SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers

jodcon

Maybe unlike some of you, i have high expectations of our hockey team. i exxpect them to be a contender every year. thats why Hak is the highest paid state employee in North dakot. thats why they have unlimited budget for anything hockey. thats why we have 105 million dollar arena.

waaaaa waaaa waaaa whine all you want about the hak haters club but im not a hak hater. i just want ncaa rings. and if he cant do it bring in the next guy to do it please

• Upvote 1

Maybe unlike some of you, i have high expectations of our hockey team. i exxpect them to be a contender every year.

Please tell me what years the Sioux haven't been a contender since Hakstol took over.

Maybe we need to bring Blais back, right? I'm sure he'd get it done since he's had so much success in Omaha.

• Upvote 1

I'm happy that I have the opportunity to be upset by the loss tonight. This team left EVERYTHING on the ice EVERY night, tonight was no exception.

If the Knight/Kristo/Nelson line returns as well as Forbort and McWilliam, watch out cause we are going to be a FORCE next year.

• Upvote 2

The fact we even got this far is surprising itself. Minnesota has a good team this year and showed that they could dominate us more often than not. It'll be interesting to see how they do in the frozen four.

This season had its ups and downs but a good season none the less. Thank you Blood, Lamoureux, and Eidsness for 4 years of fighting Sioux hockey.

Now the waiting game to see if any underclassmen leaves begins.

You think the Gophers are good now. Just wait til Don Lucia retires and Mike Gentzel runs the program....

The Greatest thing for Sioux fans is Doug Woog coaching the Gophers all those years....and its' the same for Gophers fans being happy Hakstol is coaching the Sioux now.

Dude, you embarrass our fanbase with your grammar, spelling, and your itchy trigger finger with coaches (Mussman and Hakstol). Please please refrain from posting until you have sobered up, or if your posts aren't related to alcohol, get hooked on phonics, google some spelling lessons, I'm just not sure. I am just sick of your dimwitted posts. Yes, this loss hurts, but this team had a hell of a year. It is clear you don't like Hak, perhaps you know him personally, maybe you are a janitor and clean his office and are upset that he makes what he does, but man, it gets old. Give this team and this coaching staff some credit.

He has a point though.

• Upvote 1

"blah blah blah blah"

We get it Hakstol haters, you want him gone. You guys/gals say the same !@#$ every year and/or when the Sioux are in a rut yet are always silent when they are playing good. I can't wait till Hakstol wins his first title just remember the repetitive crap that is spewed when our season is cut short.

• Upvote 3

Isn't he right when he says ever coach that wins a championship is better than him?

Ever year ever team the most important thing by far is the National Championship....No one will remember how many Frozen Fours Hakstol had thirty years from now. OR How many times he choked all those frozen fours away.

• Upvote 3

The gophers were definitely a better team tonight. They deserve to be in Tampa. Great season for our boys. With the amount of injuries we indured this year, and the way we started the season, they should be proud of the season they had. We have great things to look forward to next season. Dell will be in net, top line coming back, and Grimaldi and hopefully St. Claire will be returning. Tough loss today, but this team has nothing to be hanging their heads about. Made a great second half run. And hey, we took home a little hardware this season. Great season boys. Looking forward to next year for another great season.

• Upvote 1

The gophers were definitely a better team tonight. They deserve to be in Tampa. Great season for our boys. With the amount of injuries we indured this year, and the way we started the season, they should be proud of the season they had. We have great things to look forward to next season. Dell will be in net, top line coming back, and Grimaldi and hopefully St. Claire will be returning. Tough loss today, but this team has nothing to be hanging their heads about. Made a great second half run. And hey, we took home a little hardware this season. Great season boys. Looking forward to next year for another great season.

what about Dipuma(spelling)?

Isn't he right when he says ever coach that wins a championship is better than him?

Ever year ever team the most important thing by far is the National Championship....No one will remember how many Frozen Fours Hakstol had thirty years from now. OR How many times he choked all those frozen fours away.

Man, I'm trying to see both sides here, but I just can't see how the coaching staff is the reason we lost this game today. Let's play devils advocate. Who do you bring in to win a game like this? NHL coach Andy Murray got beat yesterday, who does better than Hak???

• Upvote 1

Man, I'm trying to see both sides here, but I just can't see how the coaching staff is the reason we lost this game today. Let's play devils advocate. Who do you bring in to win a game like this? NHL coach Andy Murray got beat yesterday, who does better than Hak???

He was also rolling four full lines, but that apperantly does not account for anything. ;)

You people are retarded. Seriously. I won't even argue. Anyways, thanks for a great year Fighting Sioux! I cannot wait for next year. Get healthy! Freshman, take the year and work off of it, you did great. Please nobody take the next step, stay and play another year. We accomplished a lot for what you had to work around/with. Anyone who is dissing here probably jersey pops and we don't like them type of people anyways. Seriously people, don't shake your jersey! Till next year, GO SIOUX!

Scott Sandelin. Don Lucia.

Bottom line, you just need to find it within your team to a keep a closer, low scoring game to have a chance to win. Seriously, how the hell are you going to win a game against the Gophers, let alone anyone in a National Tournament game? This is my biggest problem. Why do the Sioux give up some many goals when it matters and play below their potential on the defensive end?

Hats off to the Gophers, they were the better team But a few of those goals we garbage and so deflating. Like I stated, you can't expect to win a game at tournament time when you get scored on 4-5 times...Not Dell fault one bit.

Are we gunna put a banner up in the REA Most wins by a team with 17 players? No!

Are we gunna put a trophy in the case for good? NO (broadmoor is only kept for a year)

Are we gunna put a banner up for particiaitong and turn in to scsu? NO

im just saying im tired of not adding titles when other teams with less budgets, lower paid coaches, less draft picks are winning them.