SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Season

sioux24/7

Since Sacramento St. and Northern Arizona are travel partners, and Weber and Idaho St are travel partners, I think we can safely assume that we will be playing at Northern Arizona on 1-26-13, at Idaho St. 1-3-13, and will host Idaho St. 2-2-13.

Nov 14th: Crown College (EXHIBITION)

Dec 5th: UMKC

Jan 3rd: @ Idaho St.

Jan 5th: @ Weber State*

Jan 17th: Eastern Washington*

Jan 24th: @ Sacramento State*

Jan 26th: @ Northern Arizona

Jan 31st: Weber State*

Feb 2nd: Idaho St.

Feb 14th: Sacramento State*

Feb 16th: Northern Arizona*

Feb 23rd: BRACKETBUSTERS (TBD)

Nov 9 @ Kansas State

Nov 14 Crown college

Nov 17 @ Northern Iowa

Nov 20 @ Hawaii

Nov 28 @S. Dakota St.

Dec 5 UMKC

Dec 9 @NDSU

Dec 13 Presentation College

Dec 17 @ S Utah

Dec 21 Northern Colorado

Dec 29 TBD ( non conference)

Jan 3 @Idaho St.

Jan 5 @Weber St.

Jan 10 Montana

Jan 12 Montana St.

Jan 17 E. Washington

Jan 19 Portland St.

Jan 24 @Sacramento St.

Jan 26 @N. Arizona

Jan 31 Weber St.

Feb 2 Idaho St.

Feb 7 @ Montana St.

Feb 9 @ Montana

Feb 14 Sacramento St.

Feb 16 Northern Arizona

Feb 20 @ N. Colorado

Feb 23 @ Bracket Buster Game

Feb 28 @ Portland St.

Mar 2 @ E. Washington

Mar 9 S. Utah

March 13-16 Big Sky Tournement

Nov 9 @ Kansas State

Nov 14 Crown college

Nov 17 @ Northern Iowa

Nov 20 @ Hawaii

Nov 28 @S. Dakota St.

Dec 5 UMKC

Dec 9 @NDSU

Dec 17 @ S Utah

Dec 21 Northern Colorado

Jan 3 @Idaho St.

Jan 5 @Weber St.

Jan 10 Montana

Jan 12 Montana St.

Jan 17 E. Washington

Jan 19 Portland St.

Jan 24 @Sacramento St.

Jan 26 @N. Arizona

Jan 31 Weber St.

Feb 2 Idaho St.

Feb 7 @ Montana St.

Feb 9 @ Montana

Feb 14 Sacramento St.

Feb 16 Northern Arizona

Feb 20 @ N. Colorado

Feb 28 @ Portland St.

Mar 2 @ E. Washington

Mar 9 S. Utah

replace Crown college or Presentation college with a home game vs. USD or UNO and that is a good looking schedule. I'm glad we are finally in a conference that gives us something to be excited about.

Nov 9 @ Kansas State

Nov 14 Crown college

Nov 17 @ Northern Iowa

Nov 20 @ Hawaii

Nov 28 @S. Dakota St.

Dec 5 UMKC

Dec 9 @NDSU

Dec 17 @ S Utah

Dec 21 Northern Colorado

Jan 3 @Idaho St.

Jan 5 @Weber St.

Jan 10 Montana

Jan 12 Montana St.

Jan 17 E. Washington

Jan 19 Portland St.

Jan 24 @Sacramento St.

Jan 26 @N. Arizona

Jan 31 Weber St.

Feb 2 Idaho St.

Feb 7 @ Montana St.

Feb 9 @ Montana

Feb 14 Sacramento St.

Feb 16 Northern Arizona

Feb 20 @ N. Colorado

Feb 28 @ Portland St.

Mar 2 @ E. Washington

Mar 9 S. Utah

Where are you seeing this? I don't see it on any site.

Does anyone know if most (all) of the team stayed in GF this summer to work out/practice together?

Don't know about now.... but I saw Webb, Huff, Antwi and another one (can't remember) hanging out together at Wilkerson Hall in early June. Might have been involved in the youth bb camps at the time.

Last week I saw Huff walking around near Twamley, seen Anderson running around campus staying in shape, and I pretty much see Brekke any time I head out to Valley Golf Course. (Of course he doesn't have to go far to practice given he is from EGF)

The schedule looks really, really good. It kinda sucks that the Northern Colorado game fell during semester break (I really would have liked to see that one). I hope we get a good draw for our Bracketbuster game this year as well. Having the NDSU game land on a Sunday is pretty big that it will be after the DU series so more students can be available to go down to Fargo. Definitely would be a nice time before having to deal with finals ???

