senator Reid has been in a few sky boxes as well.

I meant that with respect to some back-woods New Orleans Voodoo...but I see what you did with my thought there...well-played.

I loved Robert Byrd...only a Dem could say what he did and get off scott-free.

When I went to ICS school in Harpers Ferry, WV, at the school's main building they had a Robert KKK Byrd memorial in the lobby of one of the buildings.

The Fargo Forum reprinted this as their lead editorial in Saturday's paper:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-graduation-speeches-canceled-commencement-sp-20140519-story.html

I wonder if the Forum (and the Herald, also a Forum Comm outlet) see the sweet irony in their running article and article and editorial and editorial effectively promoting the idea of censorship on campus, and then running that piece (from the LA Times) that ends with:

Attempts to preempt speech on campus aren't limited to graduation ceremonies, and come mostly, but not exclusively, from students and faculty who think of themselves as progressive. ...

The notion that free speech and tolerance of opposing views are values that can be sacrificed in the cause of freedom and equality has a long pedigree. But it has no place on a college campus, on graduation day or at any other time.

I wonder if the NCAA has a subscription to the LA Times.

Here is a nice little letter to the editor by one of the hillbillies from the NDSU fanbase. Saying this stuff in jest on a message board is one thing. But, writing a letter to the editor and having in published in The Forum is another. :silly:

http://www.inforum.c...icle/id/435821/

It was discussed in this thread

It's just Lakes and his useless drivel.

Here is a nice little letter to the editor by one of the hillbillies from the NDSU fanbase. Saying this stuff in jest on a message board is one thing. But, writing a letter to the editor and having in published in The Forum is another. :silly:

http://www.inforum.c...icle/id/435821/

There are just as many Waylon Johnson's in Fargo as there are Haywood Jablome's. http://dexknows.whitepages.com/name/Waylon-Johnson/Fargo-ND/