SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. DENVER - Friday

AZSIOUX

Hammers one timer call is flat out embarassing, don't even start with the kober stuff..lol.

UND played well but for whatever reason can't score even on open nets , 2 in 1's ect..they could have killed Denver. Play like that again and they should win, that's if we can actually get it in that dang net. Rocco great game besides missing net after net. Big game tomorrow night. Go Sioux!

Yeah, what happened in that third period was a goalie from Finland going out of his mind. He makes one great save (very lucky that Mark didn't lift the puck half a foot higher) and after that he's not going to give one up.

Could tell that Denver was dog tired at the end, and UND playing four lines really helped their cause in the third and OT. Upset that UND didn't get another point, glad that Denver didn't shoot one off someone's butt and in the net and get two points.

Yeah, what happened in that third period was a goalie from Finland going out of his mind. He makes one great save (very lucky that Mark didn't lift the puck half a foot higher) and after that he's not going to give one up.

Could tell that Denver was dog tired at the end, and UND playing four lines really helped their cause in the third and OT. Upset that UND didn't get another point, glad that Denver didn't shoot one off someone's butt and in the net and get two points.

Hopefully that fatigue will show up in the second half of tomorrows game, they skated a lot of minutes tonight.

That top line of Denver played a ton....I mean a ton......the older Shore brother must have played every other shift in the third period....

One thing I'd like to see get cleaned up is the ice conditions.....talk about bouncy pucks all night. Yuck.

Disagree play was solid passing efficient, d was good ...just couldn't bury the biscuit...

I don't recall to much sloppiness.

The first 15 minutes of the game I thought were sloppy, but other than that not so much. The puck was bouncing around alot, which I think had quite a bit to do with the amount of odd man rushes given up by both teams.

Bottom line...this team is averaging less than 3 goals a game to date. Aside from the given "hot goalie" we will face every game :silly: , our top skill guys have to finish at some point. Rowney's goal last night was lucky and a great break to tie the score. The save on Easy Mac late in 3rd was sick, but he shot it in the only place a sprawling goalie even had a chance to stop it. This team has way too much offensive skill to be scoring just under 3 a night...something has to give at some point this season.

• Upvote 1