SiouxSports.com Forum

Soooooo time to move on..... NAU game this week

geaux_sioux

No, my daughter goes to The U of North Dakota, but grew up in southeastern Arizona - Sierra Vista. A lot of Buena grads go to NAU, and she would always give her brother a bad time about NAU. Have nothing against NAU & think Flagstaff is a beautiful town. Just wish I could afford to live there.

I know Sierra Vista well. Two high school/college friends worked down there as contractors for the military. I've had a few rounds @ The Sorry Gulch Saloon and lived to tell. Miller Peak is one of my favorite hikes. Chiricahua National Monument, Tombstone, Bisbee, cooler temperatures and cleaner air...SE Arizona is my second favorite part of the state.

Flagstaff: Poverty With a View. I'd give an internal organ to live there again but it's just too hard to make ends meet.

my prediction for the game is.....hanson starts but his helmet pops off so he has to sit for one play and muss accidentily sends in mollberg instead of marcus for that one play and then the real qb controversy starts!!!!

Hahaha, props for creativity. Wouldn't that be a debacle!

I know Sierra Vista well. Two high school/college friends worked down there as contractors for the military. I've had a few rounds @ The Sorry Gulch Saloon and lived to tell. Miller Peak is one of my favorite hikes. Chiricahua National Monument, Tombstone, Bisbee, cooler temperatures and cleaner air...SE Arizona is my second favorite part of the state.

Flagstaff: Poverty With a View. I'd give an internal organ to live there again but it's just too hard to make ends meet.

yeah go to the Chirachuas and you swear Wile E Coyote must be there - I did see the RoadRunner. Congratulations on surviving the Sorry Gulch. Love the San Franciscos and Sedona.

Congrats to the Jacks on having the best team you've had in many years. Sorry, but I hope UND can parlay the home field into enough of an advantage. The Sioux need to get back on track.

what is the gameday environment like at UND? Good attendance/tailgating?

Before the transition the atmosphere was alot better. The transition was terrible in terms of quality opponents and entertaining UND teams. A 3-8 campaign in 2010 and a loss to NAIA Sioux Falls at home killed the reputation of the program. Last year(a little bit) and this year have done alot to restore the program to its rightful place but some fans still don't buy that the football program is/will be good in D1. When we do get really good again the Alerus will be packed again. In the 2001 playoffs we hosted games on the way to the title game and the final two had raucous crowds and the place was the loudest stadium I've ever been in (including the Metrodome and other pro and D1 A teams) The attendance this year has been ok, it was on its way back to where it should be before those two losses. It takes alot to get the last 2000 fans in the door at the Alerus. Tailgating is decent at best. Could be wayyy better, just look at NDSU for an example.

Gametime:

4 passing TDs and 350 yards passing

5 sacks

1 int

1 blocked FG

running backs have a nice day combine for 150

Bauman runs for 128 yards and 1 TD

They pressure the QB and get burned (think PSU)

We pound the rock in the 2nd half ala Sac St

They need to pass the ball to come back and we gets sacks and an int

UND >45

NAU <30

Before the transition the atmosphere was alot better. The transition was terrible in terms of quality opponents and entertaining UND teams. A 3-8 campaign in 2010 and a loss to NAIA Sioux Falls at home killed the reputation of the program. Last year(a little bit) and this year have done alot to restore the program to its rightful place but some fans still don't buy that the football program is/will be good in D1. When we do get really good again the Alerus will be packed again. In the 2001 playoffs we hosted games on the way to the title game and the final two had raucous crowds and the place was the loudest stadium I've ever been in (including the Metrodome and other pro and D1 A teams) The attendance this year has been ok, it was on its way back to where it should be before those two losses. It takes alot to get the last 2000 fans in the door at the Alerus. Tailgating is decent at best. Could be wayyy better, just look at NDSU for an example.

Charging to have a tailgate spot and only allowing in like 3 hours early is what has killed tailgating.

• Upvote 1