SiouxSports.com Forum

Soooooo time to move on..... NAU game this week

geaux_sioux

So a little off topic...but in regards to Saturdays game. UND is promoting the Homecoming game as "Get Your Green On." I am wondering if we are going to see the team in their traditional home green jerseys on Saturday. Would make sense to me. Fans are encouraged to wear green....I would think that they would want the team to be a part of that. Much like how the Montana game is a "Blackout game" the team and fans will be wearing black. I am also very curios to see how the new helmet color looks with the green jerseys.

Blackout (or whatever the color choice is) games are fine if you know you have a sell out. It looks bad when the crowd isn't huge but are wearing the same color because it draws too obvious a distinction to the color of the empty seats.
  • Upvote 1

From a betting standpoint, generally the rule is to take the points and lay money on a home 'dog, but the way UND has played the last 2 weeks that would be tough to do.

On a side note, based on this line UNA would be roughly an 8 point favorite if this game was at UNA this Saturday.

From a betting standpoint, generally the rule is to take the points and lay money on a home 'dog, but the way UND has played the last 2 weeks that would be tough to do.

On a side note, based on this line UNA would be roughly an 8 point favorite if this game was at UNA this Saturday.

Wonder who gets the lucky job of being the FCS line setting guy?

I was just perusing the Big Sky statistics, and a few things stand out about the North Dakota-Northern Arizona matchup........................

We all are aware what a threat Zach Bauman is, so I was a bit surprised to see that NAU's success mostly seems to be based on defense and special teams.

Despite the prolific Bauman, the Lumberjacks are just 6th in the conference in rushing offense and and 12th in pass offense.

They appear to be disciplined, as they take the fewest penalties of any team in the league.

They are #2 in total defense, #1 in pass defense, and middle of the pack in rush defense.

NAU is +6 in turnover margin.

The thing that stands out most to me is their special teams. They are averaging 24 yards on punt returns and have already returned two for TDs. UND is next to last in the league in punting.

My thought is the game plan will be to stack the box and sell out against the run, take our chances by putting the DB's out on an island. They really haven't been tested all that much, so who knows what they can do?

I'm the eternal optimist, the constant homer.....................

But I'm gonna say:

34 Northern Arizona

21 North Dakota

It is going to be interesting to see how Muss gets the guys ready for this game coming off that disaster at EWU. I still say that Faison was far to quick to extend Muss's contract. This game should tell everyone a lot about how the rest of the season is going to go. We are having a Bison party at my basement bar and I am going to try and stream the UND game on one of my TVs.

Call me the optimistic one, but...

With our backs against the wall and the sting of losing the past two homecoming games, UND comes out swinging, determined not to make it 3 in a row. Hanson starts and plays effectively and gets the offense back into the swing of things. We begin to get the running game going again as Miller finally decides to act like the 2011 version of himself and start ripping off large runs. While Bauman gets around 120 yards rushing, the defense makes it a little more difficult. The defense, while not what we are looking for just yet, improved by at least getting the basic funamentals of tackling done. They also make NAU QB frustrated as they get 3 sacks on the day, and several hurries. A late 4th quarter touchdown and defensive stand sends the green clad homecoming crowd happy as UND pulls the upset. Making the small flicker of light that is our playoff hopes just a tad bit brighter.

UND 34

NAU 27

I am worried if Benjamin is not healthy this week. As poor as our defense has played you can notice the difference of him being in the game and a backup NG being in. If we are short a starting NG and LB and a backup LB up the middle this week, it could be a long game. The thing that worried me against Poly was knowing they were going to be in 3rd and short all game long and how our defense was going to respond. We couldn't get off the field in those situations. I see NAU being in a lot of those same situations this week. How is our defense going to play on 3rd and short? That to me is the key to this game. I need to see something out of our defense this week.

It is going to be interesting to see how Muss gets the guys ready for this game coming off that disaster at EWU. I still say that Faison was far to quick to extend Muss's contract.

No argument here.

• Upvote 1

So I suppose since they are not the real deal we have a chance to beat them? Why don't you go talk about UND in a condescending tone with your pals on bville.

Lately it has been impossible to have a conversation without bizun trolls comments and constant need for approval. We don't even play anymore so just move on already.

So I suppose since they are not the real deal we have a chance to beat them? Why don't you go talk about UND in a condescending tone with your pals on bville.

Lately it has been impossible to have a conversation without bizun trolls comments and constant need for approval. We don't even play anymore so just move on already.

While I understand and share your irritation, I think this is true.

Not sure that NAU is the real deal. Wouldn't surprise me that you guys take them down. But if NAU does win they're in the playoffs - the rest of their schedule is fairly easy except for Poly.

So 4-1, ranked 18th in the country is not a good team? We all know you think that no one is going to beat the Bison for the next 10 years, and that no team will ever be as good as them, but give NAU a little credit. Wait...unless the team is wearing green and yellow and goes byt the name Bison, you don't give them credit!!

Not sure that NAU is the real deal. Wouldn't surprise me that you guys take them down. But if NAU does win they're in the playoffs - the rest of their schedule is fairly easy except for Poly.

What a bunch of moron's - When's the last time anyone has mentioned NAU and good FB team in the same sentence. Some of you need to grow up and stop looking for things that aren't there.

What a bunch of moron's - When's the last time anyone has mentioned NAU and good FB team in the same sentence. Some of you need to grow up and stop looking for things that aren't there.

Just because a team hasn't been good for a while doesn't mean that they can't be good in an individual year. Talk about conceited morons. Try growing up and not being an internet troll.
  • Upvote 2

What's really strange is they can't get it through their heads that we don't care what they think because every other post from them is bizonation crap.
  • Upvote 1

amazed at how easily trolled some of you are by even the most innocuous post by NDSU people. Good lord this place is on edge all the time.

What's really strange is they can't get it through their heads that we don't care what they think because every other post from them is bizonation crap.

he posted nothing about the bison or mvfc or anything, but I'm glad UND people are so eager to turn every thread into an NDSU thread as soon as any NDSU person shows, regardless of what the are saying.

Well, just looking at the posts on this page alone I have gathered that there are about as many ndsu posts. Obsessed? Threatened? secret crush?

It is certainly one of the above because last I checked it has been 9 years since we played and ndsu trolls are on a UND board on a regular basis.

What does that really say?