SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-13 Season

geaux_sioux

Home ice advantage doesn't always work. See: 2008; one of the greatest Sioux games ever

The WI fans sure went quiet when the Sioux tied it up at 2-2. When I opened my suitcase when we got home from that trip, all I could smell was State Street Brats in my clothes.

• Upvote 1

The WI fans sure went quiet when the Sioux tied it up at 2-2. When I opened my suitcase when we got home from that trip, all I could smell was State Street Brats in my clothes.

Not to get too far off-topic...

We should have been losing 4 or 5 to nothing going into the 3rd. The Kohl Center was rockin' and there was very little to cheer about. Like you said, that 2nd goal did the Badger crowd in big time. Then, that OT winner by Kozek was just euphoria and to look over at the Badger fans that were razzing us the whole game was priceless. We should have never won that game...then to do it in their barn with a Frozen Four trip on the line...after those first two periods...amazing.

I was watching Chyzyk and Caggliua on youtube last night and from what I saw we could easily have 3 scoring lines and 2 checking lines, but then again they wern't playing against college players.

what lineup looks better?

O'donnel Knight Kristo

Macmillian Grimaldi Parks

Sanderson Rowney Rodwell

Gaardier Pattyn St. Clair

O'donnell Knight Kristo

Chyzyk Rowney Caggliua

Gaardier Pattyn Rodwell

I think chyzyk was playing center but we have enough centers already and look how well Rowney played with Macmillian and parks last season so I put him with 2 freshman again. I sat St. Clair because we haven't seen him play yet

As far as I am concerned, the future is now. The question is do we have enough coming in to get it done this year. Losing our studs last year and this year hurts compared to other teams (gophs, Michigan) who didn't. I'm not sure this class is among our best. We need to reload fast and hard and get number 8.

I was watching Chyzyk and Caggliua on youtube last night and from what I saw we could easily have 3 scoring lines and 2 checking lines, but then again they wern't playing against college players.

what lineup looks better?

O'donnel Knight Kristo

Sanderson Rowney Rodwell

Gaardier Pattyn St. Clair

O'donnell Knight Kristo

Chyzyk Rowney Caggliua

Gaardier Pattyn Rodwell

I think chyzyk was playing center but we have enough centers already and look how well Rowney played with Macmillian and parks last season so I put him with 2 freshman again. I sat St. Clair because we haven't seen him play yet

I really would like to see Grimaldi on that top line with Knight and Kristo, I wouldn't mess with that second line at all after how well they gelled together last year..

Schlossman is reporting that Andrew MacWilliam played the last two months of the season with a separated shoulder and will undergo surgery.

http://undhockey.are...=91212#comments

He previously reported that Knight played the last three months of the season with a broken hand.

It's unbelievable what these guys are able to play through.

Makes the playoff run they had even more amazing.

Schlossman is reporting that Andrew MacWilliam played the last two months of the season with a separated shoulder and will undergo surgery.

He previously reported that Knight played the last three months of the season with a broken hand.

There is a reason why hockey players are one of the toughest athletes out there.

Yeah, I read that earlier today. I had a shoulder injury in high school my senior year, I attempted to play through it but just couldn't. I can't believe some guys can simply will themselves through it, especially in hockey where your shoulders are so important. Tough guy.

Does anyone know how long this will sideline him for? Is this a 2-month or 4-month recovery?

At this point it's 4 months til we start the season (approximately), so hopefully he won't be out at the start of the season.

This is where the amount of playing time Panzarella got this year is invaluable. Even without MacWilliam, we have 5 defenseman (not counting Senkbeil) with at least one full year of playing time under their belts.

Kristo, Mark MacMillan and Aaron Dell are at the Montreal Canadienes Development Camp (June 13-16). A Habs blogger posted his initial impression of each player after the first day of camp.

Kristo:

"#Habs Dev Camp: Danny Kristo - good skater, clearly skilled. But looked very small among peers. Didn't help he was in group with the d-men."

Dell:

"#Habs Dev Camp: Aaron Dell - for me, best of goalies today, though hard to judge from few drills. A bit slow, but doesn't quit on puck.'

Mark MacMillan:

"#Habs Dev Camp - Mark MacMillan: One of my pet prospects. Like upside. Wasn't awkwardly thin. Only reaseon to be happy Kristo returns to UND"

Former Sioux Mike Cichy is also at the camp. This is what the blogger had to say about him:

#Habs Dev Camp - Mike Cichy: Not sure how he spent his year away from the rink without playing, but it wasn't at the gym. Very small+thin.

The blogger added, "Today was a short day and just basic drills. More detailed analysis as of tomorrow."

So, in theory- if you believe in bubs, our dcorps and our special teams will be better this year than in the past couple. I like the thought of that.

