SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

This program needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. No more promoting from within. Get rid of absolutely everybody and let the new head coach build the program however he sees fit. This might convince the younger kids in the program now (the ones that aren't playing much now, but that have lots of potential) that it might be worth sticking around. We are a couple more dismal seasons from being a perennial doormat in the Big Sky Conference (dare I say Morningside). We must blow it up and start over. The cost of not doing this far exceeds the cost of doing it.

I think we have another thread for this topic.. lets stick to recruiting on this thread.

Okay, but they are inevitably connected.

Thanks, I understand your point and we are all frustrated right now. Just thought that we already had a thread for your comments. Guys like Hambone and others work hard on the recruiting information and I would like to keep it to just recruiting.

Thanks, I understand your point and we are all frustrated right now. Just thought that we already had a thread for your comments. Guys like Hambone and others work hard on the recruiting information and I would like to keep it to just recruiting.

Okay, I can do that. No shortage of threads to vent on. I deleted my original post and moved it to the "Fire Muss" thread.

Does anyone in the know have info on the undersized Galindo kid from Bismarck High as to whether he is a prospect for FCS? If he goes D2 he is going to put up ridiculous numbers but not sure it translates to FCS level. I went to the BHS/South game the other night and I know NDSU and UND are both looking at the Junior from South(Johanneson) but came away impressed by Galindo. he is 5-7 170 and was easily the fastest player on the field(in game conditions anyway) and his balance was incredible(state champion wrestler). He had 29 carries for 410 yards and 6 touchdowns. I thought I was watching Weston Dressler again but not sure if he can make transition to receiver like Weston did, but also not sure he couldn't stay at running back?

I trust this staffs ability to recruit based on the last two years. I can wait.

Other than Golladay, nobody in the last couple classes has been phenomenal. Not to mention those players from those classes are frustrated with the coaches and unmotivated due to the current situation. The next class will likely be much worse than that of the last two years if Mussman and his staff remain.

Other than Golladay, nobody in the last couple classes has been phenomenal. Not to mention those players from those classes are frustrated with the coaches and current situation, and the next class will likely be much worse than that of the last two years if Mussman and his staff remain.

Golladay, Edwards, Anderson, Carothers, Iverson, Kuksa, Meindel and Cheatom. All of these guys have made an impact this year. We're talking about true fr so and rfr here. All of these players have shown promise compared to the upper classmen.

If these guys are mentally tough they'll want to be apart of the solution and turn things around. If not, I don't want players that lack mental toughness and conviction like you see with some of the upper classmen.

Golladay, Edwards, Anderson, Carothers, Iverson, Kuksa, Meindel and Cheatom. All of these guys have made an impact this year. We're talking about true fr so and rfr here. All of these players have shown promise compared to the upper classmen.

If these guys are mentally tough they'll want to be apart of the solution and turn things around. If not, I don't want players that lack mental toughness and conviction like you see with some of the upper classmen.

Most of those you mentioned are defensive players, so I can see your point. Our defense has really improved from last year to this year with those young recruits…

• Upvote 1

Most of those you mentioned are defensive players, so I can see your point. Our defense has really improved from last year to this year with those young recruits…

Half is not most. Also they should play Edwards and Chestom way more. I always wonder if Carothers could be an OLB. I'm also curious why we haven't seen Rich or Butler other then on special teams. Both looks physically able to make an impact.

After watching part of the game vs MSU (couldn't stand to watch the entire game), I sure hope we have some solid recruits coming to improve our chances on both sides of the ball. I just looked at the final stats and they are pathetic.

8-21 for 85 yards passing

250 yards total offense

Defense gave up 586 yards and 63 points.

It will be hard to compete with that team to the south if we are getting beat in every aspect of the game by a middle tier team on our home turf..... it is scary to think what NDSU would do to us.

After watching part of the game vs MSU (couldn't stand to watch the entire game), I sure hope we have some solid recruits coming to improve our chances on both sides of the ball. I just looked at the final stats and they are pathetic.

8-21 for 85 yards passing

250 yards total offense

Defense gave up 586 yards and 63 points.

It will be hard to compete with that team to the south if we are getting beat in every aspect of the game by a middle tier team on our home turf..... it is scary to think what NDSU would do to us.

I wouldn't call Montana State "middle tier".

Three more offers:

OT Kory Kodanko, 6'6", 320, DePere (DePere West), WI Has offer from IA St

LB Eji Ejiya, 6'2", 190, Spring Lake Park (Spring Lake Park), MN

RB Mitchell Layton, 6'1", 200, 4.8, Roseville (Woodcreek), CA Has offers from Harvard, Air Force, Army, S. Jose St, UCDavis, Yale & Sac St

Eji Ejiya committed to NDSU

I was just looking at our roster and noticed how few ND,SD and MN kids we had. Then I went and looked at NDSU's roster to see if it was comparable... no such luck.

UND- 35 players from ND,SD,MN

NDSU - 63 players from ND,SD,MN

I could understand there being a 5 or 10 player difference, but 28? It seems as though our coaches might be missing talent in the tri-state area. I completely understand trying to get the best players possible, but shouldn't you be looking in your backyard before running all over the country?

I was just looking at our roster and noticed how few ND,SD and MN kids we had. Then I went and looked at NDSU's roster to see if it was comparable... no such luck.

UND- 35 players from ND,SD,MN

NDSU - 63 players from ND,SD,MN

I could understand there being a 5 or 10 player difference, but 28? It seems as though our coaches might be missing talent in the tri-state area. I completely understand trying to get the best players possible, but shouldn't you be looking in your backyard before running all over the country?

I think you need to look at the quality of players we've had from Illinois the last couple of years that would account for the discrepancy. We've gotten back to our Midwestern roots in the last couple classes and it's no surprise that they've been our best.

I think you need to look at the quality of players we've had from Illinois the last couple of years that would account for the discrepancy. We've gotten back to our Midwestern roots in the last couple classes and it's no surprise that they've been our best.

I think if you look at the records, the ND, SD & MN kids UND is missing (UND's out of region vs NDSU's hi local count) are pretty decent quality players.