SiouxSports.com Forum

Soooooo time to move on..... NAU game this week

geaux_sioux

This entire week defensively there is no need to scheme. Just work on tackling. Every day, every minute of practice. Tackling. Wrapping guys up, and bring them to the ground. Using good tackling technique, and good footwork as you approach the tackle.

• Upvote 1

UND fans -

Don't give up on your team. For years, it was the same in Flagstaff. A good offense or a good defense but rarely both. Close games but somehow finding a way to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. Pissed off fans left and right calling for Coach Souers head on a platter.

Hanson was calm and collected and that run-and-gun passing offense of yours is a thing of beauty. Your o-line was good also. Your defense needs some work. That's putting it nicely. But either quitting on this team (no longer supporting em) or booing them certainly won't help motivate a bunch of 18-23 year old kids. The number of injuries faced by your defense can't be easy to overcome.

NAU's announcer commented on how loud it was in the Alerus. That is a beneficial factor. Don't forget that or discount it. Bring the noise.

The U of M are young, inexperienced and a bit down this year. MSU is talented but has shown flaws. Neither are quite as dominant as a few of their internet fans think. UND offense plays like they did Saturday and they have a shot at a few wins here on out.

Good luck. I'd enjoy chatting if any of you head down south to the Flagstaff game next year. I plan on driving up the mountain for that one.

Not many of the real fans are giving up on this team. We do, though, have very high standards for this program. We're used to winning and will accept nothing other than that. The transition sucked for timing and now that we're clear of that mess it's time to win. For a program with 25 conference titles a national title and two bowl wins from the 70's we are expecting to be elite within the next 5 years. We should be a perennial FCS power by then and consistently at upper part of the Big Sky. There is no reason that we can't have a winning record from here on out with the occasional rebuilding year here and there.

• Upvote 3

UND fans -

Don't give up on your team. For years, it was the same in Flagstaff. A good offense or a good defense but rarely both. Close games but somehow finding a way to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. Pissed off fans left and right calling for Coach Souers head on a platter.

Hanson was calm and collected and that run-and-gun passing offense of yours is a thing of beauty. Your o-line was good also. Your defense needs some work. That's putting it nicely. But either quitting on this team (no longer supporting em) or booing them certainly won't help motivate a bunch of 18-23 year old kids. The number of injuries faced by your defense can't be easy to overcome.

NAU's announcer commented on how loud it was in the Alerus. That is a beneficial factor. Don't forget that or discount it. Bring the noise.

The U of M are young, inexperienced and a bit down this year. MSU is talented but has shown flaws. Neither are quite as dominant as a few of their internet fans think. UND offense plays like they did Saturday and they have a shot at a few wins here on out.

Good luck. I'd enjoy chatting if any of you head down south to the Flagstaff game next year. I plan on driving up the mountain for that one.

Thanks for posting here, please come back and post during the basketball season. NAU has a nice team and it will be interesting to see how your season goes. The last game of the year Poly at NAU is shaping up to be a big game. But a lot of season to go until that game. It sounds like NAU has paid it's due and it is nice to see it paying off for NAU. I hope that the game is on FCS it will be fun to watch.

Thanks for posting here, please come back and post during the basketball season. NAU has a nice team and it will be interesting to see how your season goes. The last game of the year Poly at NAU is shaping up to be a big game. But a lot of season to go until that game. It sounds like NAU has paid it's due and it is nice to see it paying off for NAU. I hope that the game is on FCS it will be fun to watch.

it actually will be live on FCS

Anyone know why they still refuse to crank the music for the intro? They turned it up a little but cmon its a joke compared to how they crank it at the Engelstad. It makes the Alerus seem like a joke and takes away from the pregame intensity.

I'm guessing the terrible sound system and even more terrible acoustics in the Al make it difficult.

I'm guessing the terrible sound system and even more terrible acoustics in the Al make it difficult.

To crank it to 11? All it takes is a clockwise motion with the hand, doesn't seem difficult to me. If they need new speakers they should get them, the ones at the Engelstad spontaneously combusted after 10 years of use so they should get on that before theirs go up in flames too

I didn't claim it was hypothetical...I questioned the relevance. We all understand that, without your team's best player, yes, you probably have a very good chance of looking good by comparison and an increased chance of winning the game. What exactly do you do with that as a coach, player, or fan? Hope your opponents don't show up with their best line up? Go the Saints route and get a bounty system in place? If your program can't win against your opponents' starting line up, you just have to get better yourself. That this is even in our thought process shows that we are either still talent poor in very key areas or are getting out schemed or both .

Didn't mean to jump down your throat, frustration is setting in. Sorry. :crazy:

Your statements are about as illogical as they come. Come on, accusing me of advocating the Saints route? What crap is that? Bauman happened to be out for more than a quarter.

