SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoffs

Cratter

I wish we would have had a repeat of last year with a regular season rematch. Texas A&M was the hottest team in the country the last 4 weeks. Alabama is just impressive. I would have loved to watch those two teams go at it again.

For what it's worth, Alabama wouldn't have even had the opportunity to play in this game tonight if not for the fact that Ohio State is on probation and therefore ineligible for postseason/bowl games.

My Nebraska beats them in the B1G Championship...we'll never know.

And at the World Junior tournament, the college players ate the major junior players alive. Check out Team USA and how they won. Check the goal count.

I'm not saying that major junior hockey isn't a force. But, don't discount college hockey. They got game.

Is it not accepted by most people that Canuck Juniors is the highest level? They are better by most opinions. NCAA DI is clearly the FCS of hockey.

Speed kills.

Put in Rudy.

The speed wasn't the difference. Alabama's Oline won the battle in the trenches. That was the difference.

I quit watching now at 35-0. This just makes it more obvious that the FBS level needs a true playoff.

Why? Notre Dame probably would have beat any team in it's path. Bama had the right type of team to beat Notre Dame. Notre Dame dominates the trenches. Alabama was just better in that area. That was a huge difference. Florida? Psh, they lost to Louisville. Oregon? Lost to Stanford, who Notre Dame beat, that would have been a fun game. oregon vs. notre dame. Notre Dame and Alabama were the two best teams. Giving teams a month off without playing has interesting effects. This time, it benefitted Alabama. Maybe next time it benefits someone else.

Is it not accepted by most people that Canuck Juniors is the highest level? They are better by most opinions. NCAA DI is clearly the FCS of hockey.

The speed wasn't the difference. Alabama's Oline won the battle in the trenches. That was the difference.

Why? Notre Dame probably would have beat any team in it's path. Bama had the right type of team to beat Notre Dame. Notre Dame dominates the trenches. Alabama was just better in that area. That was a huge difference. Florida? Psh, they lost to Louisville. Oregon? Lost to Stanford, who Notre Dame beat, that would have been a fun game. oregon vs. notre dame. Notre Dame and Alabama were the two best teams. Giving teams a month off without playing has interesting effects. This time, it benefitted Alabama. Maybe next time it benefits someone else.

Bama was just bigger faster stronger better and tougher. Give Kelly a couple more years and Notre Dame will look like an SEC team if the stupid admin doesn't fire him first.

Bama was just bigger faster stronger better and tougher. Give Kelly a couple more years and Notre Dame will look like an SEC team if the stupid admin doesn't fire him first.

This Natty run gives him something the previous three stupid coaches didn't provide. Hope. Bob davies was the Glen Mason of Notre Dame. Turns out going 7-4 8-5 every year isn't tolerated in South Bend. Ty Willingham and Charlie Weis couldn't build a proper team.

The knock on my man Kelly was that he wasn't a guy who has had good defenses. Turns out he built a good one(tonight doesn't change that). His offense will get better. #1 pocket passer qb Gunner Kiel redshirted this season. If Golson isn't good enough to retain his job, Kiel will take over. Notre Dame traditionally has great TE's(QB's best friend) and is finally starting to put an O-Line together.

This Notre Dame team reminds me a bit of the 2009 Alabama team that got waxed by Utah. Not quite there yet. But a lot closer than it appears.

I agree, Notre Dame is about to become SEC North.

For what it's worth, Alabama wouldn't have even had the opportunity to play in this game tonight if not for the fact that Ohio State is on probation and therefore ineligible for postseason/bowl games.

More fuel for the playoff fire, but NCAA lucks out again and the best team slips in the backdoor.

Even my Notre Dame friends knew this was going to happen, they were undefeated but they were less than impressive often, beating Purdue, BYU, and Pitt by 3 points each at home isn't exactly bragging material.

Notre Dame is about to become SEC North.

:huh::ohmy:

Were we watching the same game?

This reminds me of Ohio St. BSC title blowout a few years back. Ohio St. was undefeated this year but would have taken a worse thrashing IMO vs. Bama if they played last night.

Until any team north of the Mason Dixon line can get skilled guys to run faster that 4.6 it is not going to change. This is the SEC 8th straight BCS title.

You can sure tell Nick Saban was made for college...since he couldn't win anything with the Dolphins. I hope someone, anybody knocks Alabama out next year, and this 4 team playoff is a total joke. 4 BCS teams playing for a title...good luck to the rest of the 100+ FBS teams.

No. Only by the uniformed.

College teams are 18-23 year olds in general while Major Juniors are 16-20 year olds for the most part.

Over 31% of the players in the NHL come from the college ranks while around 9% of players in the NFL come from the FCS level. As an example, UND had 18 players earn an NHL paycheck last year and has around 50-60 ex players earning a paycheck playing hockey, NDSU had 4 players earn an NFL paycheck last year...which is impressive, I am just pointing this out to show the different level of athlete that competes in NCAA hockey versus FCS football.

For an American born player, 3 times as many that make the NHL coming from the college ranks than the Major Junior ranks.

We are talking about moving to the next level here but as far as playing each other, a good college team would beat a good Major Junior team more often than not....but they should as their players are older and stronger.

• Upvote 3

SHSU mowing three of them down in succession takes a bit of the luster out of it...

That was a thread on eGriz..."Meet the Big Sky Champs: Sam Houston State".

At least they have a sense of humor about it I guess.

I still feel like those WRs and that lightning quick FR QB from EWU would have tested the NDSU D in a way they haven't been since the last time the teams played

More than Bell, Sincere and Flanders? Kaufman was a beast, but I don't think NDSU's D would have given their QB much time to get passes off.

And their D sure as heck wouldn't have been able to stop NDSU's running game. I was hoping for EWU actually, would have healed a lot of those 2010 wounds for a lot of folks in Fargo.

More than Bell, Sincere and Flanders? Kaufman was a beast, but I don't think NDSU's D would have given their QB much time to get passes off.

And their D sure as heck wouldn't have been able to stop NDSU's running game. I was hoping for EWU actually, would have healed a lot of those 2010 wounds for a lot of folks in Fargo.

I'm not sure if you saw how quick that qb is. He's the quickest guy on the field and can run around and make plays. Also they went three deep at wr so I wonder how that would work out for your cbs since the top two are solid

I'm not sure if you saw how quick that qb is. He's the quickest guy on the field and can run around and make plays. Also they went three deep at wr so I wonder how that would work out for your cbs since the top two are solid

I'm sure they'd provide for an interesting challenge for NDSU's D. But their D looked awful. If you can't stop NDSU from running the ball, the game is over.

He reminded me a lot of MSU's guy and they didn't seem to have much of a problem with him. A QB breaking out of the pocket and hurting you requires the defense to have an assignment breakdown. eg. ends losing contain or coming to far up field creating lanes.

I am not saying NDSU's D is perfect, but they are the most disciplined group I have ever watched and I don't think they would be out of position enough for a quick QB to get loose enough to beat them.

I don't think there was a team in FCS this year that could have beat NDSU outside of GSU. Yeah I know, NDSU had a loss to ISU-B, but 9/10 NDSU beats them. Even though the Wofford game was close, I never had the sense that they were an equal opponent.

EWU was good, no doubt about it, but I think we are looking at a similar outcome in Frisco if they made it down there.