SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Staff Change

puck

What a ridiculous statement. The NCAA is against Native Americans? The NCAA is against schools using them as a mascots thats all.

You know what's racist? A bunch of white people in North Dakota taking the most discriminated group of people in our nations history and turning them into your schools mascot.

I believe the battle for the nickname is being driven by the Spirit Lake Tribe. Please contact frankbc@spiritlakenation.com and thank you for your interest in UND sports.

70% of those that bothered to vote in the White Guys game.

You people keep bringing this up. If only 10% of the tribe voted, that must mean 90% of the tribe doesn't care enough about the name either way to vote. Saying the vote is invalid because only 70% of the 10% who voted were in favor is a fool's argument.

"TM says:

May 11, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Eades just couldn’t accept the possibility of coaching without the nickname. You can’t take the Sioux out of Sioux Falls."

If the NCAA had the power to, they would probably try.

You would think they would want to start with the place they are headquartered: Indianapolis, Indiana. They would find some reason to exclude Indianapolis, though. Probably say it's named after the country and not American Indians.

Then, they would have to change almost all of the state names and thousands of cities, rivers, mountains etc., and eventually, they would probably get to Sioux Falls.

If the NCAA had the power to, they would probably try.

You would think they would want to start with the place they are headquartered: Indianapolis, Indiana. They would find some reason to exclude Indianapolis, though. Probably say it's named after the country and not American Indians.

Then, they would have to change almost all of the state names and thousands of cities, rivers, mountains etc., and eventually, they would probably get to Sioux Falls.

Maybe they should move their operation to Panama City.

Then people could send them correspondence to:

NCAA

1 Hypocrisy Lane

PC

Earth

Yeah that sounds right.

I like Hakstol but, in truth, I think Eades may be the better coach. The guy has won wherever he's been. In a couple of years when Mike Hastings leaves back for UNO, MSU-Mankato will be wide open again. Would love to see Eaves in the Kato, though I'd still cheer for the Sioux.

Do you think Hakstol is in for the yorkterm or is there another goal for him to achieve......NHL ? I don't see it.

But if he did move on say in four to six years the list of viable next head coaches, I would think would include Mr. Eades........among many others. It would be foolish to even speculate......

That being said..

Eades

Sandelin

Berry

Litke

Marks

.....?????

I think Cary will do an outstanding job in Sioux Falls and before you know it be a head coach in the college game. The really lucky ones are the players who will gain tutelage about what major universities are looking for in refining and making their game college ready. I really only follow Fargo when it comes to the USHL, but I'll be checking in on the Stampede now as their season progresses.

Do you think Hakstol is in for the yorkterm or is there another goal for him to achieve......NHL ? I don't see it.

But if he did move on say in four to six years the list of viable next head coaches, I would think would include Mr. Eades........among many others. It would be foolish to even speculate......

That being said..

Eades

Sandelin

Berry

Litke

Marks

..... ?????

Litke and Marks would not be in the running for this.

That being said..

Eades

Sandelin

Berry

Litke

Marks

..... ?????

Good post....brings up an interesting debate....

~Eades would definitely have his hat in the ring...

~Sandelin's wife hates North Dakota, so I think he's staying in Duluth...

~Berry would be an excellent guy to run the program

~Litke....hmm....former captain turned head coach....where have we seen that before.

~Marks...former assistant turned head coach...where have we seen that before.

I think you could include either of the Johnson brothers, Jason Herter, Dane Jackson....talk about an interview process.....

I like Hakstol but, in truth, I think Eades may be the better coach. The guy has won wherever he's been. In a couple of years when Mike Hastings leaves back for UNO, MSU-Mankato will be wide open again. Would love to see Eaves in the Kato, though I'd still cheer for the Sioux.

I wouldn't count on that. It may be a different former ex-Sioux taking over in UNO after Blais instead of Hastings.