Like the Colts were the same team without Manning. Come on, use the head that God gave you.

When Bauman was out of the game, the UND scored 24 vs 3 points for NAU. NAU is an good offensive team without Bauman, while with Bauman there are a Big Sky championship caliber team.

Will do. NAU won't be quite as good in mens or womens hoops this year but I do my best to follow both teams.

Your statements are about as illogical as they come. Come on, accusing me of advocating the Saints route? What crap is that? Bauman happened to be out for more than a quarter.

Like the Colts were the same team without Manning. Come on, use the head that God gave you.

When Bauman was out of the game, the UND scored 24 vs 3 points for NAU. NAU is an good offensive team without Bauman, while with Bauman there are a Big Sky championship caliber team.

I wasn't accusing you of that, if you read my post. You are absolutely correct in that NAU is not as good without Bauman as with him. But we can make that claim with every team with a playmaker like Bauman! Unless you hope he doesn't show up, or try to knock him out (the sarcasm with the Saints route), as a team your playmakers have to match theirs.

Or, I'll just throw it to you-Montana is not as good without Mckinney or Nguyen. What do you do with that information since they are scheduled to play this week?

I wasn't accusing you of that, if you read my post. You are absolutely correct in that NAU is not as good without Bauman as with him. But we can make that claim with every team with a playmaker like Bauman! Unless you hope he doesn't show up, or try to knock him out (the sarcasm with the Saints route), as a team your playmakers have to match theirs.

Or, I'll just throw it to you-Montana is not as good without Mckinney or Nguyen. What do you do with that information since they are scheduled to play this week?

Doubt it is possible to reason with you as your statements are so illogical.

When Bauman left the game to when he returned, UND outscored NAU 24-3. That score speaks for itself, as NAU was an entirely different offensive team without Bauman, who I said was the best back in the Big Sky and made NAU a premiere FCS team when he's playing. Egriz has a poll that rates Bauman as overwhelming the best back in the Big Sky

So you are saying McKinney and Nguygen are going to be injured this week? Wow. My comments about Bauman were after the game, not before. Are you capable of understanding the difference? Why don't you just say you were wrong with your original post instead of continuously attacking my original post on Bauman and then countering with ridiculous statements..

Bauman is by far the best back in the Big Sky, with a few others tied in the second place spot (DJ Adams, Deonte Williams, etc.). Heck, I'd say Bauman is FCS All-American.

I'm still upset that our tv announcer (p*ss and green ag school fan) Dan Hammer had to mention on the broadcast that Bauman is only debatably the best, with the good backs from his fav conference MVFC being possibly better.

Doesn't surprise me though, since everyone is jumping on the bandwagon for the team down south.

A whole bunch of Big Sky fans (across the board) seem to think Deonte Williams is a better back than Bauman. That would be one former Lumberjack (Williams played freshman year @ NAU) and one current Lumberjack discussed as being the best back in the league.

I need to take the time to watch a Cal Poly game on bigskytv before passing judgement. I remember him being pretty damned good his freshman year in Flagstaff.

Bauman's cut back/change of direction ability is fun to watch. I don't think he's the best running back between the tackles (he fights hard for his yardage there) but his lateral movement on the field reminds me of a young Barry Sanders.

A whole bunch of Big Sky fans (across the board) seem to think Deonte Williams is a better back than Bauman. That would be one former Lumberjack (Williams played freshman year @ NAU) and one current Lumberjack discussed as being the best back in the league.

I need to take the time to watch a Cal Poly game on bigskytv before passing judgement. I remember him being pretty damned good his freshman year in Flagstaff.

Bauman's cut back/change of direction ability is fun to watch. I don't think he's the best running back between the tackles (he fights hard for his yardage there) but his lateral movement on the field reminds me of a young Barry Sanders.

You guys have been on almost every board talking about this. I do think Bauman is better. But Deonte is a very different back, he's much more smooth and a little faster. Bauman has those rare subtle shakes between jukes that can't be taught and breaks more than just ankles. Both guys are stronger than they appear and have good vision. You can't go wrong with either one but it's still Bauman. Just go on undsports.com and listen to the post game interview with Dom Bennett and he'll tell you how good Bauman is.

Thanks, geaux-sioux. I'll check out the UND sports site for that interview.

A few other NAU fans have been bringing the Deonte/Zach debate up on cs.com and other locales. I've stayed out of this discussion except for here. Rankings and respect from other fanbases are fun discussions but the best way to silence doubters is for NAU to keep winning. I'm really hoping that NAU and Cal Poly go into the final game of the season undefeated in conference. Regardless of the final outcome, that would make for a great environment.

I was sad when Deonte left NAU but am happy he's landed on his feet in San Luis Obispo.