SiouxSports.com Forum

Soooooo time to move on..... NAU game this week

geaux_sioux

If the below tweet is true we are in trouble:

SiouxFootballInsider@SiouxFootball

#UND defense could be without LB Garrison Goodman, NG Devin Benjamin, and ILB Derrick Goard also. #bangedup

Expand

Did all these happen in the game, I don't recall? If not, then it appears there was some head knocking going on at practice this week. Good for them!

Could McGill get a medical redshirt? I guess he probably has played too much this season but I don't have a lot of knowledge in that area.

I believe the cut off is 30% of the season, and can't play at all in the second half of the season. I think he played in at least 4 games, which would probably make him ineligible for the medical redshirt.

CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!! First time, that I will get to go to football in a LONG LONG LONG LONG time. They had better play well for me ;)

As a total FB fan this is a great post, I was at every game for us thru the losing season etc... And always cheered you are a True fan

Win or lose you support the team

And peple said don't feed the %&^$ when I said (2 weeks ago) there would be 6,500 at this game. I hope I'm not right but I bet I'm closer than all you 10,000 + folks

UND usually has big crowds at Homecoming. Now with a Big Sky opponent and playoffs still a possibility I think the total will be close to the 10,000 range. Maybe 9-10k. There will be more than 6500....guaranteed.

My predictions:

Braden Hanson completes 75% of his passes.

Mussman coaches this game from the UND sideline ( I have it from a reliable source that it wasn't just a coincidence that Mussman and the EWU coach looked alike, they actually switched sidelines last game and coached each others team. Now you know why we didn't go for it on 4th and 1 in the 3rd quarter. Obviously EWU's coach did a much better job at coaching our players to play poorly than Muss did with the EWU players. Not surprised I guess.)

The players realize that if they are going to win games, they need to take it solely upon themselves to play with heart, intensity, and discipline. Our coaching staff can't help them here. As a result, our rushing game is decent and and Jer Garmin has a nice run early in the game. Unfortunately he trash talks NAU's strong safety and gets drilled the next play. (Don't get me wrong, I like Jer, just don't know that he is the type of player that should be doing anything to inspire the other team to hit him harder.)

Jackson has a career day, taking advantage of Hanson's ability to throw over the middle.

Our defense holds NAU to 350 yards rushing.

Miller and Sutton combine 170 yards.

Mackey gives up two touchdowns, waving his arms in a cross-wise manner to signal no catch while the refs raise their arms in a bilateral vertical manner to signal touchdown.

We have at least one successful trick play.

Mersereau fumbles a punt, has one interception, and misses tackles that account for 180 of NAU's 350 yards rushing.

Jablonski has 2 sacks, J Nelson has one.

Regardless of what really happens, I expect a close game. This is what UND football should be capable of - close games against good teams. The team needs to expect this as well and play with some authority.

• Upvote 1

That really sucks. He looked really improved this year and was the go to guy on 3rd down. Hopefully a guy like Ivory can step up and fill in the void, he's shown a lot of upside.

Wonder if Casey Young will get a chance and use it to step up? Be nice to see some good use of that size and speed he showed in high school.

Wonder if Casey Young will get a chance and use it to step up? Be nice to see some good use of that size and speed he showed in high school.

I'm guessing he's not as big fast or good as people thought when he committed to UND. He has yet to see a meaningful snap in a game other than special teams. His rivals profile had him at 6'2" 195 and a 4.48. If those were true he'd be a good players for UND, unfortunately they're obviously not.

That really sucks. He looked really improved this year and was the go to guy on 3rd down. Hopefully a guy like Ivory can step up and fill in the void, he's shown a lot of upside.

Ivory did step up towards the end of the season last year when Hardin went down so we know he is capable...but can he be consistent?

Also, our receiving corp is very talented all around...enough with these damn dropped balls!

I'm guessing he's not as big fast or good as people thought when he committed to UND. He has yet to see a meaningful snap in a game other than special teams. His rivals profile had him at 6'2" 195 and a 4.48. If those were true he'd be a good players for UND, unfortunately they're obviously not.

His high school track results verify that he has the speed (10.82 100m dash, two-time 110M hurdle champ in top division), just wondering why he hasn't put it together to get a shot on the field.

His high school track results verify that he has the speed (10.82 100m dash, two-time 110M hurdle champ in top division), just wondering why he hasn't put it together to get a shot on the field.

Probably because he isn't that fast anymore, if he was he'd be out there other than special teams. Elite athletes don't ride the pine.

Probably because he isn't that fast anymore, if he was he'd be out there other than special teams. Elite athletes don't ride the pine.

As it relates to Casey Young, one word comes to mind.......safety. He's shown some decent tackling on special teams, and he's got great size to be a safety, especially considering the talent we have coming back at WR. They likely wouldn't do this during the year, but maybe something to try during spring ball. Could you imagine Javen Butler and Casey Young, both at 6'2", as our safeties? Now whether Young is completely willing and able is a different story, but does that get him on the field?

As it relates to Casey Young, one word comes to mind.......safety. He's shown some decent tackling on special teams, and he's got great size to be a safety, especially considering the talent we have coming back at WR. They likely wouldn't do this during the year, but maybe something to try during spring ball. Could you imagine Javen Butler and Casey Young, both at 6'2", as our safeties? Now whether Young is completely willing and able is a different story, but does that get him on the field?

Anytime someone mentions safeties I remember how much we could use Fifita.......... the physical run stopper that never was..... Butler needs to develop fast.

Anytime someone mentions safeties I remember how much we could use Fifita.......... the physical run stopper that never was..... Butler needs to develop fast.

How long is his mission? Two years? I know there is no guarantee he comes back after that, but maybe we will have a wealth of safeties then?

So a little off topic...but in regards to Saturdays game. UND is promoting the Homecoming game as "Get Your Green On." I am wondering if we are going to see the team in their traditional home green jerseys on Saturday. Would make sense to me. Fans are encouraged to wear green....I would think that they would want the team to be a part of that. Much like how the Montana game is a "Blackout game" the team and fans will be wearing black. I am also very curios to see how the new helmet color looks with the green jerseys.