I think that Knight and Kristo should have 40-50 point seasons

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rocco push 40 points either

Parks and MacMillan could be 30 point men

O'Donnel and Rowney- 20 goal potential each

I am optimistic

Kristo, Mark MacMillan and Aaron Dell are at the Montreal Canadienes Development Camp (June 13-16). A Habs blogger posted his initial impression of each player after the first day of camp.

Kristo:

"#Habs Dev Camp: Danny Kristo - good skater, clearly skilled. But looked very small among peers. Didn't help he was in group with the d-men."

Dell:

"#Habs Dev Camp: Aaron Dell - for me, best of goalies today, though hard to judge from few drills. A bit slow, but doesn't quit on puck.'

Mark MacMillan:

"#Habs Dev Camp - Mark MacMillan: One of my pet prospects. Like upside. Wasn't awkwardly thin. Only reaseon to be happy Kristo returns to UND"

Former Sioux Mike Cichy is also at the camp. This is what the blogger had to say about him:

#Habs Dev Camp - Mike Cichy: Not sure how he spent his year away from the rink without playing, but it wasn't at the gym. Very small+thin.

The blogger added, "Today was a short day and just basic drills. More detailed analysis as of tomorrow."

Pretty good analysis from the diehards of les habitants.....

~Right on with Kristo's size.

~Dell does seem to be a bit lackadaisical at times, but makes the saves he needs to.

~Cichy does need to put on a little bit of weight if he's going to make it in the professional ranks.

So, in theory- if you believe in bubs, our dcorps and our special teams will be better this year than in the past couple. I like the thought of that.

I think that Knight and Kristo should have 40-50 point seasons

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rocco push 40 points either

Parks and MacMillan could be 30 point men

O'Donnel and Rowney- 20 goal potential each

I am optimistic

Agree with most everything you said, but I think Kristo and Knight will both have 50+ seasons, Grimaldi could lead this team in scoring as well. We could see a Nelson/Knight type jump from Parks' and MacMillan in their sophomore seasons as well. I really don't see O'Donnell coming anywhere close to 20 goals, I think he will get around 10 and be around 20-30 points.

Agree with most everything you said, but I think Kristo and Knight will both have 50+ seasons, Grimaldi could lead this team in scoring as well. We could see a Nelson/Knight type jump from Parks' and MacMillan in their sophomore seasons as well. I really don't see O'Donnell coming anywhere close to 20 goals, I think he will get around 10 and be around 20-30 points.

Only 10 goals for O'Donnell? He had 5 goals last year in hardly any games, are you serious? Remember, other than Rocco last year, he was our best incoming freshman recruit. He was labeled to play heavy minutes right away. Had more expectations and was given more responsibilities right off the start of the season.

His injuries limited his year and obviously Macmillian and Parks made great strides and took advantage of their opportunities during the year.

I think some people underestimate the type of improvement that will be seen from the blue line this year. Positional play in the defensive zone will be much better, they will do a much better job at clogging the shooting lanes, and the transitional game will be much improved.

Two players will stick out this fall IMO:

1) Derek Forbort

- when he is on he is a dominant two-way defender. You won't see him lead the league in points at all but I fully expect him to be in the running for defensive player of the year in the WCHA. I expect him to finally become the consistent force we thought he was going to be two years ago.

2) Dillon Simpson

- Every time I see this kid play I keep thinking back to Taylor Chorney when he was playing here and that is the type of player I think he will be this year. I am probably more excited about seeing him grow this year than any other player on the team as I think it will be eye opening.

I honestly expect the same type of impact Minnesota saw last year with the assistant coach coming back to what will happen when Berry comes back this year. Can't it be October already!!!

Only 10 goals for O'Donnell? He had 5 goals last year in hardly any games, are you serious? Remember, other than Rocco last year, he was our best incoming freshman recruit. He was labeled to play heavy minutes right away. Had more expectations and was given more responsibilities right off the start of the season.

His injuries limited his year and obviously Macmillian and Parks made great strides and took advantage of their opportunities during the year.

Yes only 10 goals for O'Donnell, I never saw anything out of his game that said to me he would be a good goal-scorer. I think his goal-heavy distribution of points will not be normal for him, he has never scored more goals than he had assists. If you compare his stats in Junior to Mark MacMillan, Mark is the better goal scorer. Not saying it won't happen but I really don't see O'Donnell being a big goal-scorer.

I don't know why you say O'Donnell was a bigger recruit than MacMillan. MacMillan has always been more highly touted. Before this past season, when Hakstol was asked which freshman he expected to have the biggest impact besides Grimaldi, each and every time he said MacMillan.

• Upvote 1