SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 2: Potato Bowl 2012 - UND vs. Portland State

UND-FB-FAN

After watching Wisco fans do the "Jump Around" thing at Camp Randall and tonight seeing the Va Tech fans rock out to Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes, it might be cool to see something like that in the Alerus late in the third or early fourth quarters. Would give the fans something fun to stick around for.

After watching Wisco fans do the "Jump Around" thing at Camp Randall and tonight seeing the Va Tech fans rock out to Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes, it might be cool to see something like that in the Alerus late in the third or early fourth quarters. Would give the fans something fun to stick around for.

What an awesome finish this is to the VT vs GT game.

• Upvote 2

Ticket sales seem to be going ok for the game. Ticket master shows open seats in the corners sections and 2 of the sections on about the 10 have availability. Other than that it is fairly spotty throughout. Another strong student turnout would be outstanding and hopefully being Potato Bowl will give ticket sales another boost this week for what is going to be a fun game to watch.

Does anyone think playing PSU instead of Central Arkansas will be a blessing in the end. Remember UCA backout of the game with UND in favor of Murray State. I think playing PSU gives UND an edge on future games than playing UCA simply because PSU is in our conference and next year we play at PSU. So its nice to get familiar with your conference. So I think it turned out well in the end.

Saw this on Facebook, great support last week from the students, hope to see them all out this week too:

Hey Nation! It’s another huge week for UND Football!! North Dakota will face Portland State this Saturday at 6pm, at the Alerus Center. The first 1,900 student tickets are free, $5/each after. Last week we went through 2,800 student tickets. Make sure to get your ticket tomorrow at the UND Student Ticket Office! GO UND!

• Upvote 2

Saw this on Facebook, great support last week from the students, hope to see them all out this week too:

Hey Nation! It’s another huge week for UND Football!! North Dakota will face Portland State this Saturday at 6pm, at the Alerus Center. The first 1,900 student tickets are free, $5/each after. Last week we went through 2,800 student tickets. Make sure to get your ticket tomorrow at the UND Student Ticket Office! GO UND!

Lets make this place LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to be driving back to Fargo after the game with a very sore throat.

Found this from the PSU messageboard: http://www.bigskyfans.com/vikings/

The Alerus stadium (indoor arena) is unlike anything the Viks have experienced for some time. Very, very loud with the student section slamming, screaming, and stomping. McDonagh will have to keep his cool, the OL alert to signal calling, and yes, he has to connect with his receivers. Getting off to a fast start would help a lot.

Does anyone think playing PSU instead of Central Arkansas will be a blessing in the end. Remember UCA backout of the game with UND in favor of Murray State. I think playing PSU gives UND an edge on future games than playing UCA simply because PSU is in our conference and next year we play at PSU. So its nice to get familiar with your conference. So I think it turned out well in the end.

I would rather have Central Arkansas. I like the idea of having a ranked "true" out of conference team visiting GF. Plus beating them would help the conference overall come playoff time.

Is the coaching staff going to shuffle the line i.e. Right Tackle to Left Tackle now that UND has a right handed QB? I thought that I had read that they switch positions this fall because the QB was left handed. Not sure how much this disrupts the O-line.

does anyone know what I need to do to watch the game via Big Sky. I signed in

and still didn't get the game. I know I am not the only one that happened to.

Make sure that you have ONE vision plug in and latest Flash installed. If you do not have this, they video player will not appear and the system acts like you need to log in.

Here is a page for the installs and system testing http://b2tv.com/upcoming_events.asp?q=v&value=bigsky

So students pay for tickets in their tuition and out of pocket? That's a joke

YEah but its all about economic 101 bud. Supply and Demand

HOckey games sell out almost every night. Footbal never sells out.

Id rather give students free tix and have them show up and yell like hell then have empty seats and really on the "adult" side to stand up and yell

i thinks its a crock of BS they will have to pay. Hell they already pay for parking and tailgating if they want to take part in a tradition. Email was sent to Faison.

Heck, at this point I am thrilled if 1,900 students attend on a regular basis. But, I am not a fan of making them pay as football should be free for broke college students. Hockey student tickets were expensive enough and I can only imagine they have went up since I last held them in 07.

In my 3 years here as a current student (now my 4th), I have had zero problem with them using my student fees to take the tickets to all but men hockey free. I like that they do that because I can go to whatever event I want to and can have a good time (which I do btw). If they charged for all tickets then there would have been no way for me to do all those events.

Season hockey tickets this year are $140 both nights, $70 Friday night, $70 Saturday Night. They changed up the seating to first come first serve

For Saturday: I expect a very good game with UND coming up on top 31-21. The student section being just as packed as Thursday night and just as loud and the attendance to be around 10,000.