SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Beavers

siouxnami

UND vs. Wisconsin (or BSU) at the Ralph.

Initially had thought Wisco win put them up five, but it looks like it put them up 3 with good chance for 4 BSU points.

Sad situation where UND might be better off losing 1 vs. sweeping depending on Wisconsin TUC status.

So far (check these):

Minnesota vs. AA (conference wins - tie breaker?)

Duluth vs. Mankato

Denver vs Bemidji/Wisconsin

UND vs Bemidji/Wisconsin

Total cluster:

CC / St Cloud / UNO / Tech I think CC has home ice locked .

I believe it is down to Wiso or Bemidji and not sure who I would rather play, Bemidji has the better goaltending and Wisco has the edge in skilled guys.

Don't see WI beating Minny tonight and it's tough to sweep UAA at home. That said WI is the tougher matchup. They have some good skill but their goaltending sucks IMO. If UND palys WI, that series will come down to 5v5 play...less special team the better for UND.

No way I see the Beavers coming to the Ralph and stealing a game much less the series.

The way I look at this, either team that we play is much different than when we played them last. Wisc. looked good last night, they took the leader to the woodshed. Now lets see how they play again tonight. Bemidji will have a tough time sweeping, but it would not suprise me. For everyone wishing for bemidji, remember that they were at the final five last year after a first round upset. This is going to be a fun 3-4 game stretch.

If we lose tonight's game we basically need to win the Final 5 to get into the NCAA tourney. It wouldn't have been the case had we played with a bit of discipline and won one of the Saturday night contests against Duluth or Denver.

If we lose tonight's game we basically need to win the Final 5 to get into the NCAA tourney. It wouldn't have been the case had we played with a bit of discipline and won one of the Saturday night contests against Duluth or Denver.

I would be shocked if those were the only options. There are too many games left across the country that can figure into the rankings over the next 2 1/2 weekends. My guess is that we could still get in losing tonight, winning next weekend and winning 1 or 2 in St. Paul, depending on what happens in other games across the country. Upsets in other league tournaments would have a big effect on that.

The way I look at this, either team that we play is much different than when we played them last. Wisc. looked good last night, they took the leader to the woodshed. Now lets see how they play again tonight. Bemidji will have a tough time sweeping, but it would not suprise me. For everyone wishing for bemidji, remember that they were at the final five last year after a first round upset. This is going to be a fun 3-4 game stretch.

I agree, it's kind of a "be careful what you wish for" scenario. Hopefully the players aren't hoping for one team at the expense of overlooking the other. I just don' want to hear Mike Eaves whining all weekend and all the pushing and shoving that came along with the last time we played Wisconsin.

I would be shocked if those were the only options. There are too many games left across the country that can figure into the rankings over the next 2 1/2 weekends. My guess is that we could still get in losing tonight, winning next weekend and winning 1 or 2 in St. Paul, depending on what happens in other games across the country. Upsets in other league tournaments would have a big effect on that.

Yeah, Merrimack had a bad loss to Massachussetts last night and didn't really drop at all. Sioux could use a Denver or Northern Michigan loss tonight, if not a few more upsets.

So if the Women's hockey team is done for the season (I suppose we find out tomorrow), are there rules in the NCAA that would not allow Mario's sisters from shoring up the depleted Men's roster for the WCHA tourney? I just keep thinking with the contact to the head rule, these women would be drawing Majors and game DQ's every time someone touched them. Hey, we would have 4 lines again!

• Upvote 3

I don't know, that's a good question, both teams are a TUC. Paging Jim Dahl.

Wrong J. Dahl, but with Bemidji at 27th right now there might be a risk of a couple losses knocking them out of TUC status. Wisconsin's got the better RPI as well. I'd rather have two wins against Wisconsin than two wins against Bemidji, but I'd rather see Bemidji come here next weekend...