SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Gophers

jodcon

The good thing about this years team is that the reffs cant give Hextal a penalty for violating his 4 foot restraining order like they loved to. If we stay out of the box we can win, if we give those piss heads too many powerplays we're probably screwed.

Their PP looked good tonight, we can't get drawn into any retaliation-type penalties, need cool heads tomorrow.

Their PP looked good tonight, we can't get drawn into any retaliation-type penalties, need cool heads tomorrow.

Playing short handed the way we have recently, I've noticed a lot more self control than normal, knowing the team can't afford to go down yet another man.

It was weird watching the UND-Western game and then the Minnesota-BU game in regards to the officiating. I feel that in the first game the officials let little things go and let the teams play, and in the second game absolutely anything and everything was called, and it was a special teams game.

If the game falls into the "over officiated" category the gophers are going to Tampa. If the teams play 5-5 a majority of the time UND has a great chance to head south in a few weeks.

I though they both UND and WMU played really well today, but they both play the exact same style hockey creating a very neutral game. Tomorrow the playing style will not be as similar with Minnesota being a faster and more high powered offense and UND playin a solid D game. UND will need to take advantage of their scoring opportunities and play solid special teams. No dumb penalties either. UND needs to control the tempo of the game and keep a slower pace (shots, rebounds and garbage goals if we want to win), if the goofs start rolling it could get ugly. Go Sioux!

This is likely the last season we will have the Fighting Sioux name and logo and I think this team is the perfect team to end the era with. They are a great example of the Fighting Sioux heart and spirit. They have exceeded all expectations and, win or lose today, have earned and deserve our everlasting admiration and respect.

• Upvote 3

This is likely the last season we will have the Fighting Sioux name and logo and I think this team is the perfect team to end the era with. They are a great example of the Fighting Sioux heart and spirit. They have exceeded all expectations and, win or lose today, have earned and deserve our everlasting admiration and respect.

What a great season, already over acheived and now a chance to end the "RIVAL" gopher season. What a great year to be a huge fan! GO SIOUX!!!

Good stuff Dave,

Going to be a great game to watch! I really didn't think the Sioux would win last Friday night, and feel the same for today! I hope the results are the same! It is so awesome to be a Fighting Sioux fan, it is amazing how proud a fan like me can feel to wear a teams jersey like our Fighting Sioux jersey! Win or lose, outstanding season boys and thank you!

GO SIOUX!!!!!

I'm greedy.

I expect UND to win. History is on UND's side. UND usually wins playoff games against the Gophers. UND is the higher seed.

Yeah, Minnesota will have more fans there, but remember that we do get the last line change AND Minnesota is playing on a rink size that matches UND's home ice.

But, it should be a great game.