Nov 9 @ Kansas State

Nov 14 Crown college

Nov 17 @ Northern Iowa

Nov 20 @ Hawaii

Nov 28 @S. Dakota St.

Dec 5 UMKC

Dec 9 @NDSU

Dec 17 @ S Utah

Dec 21 Northern Colorado

Jan 3 @Idaho St.

Jan 5 @Weber St.

Jan 10 Montana

Jan 12 Montana St.

Jan 17 E. Washington

Jan 19 Portland St.

Jan 24 @Sacramento St.

Jan 26 @N. Arizona

Jan 31 Weber St.

Feb 2 Idaho St.

Feb 7 @ Montana St.

Feb 9 @ Montana

Feb 14 Sacramento St.

Feb 16 Northern Arizona

Feb 20 @ N. Colorado

Feb 28 @ Portland St.

Mar 2 @ E. Washington

Mar 9 S. Utah

That is a brutal stretch in November to start the season. Possibly 1-4 heading into the NDSU game (I believe Crown is an exhibition).

January will be a key month. We play 4 of the top 5 Big Sky teams from a year ago in a span of 14 days. Luckily 3 of them will be at the Sioux Center.

It is also not real friendly during the last week of February having to travel to UNC, EWU, and PSU who finished 5th, 4th, and 3rd in the conference last season. A spot in the conference tournament could hinge on what happens in those 3 games.

Anybody know if the UNI game is part of a future home-and-home?

This schedule is a great example of why I've always felt the Big Sky was the most desirable conference option for North Dakota. You've got 4 games with regional intrigue against Montana and Montana St., 2 games against one of the most recognizable Mid-Majors in the country against Weber St., two games against a familar foe in Northern Colorado, and still have non-conference games with regional appeal against NDSU, SDSU, and UNI. Only South Dakota is missing as far as an attrative regional low/mid-major school. I like it.

Although I'd rather see a road game against an Iowa St., Iowa, Nebraska, Drake, or Minnesota instead of that long trip to Hawaii. Hopefully with the nickname controversy hopefully behind us, we can get on some Big 10 schedules going forward.

Saw Schuler, Huff, Anderson, Antwi, Traylor, and Webb at the Wellness Center tonight. It looked like they had been there for a few hours. Anderson left when I got there, Schuler and Huff were goofing around a little, trying to throw a few down. Saw Traylor shoot around a little and he looks like he has some pretty decent range (Saw him connect on a few 3's) Webb was working out pretty hard with a couple of people. His shot looks extremely good. Antwi also shot around a little while I was there and he was consistenly connecting from mid-range.

I can feel the excitement already!!!! These guys look like they are going to take a major step forward this year

• Upvote 1

Saw Schuler, Huff, Anderson, Antwi, Traylor, and Webb at the Wellness Center tonight. It looked like they had been there for a few hours. Anderson left when I got there, Schuler and Huff were goofing around a little, trying to throw a few down. Saw Traylor shoot around a little and he looks like he has some pretty decent range (Saw him connect on a few 3's) Webb was working out pretty hard with a couple of people. His shot looks extremely good. Antwi also shot around a little while I was there and he was consistenly connecting from mid-range.

I can feel the excitement already!!!! These guys look like they are going to take a major step forward this year

Schuler can dunk? I am kind of surprised he was with that group as last year everybody claimed the team was so separated. Hopefully Nash is eligible to play.

Nice report! Thanks. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but, did they sneak in some free throw practice while they were at it. :p

Does anyone know if most (all) of the team stayed in GF this summer to work out/practice together?

NCAA passed a new law where coaches can work with the players during the summer as long as the players are enrolled in a class. I think all the players are taking a class this summer and practicing in some sort of a way several hours a day.

Schuler can dunk? I am kind of surprised he was with that group as last year everybody claimed the team was so separated. Hopefully Nash is eligible to play.

Seen him dunk many times in warm ups prior to the games. Chemistry is important so I hope the players do bond this year.

".......throw a few down"....I would think they'd at least wait for the weekend.

This came out of nowhere

I was thinking the same thing. Two years in a row! I would assume either Dean Oliver or Gameli Ahelegbe takes over that position but than we would still hire someone new wouldn't we? It would be really nice if we could somehow get Ryan Moody back but the only way that will happen is if he's the head coach more than likely.