SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Season

sioux24/7

I just noticed that both the Fargo and Brookings games will be on Midco Sports Net. Hawaii will have a free webcast here.

I knew the SDSU game would be on Midco (both USD and SDSU have Midco TV deals as well), but not about the NDSU game. How'd you find that out?

Good, now I can check out the SDSU/UND game on TV. As for NDSU, I'll be there in person. (I have been going to Fargo too many times (1 for VB, 1 for WBB, and then for this)).

For those bball junkies out there, future opponent Hawaii will be on the tip off marathon tonight at 3AM against former Great West opponent Houston Baptist. Its on ESPN

http://sports.yahoo....416--ncaab.html

Must be nice to be a big powerful school like UCLA .....

OK, I'm officially starting the "Free Jaron" campaign. Think it will work like it did in UCLA? I didn't think so.

Well they got Flea, the bassist from Red Hot Chili Peppers, to wear a "Free Shabazz" t-shirt

Maybe if we got Phil Jackson to wear a "Free Jaron" t-shirt, that might turns some heads!

Although the situations are different, the system that they have going in the Shabazz case is horribly broken and needs to be fixed.

#FreeJaron!

• Upvote 1

Well they got Flea, the bassist from Red Hot Chili Peppers, to wear a "Free Shabazz" t-shirt

Maybe if we got Phil Jackson to wear a "Free Jaron" t-shirt, that might turns some heads!

Although the situations are different, the system that they have going in the Shabazz case is horribly broken and needs to be fixed.

#FreeJaron!

Totally agree! Whose case has more merit in your opinion? Or were they both equally being screwed?

It stinks that the NCAA is not allowing Jaron Nash to play. I did a quick look for other Texas Tech transfers. It appears as though they have had quite a few players from last years team transfer to other schools. Some of them transferred down to a lower level, however, at least 4 transferred to other NCAA Division I schools, including Cameron Forte who went to Northern Arizona. I looked at the rosters and box scores from each of the schools (Rhode Island, Nebraska, Ohio, and NAU) and none of the transfers have played in a game at their new schools. Only Ohio lists their transfer on their roster (Javarez Willis). So it appears as though the NCAA may be denying all of the players who transferred to DI schools a chance to play this year. So even though it stinks and the NCAA is run by clowns, it appears as though they are being consistent with Texas Tech transfers.

It stinks that the NCAA is not allowing Jaron Nash to play. I did a quick look for other Texas Tech transfers. It appears as though they have had quite a few players from last years team transfer to other schools. Some of them transferred down to a lower level, however, at least 4 transferred to other NCAA Division I schools, including Cameron Forte who went to Northern Arizona. I looked at the rosters and box scores from each of the schools (Rhode Island, Nebraska, Ohio, and NAU) and none of the transfers have played in a game at their new schools. Only Ohio lists their transfer on their roster (Javarez Willis). So it appears as though the NCAA may be denying all of the players who transferred to DI schools a chance to play this year. So even though it stinks and the NCAA is run by clowns, it appears as though they are being consistent with Texas Tech transfers.

Forte is at a JUCO college now.

There is 1 big difference between those 4 and Nash. Nash has a different situation in which is father is ill, which is why he transferred in the first place, usually the NCAA is very lenient in letting the players play right away. These 4 did not have those circumstances (at least as far as I know when I looked through articles of all the transfers and Nash). That is why a stink is being raised, it has nothing to do with how Billy G acted down in Lubbock.

Forte is at a JUCO college now.

There is 1 big difference between those 4 and Nash. Nash has a different situation in which is father is ill, which is why he transferred in the first place, usually the NCAA is very lenient in letting the players play right away. These 4 did not have those circumstances (at least as far as I know when I looked through articles of all the transfers and Nash). That is why a stink is being raised, it has nothing to do with how Billy G acted down in Lubbock.

Do you or anyone know if there is a "radius clause" in regards to transferring closer to home due to illness in the family? I thought someone had alluded to that earlier. Maybe that has something to do with it. Either way, I know it stinks and I'm not sure why the NCAA is being so boneheaded in this situation. It's really unfortunate.

Do you or anyone know if there is a "radius clause" in regards to transferring closer to home due to illness in the family? I thought someone had alluded to that earlier. Maybe that has something to do with it. Either way, I know it stinks and I'm not sure why the NCAA is being so boneheaded in this situation. It's really unfortunate.

Per Tom Miller of the Herald in regard to the Nash situation: "The NCAA is really trying to stick to 100 mile rule for family illness waiver."

My opinion is that that is all fine and good unless you're a gifted athlete with Division I abilities and you just happen to hail from western North Dakota or eastern Montana or the likes. What would you need then -- a waiver to the waiver?

Dumb.

Per Tom Miller of the Herald in regard to the Nash situation: "The NCAA is really trying to stick to 100 mile rule for family illness waiver."

My opinion is that that is all fine and good unless you're a gifted athlete with Division I abilities and you just happen to hail from western North Dakota or eastern Montana or the likes. What would you need then -- a waiver to the waiver?

Dumb.

Here's the other problem that I've heard. Other schools nearer home didn't have a scholarship open or didn't have his degree.

Must be within 100 miles according to the new NCAA rules which are being put into effect beginning this year. Last year I believe Nash would not have a problem but this new rule was put into effect this year. I would have liked to see him play this year and next with this junior class but we still will have him for 2 years regardless.

Must be within 100 miles according to the new NCAA rules which are being put into effect beginning this year. Last year I believe Nash would not have a problem but this new rule was put into effect this year. I would have liked to see him play this year and next with this junior class but we still will have him for 2 years regardless.

I think Nash red-shirted in juco, so if he has to sit out this year I think he would only have one year of eligibility remaining after this year.

I think Nash red-shirted in juco, so if he has to sit out this year I think he would only have one year of eligibility remaining after this year.

you appear to be right on the redshirt during his JUCO years

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=58566&SPID=6388&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205719093&Q_SEASON=2012

http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/nash_jaron00.html