SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoffs

Cratter

People need to stop with the minor league, JV thing. UND is in the same division as NDSU and we were to win it all I would be as happy as Bison fans are now. If UND wins th NIT or the CIT I would be happy because there is no way we win March Madness. So just stop the I-AA, minor league crap. Congrats to NDSU and let's get the next season started!!

If anyone wants to take shots at SU because they feel it's not true "D1"...think how I feel watching UND this year?? How/what would you classify take mess!!??

You play the games on your schedule in the "division" your university is in. Last time I looked SU was the best FB squad 2 years running in our "division". Stop hating and demand more than the mediocrity "toe to toe" garbage UND FB fans have had to witness lately.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe this belly aching is going on in 2 threads. We can't even make it to the playoffs and some of you act like winning the whole show means nothing.

If UND doesn't make an appearance and win at least one playoff game next year, I am going to be livid. We need to step and get going, not complain the FCS title is small time football.

• Upvote 2

SHSU coach was quoted as saying the SU D was best they faced all season...this includes Baylor and Johnny Heisman's team...which is the same D that just held the Sooners to 14 points.

How many guys do they lose on defense, i thought i heard only 2?

They lose 7 seniors total in which only 4 played a roll. Get ready for a 3 peat. As long as Bohl honors his 8 year extension this team will be contenders for a title every year.

Everyone stop with the jv championship bs. It's ridiculous. What did it count for when we won in d2? Stop being insecure about the success that ndsu is enjoying right now, it's pathetic. Most of it is probably a result of the hockey team not being able to get it done for the past 12 years.

There is a difference between DII and minor league DI. DII know what they are. Whereas minor league DI does not. As I said before. FCS are the puppies trying to play with the big dogs.

• Upvote 1

whatever bison lover

get off the site ya troll

Far from a troll. My nephew plays on the Bison. The same kid UND recruited and I tried talking him into going to the Sioux. You may have heard of him, Carson Wentz. I'm a season ticket holder for the hockey team. Didn't go to either school. Have always been a Bison football fan but my Sioux hockey is #1. You don't like it that's just to damn bad.
  • Upvote 1

There is a difference between DII and minor league DI. DII know what they are. Whereas minor league DI does not. As I said before. FCS are the puppies trying to play with the big dogs.

You should go to a bath house with davek and hayduke and stroke each others opinions on this matter. In the mean time stay in the hockey forum and talk about how worthy an opponent the presdegious holy cross hockey team was.

• Upvote 1

You should go to a bath house with davek and hayduke and stroke each others opinions on this matter. In the mean time stay in the hockey forum and talk about how worthy an opponent the presdegious holy cross hockey team was.

Holy Cross was ranked #20 in the nation in the latest poll. That was in D-1, real D-1. Face it, North Dakota is known as a hockey school Because they won 7, that is 7 national championships at the highest level of college hockey. That's real D-1. Not some faux D-1 like Moo U has won.

The fact is, the truth is, that the FCS championship calling itself "D-1" is a running joke. It should be called D-IAA like it was in the past. It's not the highest level of college football. But, winning it is an honor. But, it should be honored in the right context.

Just because you don't like to hear the truth doesn't mean we shouldn't speak the truth.

Now, continue go on how gay we are or whatever else you wish. It just says more about you than us.

• Upvote 1

Holy Cross was ranked #20 in the nation in the latest poll. That was in D-1, real D-1. Face it, North Dakota is known as a hockey school Because they won 7, that is 7 national championships at the highest level of college hockey. That's real D-1. Not some faux D-1 like Moo U has won.

The fact is, the truth is, that the FCS championship calling itself "D-1" is a running joke. It should be called D-IAA like it was in the past. It's not the highest level of college football. But, winning it is an honor. But, it should be honored in the right context.

Just because you don't like to hear the truth doesn't mean we shouldn't speak the truth.

Now, continue go on how gay we are or whatever else you wish. It just says more about you than us.

Not sure where I said you guys were gay, that's your personal choice.

Funny how your stating that thee holy cross was a top 20 team actually reinforces my point that d1 hockey is on the same level as fcs football because the fact that a team like ferris st or holy cross or cc will routinely crack the national rankings. If d1 hockey was as big as your type likes to think the entire tourney would be covered on espn and espn2, not espn 3 until the frozen 4. There are fcs quarterfinals aired on espn2 each year because people like watching football more than hockey which is a very regionalized fringe sport. Don't get me wrong, I love hockey of all levels especially Und hockey but I have no delusions of grandeur.

• Upvote 1

Do you not congratulate your son for winning a grade school basketball tournament because it wasn't the NBA? You play the teams on your schedule and this year FU was the best team in OUR football division. Its not worth knocking or belittling. As someone mentioned earlier, I know our players, coaches and recruits were watching and taking note. That is the level our program is expected to reach.

Why are UND fans fighting with other UND fans over this? NDSU won the DI FCS Championship, and last I looked UND was in the FCS. If we went to the FBS and beat ND or Alabama and won the FBS championship then you can knock the FCS title as the minor league or little league title. But UND didn't even have a winning record in an FCS conference called the Big Sky. We are not in the Big 10, or Big 12 we are in the Big Sky in the FCS Division of Division I. We are on even ground with NDSU, playing for the same National Title. So if UND gets to the title game are you guys still going to knock the title game because its not the FBS, or the Frozen Four? Just unreal what I am seeing here. I hated to see the Bison win yesterday, even my wife got pissed at me when I was going for SHSU, but in the end you congratulate them on the title, and you look towards knocking them off the next season. You don't rip them for winning a title that you yourself is competing for. So lets knock this !@#$ off and lets discuss UND football (this is the football forum isn't it) and last I checked UND is in the FCS.

• Upvote 4

Yep, I hate the Bison and cheered for SHSU both years, but that was very impressive. Especially the defense. Well done.

Sam Houston's QB looked like he lobbed the ball instead of a straight throw (something like Taylor Martinez of Nebraska). His receivers (and the NDSU defenders) looked like they were playing right field grabbing a fly ball. NDSU capitalized on SHSU's mistakes and in a title game you have to do that, you can't waste opportunities. NDSU did everything right, and deserved to win the title. Congrats Bison.