SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Season

sioux24/7

Although I don't have anything definitive, I am sure that Nash will play. The NCAA is quite liberal in granting these type of exceptions. If there are no grade or transcript problems, I think we can assume he will play.

Regarding Hobaugh, he was transferring for aeronautics. I would guess he was accepted and will sit out this upcoming year as a transfer.

Still no word on Nash and Hobaugh?

Dont know anything about the status of Nash, but from what i understand Nash is the only new player that has been on campus participating in the workouts and open gyms. Hobaugh and the JC transfer have not been on campus yet.

Any lead on Nash's talent thus far?

I've tried looking up videos of him on youtube but the only thing that comes up about him is the walk for his dad at Texas Tech a dunk and him just shooting a couple threes. Kind of disappointed I can't find anything where it shows him against some competition. I'm guessing he is pretty talented since he was on Texas Tech and he was a 2 star recruit out of high school by Scout.

Also I believe Alonzo Traylor was rated the 6th best JUCO player this year by JucoJunction. I don't know for sure but on his Yahoo profile under his latest news it says No. 6 Decides:

The season is has been over for 6 weeks now and the No. 6 player in the 2012

JucoJunction

Top 150 is finally off the board. Read more about this player and where he will head next fall right here in this article on your source for junior college basketball recruiting news

JucoJunction

• 2 weeks later...

Is UND's schedule all done or are they adding teams to it?

Coach Jones still has an active request out on Basketball Travelers for a game on either Dec 28 or 29.

That would seem to jive with the schedule that NODAK13 posted.

One game left to get I guess..................

• 2 weeks later...

Checking out Dustin Hobaugh's Twitter.... it appears he's currently enroute to Grand Forks. Don't know whether he'll be playing this year or not but it appears he'll be enrolled in the aviation program.

Dustin Hobaugh

@dustinhobaugh

Native of Texas playing bball and studying commercial aviation at Univ of North Dakota! #Secede

How good is Hobaugh supposed to be? I imagine he can't play this year.

I am sure that he will be sitting out a year due to his transfer.

How good is he? Who knows at this point - he was not redshirted last year and played as a true freshman on a very average team. He played about 15 minutes a game and averaged 4 points. With another year of practice and adding some pounds, he may contribute in the future.

I am sure he is walking on, hoping to earn some scholarship $ next year.

Looks like we're going to Kansas again this year, only this time it's not Lawarence.

The K-State 2012-2013 schedule has UND's men in Manhattan on Nov. 9 to take on the Wildcats at Bramlage Coliseum. K-State got beat by Syracuse in the East Regional of the NCAA Tournament last years 75-59.

Looks like we're going to Kansas again this year, only this time it's not Lawarence.

The K-State 2012-2013 schedule has UND's men in Manhattan on Nov. 9 to take on the Wildcats at Bramlage Coliseum. K-State got beat by Syracuse in the East Regional of the NCAA Tournament last years 75-59.

Yes, indeed - looking forward to this one! I live down in Kansas City, can't wait to make the trip to the "Little Apple" to cheer on UND. There was a nice group of fans at the KU game last year, hoping to see a nice turnout again this year.

I believe you can now add Bowling Green State to our schedule on Dec. 28 or 29th. This should complete the schedule. I believe Bowling Green is a MAC school from Ohio. Should be a good game from the MAC.

Will this be a home or away game?

Any word on how things are going at workouts? Really looking forward to watching this group of guys play. Any predictions on who's going to fill that last starting position after Webb, Anderson, Huff and Brekke? I would have to say Allard, just because he's "been around" and knows the system

I would say Traylor will get the final starting nod. Allard is a good backup/role player but has shown very little in his 3 years he's been playing that he could be an every game starter. I like the size of Traylor and what he can add for us underneath. Someone has to pick up the three point threat for us with Traylor starting cause from his JC stats he does not shoot the 3. I agree this group of guys could be very interesting to watch. Hopefully the experience we bring will start to show. With 5 of our top 6 scoreres returning and all 5 of them being juniors that have played the most minutes since they stepped on campus and the additions of the big guys it should be fun.

Official schedule is now posted.

Date Opponent Location Time (CT) Results Media Fri, Nov 09 Kansas State at Manhattan, Kan. TBA Mon, Nov 12 Crown College Grand Forks, N.D. 7:00 p.m. Sat, Nov 17 Northern Iowa at Cedar Rapids, Iowa 1:00 p.m. Wed, Nov 28 South Dakota State at Brookings, S.D. TBA Wed, Dec 05 UMKC Grand Forks, N.D. 7:00 p.m. Sun, Dec 09 North Dakota State at Fargo, N.D. 4:00 p.m. Thu, Dec 13 Presentation College Grand Forks, N.D. 7:00 p.m. Mon, Dec 17 Southern Utah * at Cedar City, Utah 8:30 p.m. Fri, Dec 21 Northern Colorado * Grand Forks, N.D. 7:00 p.m. Fri, Dec 28 Bowling Green Grand Forks, N.D. 7:00 p.m. Thu, Jan 03 Idaho State * at Pocatello, Idaho 8:00 p.m. Sat, Jan 05 Weber State * at Ogden, Utah 8:00 p.m. Thu, Jan 10 Montana * Grand Forks, N.D. 7:00 p.m. Sat, Jan 12 Montana State * Grand Forks, N.D. 2:00 p.m. Thu, Jan 17 Eastern Washington * Grand Forks, N.D. 7:00 p.m. Sat, Jan 19 Portland State * Grand Forks, N.D. 2:00 p.m. Thu, Jan 24 Sacramento State * at Sacramento, Calif. 9:00 p.m. Sat, Jan 26 Northern Arizona * at Flagstaff, Ariz. TBA Thu, Jan 31 Weber State * Grand Forks, N.D. 7:00 p.m. Sat, Feb 02 Idaho State * Grand Forks, N.D. 2:00 p.m. Thu, Feb 07 Montana State * at Bozeman, Mont. 8:00 p.m. Sat, Feb 09 Montana * at Missoula, Mont. 8:00 p.m. Thu, Feb 14 Sacramento State * Grand Forks, N.D. 7:00 p.m. Sat, Feb 16 Northern Arizona * Grand Forks, N.D. 2:00 p.m. Wed, Feb 20 Northern Colorado * at Greeley, Colo. 8:00 p.m. Sat, Feb 23 Bracket Busters at TBA TBA Thu, Feb 28 Portland State * at Portland, Ore. 9:00 p.m. Sat, Mar 02 Eastern Washington * at Cheney, Wash. 7:00 p.m. Sat, Mar 09 Southern Utah * Grand Forks, N.D. 2:00 p.m. * Conference Games << Previous Season

• 2 weeks later...

About Thomas Blake: Not much of a recruiting profile in basketball, but has one in soccer.... looks like a well-rounded athlete with mega school smarts.

http://www.herald-ma...0,7502308.photo

http://www.ncsasport...l/thomas-blake1

http://www.herald-ma...,0,307126.story

Edit:

UND info says Blake is enrolled and majoring in General Studies this semester.