SiouxSports.com Forum

Soooooo time to move on..... NAU game this week

geaux_sioux

When every single team we play has the "greatest running back/receiver/quarterback in the history of history", then it's time to question what kind of defense we have. No team, I don't care who they are, should be able to march 99 yards for 6 points in OUR HOUSE. Ever. We give up 400-500 yards and 40-50 points every single game. Our defense used to eat opposing running backs for lunch at home. Now we can't get a stop if our life depends on it. From now on, I think we should go for every single 4th down when we are across mid-field because the defense sure as heck isn't going to get a stop.

Wow, that may be the worst tackling team I have ever seen, just pathetic.

The defense is not up to this level of play, would not even be good enough for D2.

Either they recruited poorly or the coaches are doing a poor job or both. No matter the end result still points to the coaching staff. Something has to change with the coaching staff.

My opinion is that Mussman is not up to coaching at this level. He certainly cannot manage a game properly. Given the defense he has to work with there is no way he should have punted in the 4Q when it was tied and they had a fourth and one on the NAU 39. You have to go for it. Do you want to put the outcome of the game in the hands of the offense or defense ? It was a no brainer. By punting there he was basically saying he trusted the defense to stop NAU more than he trusted the offense to gain 1 yard.

I don't see UND ever contending for a championship with Mussman as the coach. The longer Faison waits to make a change the longer it will be until we contend and can fill the Alerus on a consistant basis.

• Upvote 1

That call on 3rd and 1 with the deep pass and then not going for it on 4th and 1 was a horrible decision. I said it before the punt went to the 1. Our D can't stop $hit and our offense was moving fairly well, even with the run to that point. You gotta go for it, push it to at least a field goal and take the lead back.

Exactly. Your defense is unable to stop the other team, the score is tied and you have a 3rd and a yard and a half from the NAU 40. This is not hindsight either, but I told my friend at the time that they need to be looking at this as needing a yard and a half in two downs, which calls into question why you throw up a prayer at that juncture. It's hard to complain about the offense, but when you have a defense that is not capable of stopping someone, you have to have a mindset as a coach that you need to outscore the other team. If you are going to be aggressive on 3rd down like that, I would like to see you go for it on fourth as well.

I will not attend another UND football gme this year. Those are the facts. I am embarrassed to be a Sioux fan tonight. NAU was not the better team, they were the better coached team though.

Fire Mussman . Sick of this.

I am as ticked off as you are, but boycotting the rest of the season is not the answer. I will be there next week supporting the team, win or lose. But you are right, changes have to be made after the season is over.

• Upvote 1