SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Season

sioux24/7

I saw Anderson on Thursday at the Women's game, to my trained eyes I didn't see him wearing a boot in any kind, so that is good news on that part.

Didn't know about the Fulton injury, what's his deal?

Cherry's foot injury is somewhat tricky from what I hear is such that you want to make sure that every goes right in the healing process before sending him out there. Sounds like a late Nov/early Dec timeframe for his return. Another thing to state is that Montana 7' JUCO was not able to come play for them (he is now at Utah) so they are now a little weak in the interior.

It would be a pretty dirty move by the NCAA to have it affect players that had already transferred and put in their requests. "Here's a rule change that we're making and we're applying it retroactively to screw all of you over that had already decided to transfer... you know, before the school year started."

Then again, the NCAA doesn't often show much common sense and doesn't always keep the best interest of student-athletes in mind.

You would think that cases that are out already shouldn't be involved in this new ruling because they should be grandfathered in, they were put in with the old rules and need to be applied as such.

NCAA needs to get back to us soon, I want a decision either way sometime this week so the team can plan accordingly. I don't want this to drag out through the basketball season and then decide to rule.

Worst case is he has to sit out, get more familiar with the system, still have two year because we will redshirt him, and could be a main cog his senior year with Lenny, Shane, and Quinton (when he comes), and have a halfway decent team after our fab 5 leave.

Besides, there are so many ways to get around this rule its not even funny, and who decided on 100 miles anyways. This ruling will cause more problems than answer in the long run IMO.

I can't believe a decision hasn't been made on Nash yet. This isn't the NCAA's first go around with this, and with all the thing Texas Tech's basketball just went through with their coach, it should only add to granting him immediate elgibility.

I certainly hope we hear good news about Nash - especially due to the fact that: 1) he is already in school, 2) these types of transfers have routinely been approved in the recent past and 3) the situation at Texas Tech is/was a mess. That said, I think this is probably a good rule (going forward). I think 100 miles is too confining but, in this case, Nash being 550 miles from his father isn't very close. It is sure closer than 1,000 miles but it isn't like he could be in Waterloo in an hour or two if case of an emergency!

I can't believe a decision hasn't been made on Nash yet. This isn't the NCAA's first go around with this, and with all the thing Texas Tech's basketball just went through with their coach, it should only add to granting him immediate elgibility.

Don't we have a game Friday against K-State??!! Geez, I would hope the NCAA would at least decide something by then, good or bad!!! You would think that the new rule would not apply to cases where the student already transferred and is practicing with the team. But wait..that would mean that the NCAA would have to make a reasonable and fair decision!!

So if you are a player from western ND and need to get closer to home but are a legit DI player you aren't allowed to transfer to UND or NDSU (or Montana schools)?

Just pointing out that this rule already has its flaws and will need exceptions.

• Upvote 1

So if you are a player from western ND and need to get closer to home but are a legit DI player you aren't allowed to transfer to UND or NDSU (or Montana schools)?

Just pointing out that this rule already has its flaws and will need exceptions.

This, if Austin Dufault would have needed to transfer closer to home for the same reason's Nash did and decided to choose UND he would have been 400 miles from home or 330ish if he would have choose FU.

I called into the coach's show tonight to ask about the status of Jaron Nash. They are still waiting, but he has not been ruled out yet for the opener on Friday. They expect to hear something tomorrow or Friday............

Nash is not travelling with the team to Kansas. Team left this morning.