SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoffs

Cratter

Seriously? Ok, we know your nephew is a bizon qb, awesome, go to bizonville to hail to them. (I'm happy you cheer on your family regardless of team i just dont like seeing the celebration for them here)

Yes seriously. It's not like I shove it down your throats on here. I didn't go to either school. I will always be a Sioux hockey fan first. Always.

Believe me I tried talking Carson into going to UND but his brother had a little more pull than me.

• Upvote 1

Hate to say it, but UND won't be accomplishing back-to-back national championship game appearances any time soon. I just hope Muss can put together a team that can win the Big Sky, or even get into the playoffs for that matter.

Who knows? No one, and I mean not anyone in Fargo either, saw this run coming after the 09 season.
  • Upvote 1

Hate to say it, but UND won't be accomplishing back-to-back national championship game appearances any time soon. I just hope Muss can put together a team that can win the Big Sky, or even get into the playoffs for that matter.

What you're seeing in Fargo is how quickly a single recruiting class can turn a program around. Who's to say Mollberg, Bartels, Golloday, Edwards, Rich, Labat, Tuilagi, and Cain can't have be like Jensen, Williams, Jirik, Olson and Smith? It seriously sucks ass that we have to watch our neighbors to the south enjoy success like this while we crawl out of the hole that was the transition but there are plenty of reasons to be excited about UND football. There's no doubt in my mind that a playoff game will be played in the Alerus before Mollberg and the rest of that class are done.

by chance, I watched the game tonight with a trio of former UND players. Their response, was interesting to say the least.

NDSU is going to lose the title game by at least 20. That team is a train wreck, not anywhere near championship material. I'm not going to waste my time or money going to the title game.

by chance, I watched the game tonight with a trio of former UND players. Their response, was interesting to say the least.

NDSU is going to lose the title game by at least 20. That team is a train wreck, not anywhere near championship material. I'm not going to waste my time or money going to the title game.

Is it April 1st?

Jensen is grossly overrated as a QB...he makes horrible reads, locks in on WRs and throws the ball like Marcus and Joey from our '11 season, but he is underrated as a football player.

When it's all said and done, his title will be "winner".

On a side note, how does your All-American, NFL prospect, best player on the field Marcus Williams get burned on a deep sideline pass on 4 and 11 with a couple minutes left to give GSU an opportunity to even have a chance to tie the game?? IMO that play was worse than the roughing the punter call.

• Upvote 1

Jensen is grossly overrated as a QB...he makes horrible reads, locks in on WRs and throws the ball like Marcus and Joey from our '11 season, but he is underrated as a football player.

When it's all said and done, his title will be "winner".

On a side note, how does your All-American, NFL prospect, best player on the field Marcus Williams get burned on a deep sideline pass on 4 and 11 with a couple minutes left to give GSU an opportunity to even have a chance to tie the game?? IMO that play was worse than the roughing the punter call.

I'd say "burned" is a little strong. He was on the WRs hip. It looks like he lost his legs and didn't make a play on the ball. Either way, an All American which AC fans have been telling us could go to the draft as a Jr absolutely cannot give up that pass in that situation.

The crappy thing about the national title game is that because Eastern and Sam don't travel well (which is their own fault of course), this is a home game for the AC. If it is Sam, at least they'll get a few more fans due to proximity. Unless they bought tickets as early as the AC fans did, which is doubtful since they started the season poorly.

Dear Lord I want Eastern to take care of business and shut them up.

Jensen's stats...9 of 19 for 76 yards and ran for 58 w over half of those on last drive. He basically had 100 total yards to until the 6 minute mark in the 4th...but he found a way to win the game.

I watched the game with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny and they said they thought the Bison could win all it if the players can stay out of jail.

I'd say "burned" is a little strong. He was on the WRs hip. It looks like he lost his legs and didn't make a play on the ball. Either way, an All American which AC fans have been telling us could go to the draft as a Jr absolutely cannot give up that pass in that situation.

Don't know what else you would call it?? Again 4th & 11 in man to man coverage and you are the next best thing to Revis...make a play and games over.

Williams also had a missed tackle that resulted in a TD. I have tons of respect for GSU and Wofford for that matter. Two great games.

As for Jensen....just absolutely missing guys that are open and also not seeing open guys. It is frustrating to sit in the endzone and watch plays develop and guys being missed. You gotta give him this....he is a leader, and he never panics.

Unbelievable atmosphere. The best I've been in.

I would love to see Eastern Washington. Make it happen.

• Upvote 2

OK i will say right away i am a bison fan and i have to agree williams got beat [1st time in 2 yrs] and jensen has been a big disappointment all year and yes the play calling has been iffy and yes ga southern played better. but when its all said and done

we are going to frisco and they are not.

also lose by 30 you probable said the same thing before this game.

You mean, you watched our FCS Semifinal game on ESPN2 with some former UND fb players who have never played in a FCS playoff game, never been to a championship, and certainly don't have a FCS championship ring?? LOL Jealousy smells pretty good over on SS today.

• Upvote 2

You mean, you watched our FCS Semifinal game on ESPN2 with some former UND fb players who have never played in a FCS playoff game, never been to a championship, and certainly don't have a FCS championship ring?? LOL Jealousy smells pretty good over on SS today.

You would think some of these posters would have something to back up their jealosy with but they don't.

Not the best game for Williams last night, the missed tackle on the TD was not good but letting the kid get behind him on 4th and 11 could have been disastrous if the ball would have been thrown a couple more yards.

Looked like GSU had the momentum after NDSU roughed the punter in his own endzone and GSU drove it the length of the field for a TD, that was a 10-14 point swing, but then the 2 personal fouls on the last NDSU drive pretty much sealed their fate.

Good game all the way, should be a good championship game too.

I thought that when hosting an NCAA tournament game, sites were supposed to attempt to provide a neutral atmosphere, including the PA announcer.

We used to think the same thing. The Fargodome was completely neutral for our first DI tournament game against Robert Morris two years ago. We still did the entrance video, but once the game started it was handled like a neutral site game. Then we traveled to Montana State and Eastern Washington where they treated it like a regular home game. Either after those games or before the start of last years playoffs, NDSU asked the relevant NCAA division what the rule actually was. The answer was basically: "You've earned home site; treat it as such." Since then, we've ramped things up to the point of it being just like any other home game. Live and learn.

he is a Bison fan. Figure it out.

If you could read you'd realize that mg2009 follows Bison football, with a semi-classy approach.

But thanks again for showing up for your yearly post and reinforcing what I already know.

If you could read you'd realize that mg2009 follows Bison football, with a semi-classy approach.

But thanks again for showing up for your yearly post and reinforcing what I already know.

I feel obligated to come over here a couple of times a year to remind you of how crappy your football program is. I guess I could remind you of your *ss kicking you took in the BB game too...