SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoffs

Cratter

I think EWU wins by 14+. Last weekend was a wakeup call for them after overlooking an oppenent they figured they would beat easily.

MSU is in for a bigger challenge. That is easily the game of the week. I thought last year that if the Sam Houston game vs. Montana would have been in Montana, it would have been FU vs. Montana in the championship. I don't feel any different here as I feel home field will be the difference maker. I'll take MSU by 7.

Good assessment, Sam has some real speed but if MSU can contain that they should be ok.

FU fans have been amusing as they have been downplaying how Wofford played against their competition particularly South Carolina, after doing the same thing when they faced Georgia Southern last year ('buttbama') yet they are quick to point out that they will be able to stop Wofford's triple option offense because they stopped Georgia Southern option last year. Sounds like a case of butt'buttbama'. I think FU wins, but much closer than some of their fans think. Wofford's D shut down some pretty good offenses this year. Should be a grind it out type of game.

SHSU and MSU is going to be an excellent game. I think the winner of that makes it to Frisco.

Yeah, even bizon fans say all their other program have gone in the shi**er because NSU loses in everything else to UND. Heard from all kinds of NDSU that UND would be never ever get ahead of NDSU in athletics again. lol!!

Bet even you drank that koolaid, Wyo.

buttDIheadstart, buttSummitLeagueisthegreatest, buttMVFC, buttBigSkysucksanyway, buttwrestling, buttBSArenovation

For UND fans, it isn't buttfootball but buttwereallydonotgiveashitaboutthebizon,

Whereas for FU fans, its really not butthockey, but buttwewatcheverymoveUNDmakesbecauseofourinsecuritycomplex

Well.......our Women's BB is worse than being in the shitter.......it is like in the septic tank. And, UND sure as hell had nothing to do with that at all......we seem to have screwed that up just fine. Most of the Bison fans would feel the same......every school has some nut jobs, however. the lunatic fringe so to say.

• Upvote 1

In a shameless attempt to get this thread back on topic so that I don't end up closing it.........................

Neither EWU or Montana St. impressed me last weekend. They both better get their poop in a group if they want to move on, especially MSU.

I don't expect Fargo to have much trouble with Wofford. That defense is just crazy good......................

Buttourathletesaren'tcriminals,

how innocent and naive :silly:

FU fans have been amusing as they have been downplaying how Wofford played against their competition particularly South Carolina, after doing the same thing when they faced Georgia Southern last year ('buttbama') yet they are quick to point out that they will be able to stop Wofford's triple option offense because they stopped Georgia Southern option last year. Sounds like a case of butt'buttbama'. I think FU wins, but much closer than some of their fans think. Wofford's D shut down some pretty good offenses this year. Should be a grind it out type of game.

SHSU and MSU is going to be an excellent game. I think the winner of that makes it to Frisco.

you might notice that the difference is that NDSU actually won. :whistling:

SHSU @ Montana State is an interesting game given last year's score, but I think MSU gets revenge with the game being played up north.

EWU, NDSU, and Old Dominion will win but it may be close for all three.

NDSU's challenge will be against Old Dominion, they have a great offense. I still think NDSU should be favored and likely will win though.

I agree with some of the guys above. FU's defense and playing in the dome will be too much for Wofford to overcome. I think Wofford's D gives FU's offense a hard time for awhile but runs out of gas after being on the field all game. I'll say 24-7.

Old Dominion beat Georgia Southern. Two below average defenses vs. some good offenses. Again I'll give the edge to homefield. 28-17 Old Dominion.

It's also amusing how Wofford is the next favorite team for gFU haters. That Fullback is a beast, so anything is possible if he gets going.

I know I've picked the FCS playoff "chalk" to the semis, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Wofford will be a warm-up scrimmage on the triple option and Georgia Southern will beat ODU and bring their version of the triple option to NDSU the following week. (Wofford/ODU is a tough game to get a read on.)

All Big Sky on the other side (Northern outdoor hosts in December. Need I say more?)

MSU defense looked good last week, offense was iffy. With SHSU it always comes down to stopping the run, if MSU's defense plays like they have been they should win a close one.

EWU is a jekyll & hyde team, last week they should have been down 20+ at halftime, second half they dominated. They should win a close one.

NDSU should roll.

No opinion on the GS/ODU game, if it was at GS I would take them...at ODU it's a coin flip.

Look at some of ODUs scores this season. They obviously have a great offense, but not sure if their defense will be up to snuff on this tricky offense GSU brings in. I predict a shootout, here are some of their scores from the season: 64-61 (against new hampshire who just scored 7 against Wofford ...45-37 (against Richmond)...53-27 (against Georgia State)...41-31 (against Bill and Mary)...38-28 (against James Madison)...65-35 (playoffs Coastal Carolina)...

And gave up 38 in their loss to Villinova. Jesus play some defense.

I think the AC/Wofford game will be close because of Wofford's defense (they are a top 10 but nobody knows it). I like a 17-7 game for the AC. With some much rushing, possessions will be limited.

I like the Redbirds in an upset.

The Bobcats get payback on Sam, which folds up in the fetal position in the cold.

ODU beats GSU in a close one.

I agree with some of the guys above. FU's defense and playing in the dome will be too much for Wofford to overcome. I think Wofford's D gives FU's offense a hard time for awhile but runs out of gas after being on the field all game. I'll say 24-7.

Old Dominion beat Georgia Southern. Two below average defenses vs. some good offenses. Again I'll give the edge to homefield. 28-17 Old Dominion.

That might be the score at the end of the 1st quarter. I'm thinking a 56-45 type game.

That might be the score at the end of the 1st quarter. I'm thinking a 56-45 type game.

Thats what I first thought but I think Georgia Southern will try and control the clock with their offense. They aren't going to get stopped too many times so as long as they don't break any big ones, I think its low scoring.

Thats what I first thought but I think Georgia Southern will try and control the clock with their offense. They aren't going to get stopped too many times so as long as they don't break any big ones, I think its low scoring.

Could happen, but the score when they played last year was 55-48. I see a similar type of game again.

Could happen, but the score when they played last year was 55-48. I see a similar type of game again.

Yeah the over/under on that game is 69, I would definitely bet the over, with their potent offenses and sketchy defenses the only thing that will kill drives is turnovers.