SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Beavers

siouxnami

After going through withdrawl last weekend because I was out of town and could not watch the games. I did catch the end of Saturdays game at 4:00 AM a couple of days ago.I am looking forward to Windomnet (my cable provider) showing this weekends games on FCS!

Since the Sioux are losing their FCS deal when the NCHC starts, does anyone know if Denver is losing their RSRM telecasts as well? Hope UNDSN continues on FTA, but not holding my breath.

I don't believe RSRM is a national channel, which would mean they can keep it.

This would suck. Picked up DirectTV over Comcast in Nov and added the SportsPack to get the Sioux games. Would not be happy to be blacked out again this weekend. Noticed last weekend that DirectTV had no programming on the channels they would normally show the Sioux games. So I suppose that speaks to the "bandwith" argument.

Maybe we all need to complain to DirectTV.

It would help, they don't know the popularity of it, and it is an easy channel for them to pull.

Maine will be on but not the Sioux. This comes from Dtv themselves and UND won't know until either today or tomorrow.

let you voices be heard to them.

I don't believe RSRM is a national channel, which would mean they can keep it.

They are on Root Sports Rockey Mountain and I believe it's a national network because Pittsburgh also has a Roots Sports.

They are on Root Sports Rockey Mountain and I believe it's a national network because Pittsburgh also has a Roots Sports.

I believe Root Sports Rocky Mountain is considered regional, just as Fox Sports North is regional. In fact, RSRM used to be Fox Sports Rocky Mountain. One needs to add a sports pack if not in the normal viewing region in order to view these channels.

Has anyone heard anything about the dickins injury situation? Is he going to be able to play at all for the remainder of the year?

Nope and we won't hear anything until the 2011-2012 season is over since it's now the playoffs and the Sioux coaching staff always remains quiet in regards to injury details once playoffs/National Tournament begin.

Has anyone heard anything about the dickins injury situation? Is he going to be able to play at all for the remainder of the year?

No more injury information during the playoffs. Brad posted this yesterday.

I am going to go out on a limb and say we will be at 17 for the rest of the year. What I saw of him in denver, it wasn't good. My question is why isn't Tate on the bench to fill the penalty box? Maybe he could skate across the sheet and sit in the box for a major, if it happens? Is my thought process right or am I on minnesotas bench on this one?

This would suck. Picked up DirectTV over Comcast in Nov and added the SportsPack to get the Sioux games. Would not be happy to be blacked out again this weekend. Noticed last weekend that DirectTV had no programming on the channels they would normally show the Sioux games. So I suppose that speaks to the "bandwith" argument.

Maybe we all need to complain to DirectTV.

I just checked my directv guide and the Friday night game is now listed - and I have it recorded. I guess that does not necessarily mean it can't get pulled since I have been down this road before with Directv - record a game on Monday or Tuesday and it gets pulled by Thursday. Maybe this is a good sign since it was not on the channel guide earlier in the week but now it is - the opposite of what it was before.

• Upvote 1

Thats true about York but don't forget he already won a national title at Bowling Green.

5 Frozen Fours in what, 7 seasons? Multiple regular season and post season titles. Very impressive. There's no arguing that Hakstol has done a great job. It's just ironic that the people calling him a great coach are the same people who consistently ripped Woog for having almost identical accomplishments while at the U.

Why does everything have to be debated on cross reference to something that happened to UMTC also? Who cares about what happened to UMTC?

[

Blah Blah Blah. You guys that are content with just "being there" are the same people who want every single kid to get a trophy in sports. There are WINNERS and there are LOSERS, no matter how much you hippes want to give everyone a trophy, cookie, and a "atta boy" just for TRYING.

Hakstol, has done NOTHING that special since he's been here. His first few years he had Blais's teams that I COULD HAVE COACHED to the playoffs and FF. Bochenski, Parise, Toews, Oshie, Duncan, on and on and on and on.

He had SUPERIOR TALENT and at the end of the day came home with as many Championships (what programs like UND are judged by except by you liberal "happy to be there" clowns) as Michigan Tech and Alaska Anchorage have in the last decade.

Give me a NATIONAL TITLE and 11 bad seasons any day of the week over "Making the playoffs" and CHOKING every single damn year.

Although, that's so HARSH, especially for you "rah rah rah, never say anything negative about our Sioux, rah rah rah" fans.

Let me guess, 23 or 24 years of age for you?

I am going to go out on a limb and say we will be at 17 for the rest of the year. What I saw of him in denver, it wasn't good. My question is why isn't Tate on the bench to fill the penalty box? Maybe he could skate across the sheet and sit in the box for a major, if it happens? Is my thought process right or am I on minnesotas bench on this one?

Don't you have to have been on the ice during the penalty to be able to sit for someone else's major?

I know that is not true because dickin served the major the night before when blood got the major and he wasn't on the ice.

Correct. It's a bench penalty to be seved by any dressed player. I sent a tweet to Eades saying i'll suit up if they need added roster #'s and I could be great at serving bench minors.

But it's playoff time. Go Sioux!!!!!!!

So with all of our injuries we just have to play shortbenched the rest of the season? Isnt there such thing as practice players or some players that can fill some gaps or do u just have to deal with it. What would happen if a team became extremely short benched?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. Even the best teams in the history of college hockey lost about a third of their games. In a four round, one and done format, the odds are against every team who shows up. That's hockey. Look at the NHL playoffs last year in fact. Out of 15 series the lower seed won the first game of the series 7 times, which is almost half the time. Hell, five of those series were won by the lower seed, a full third of all series.

The Sioux have had a couple poor post-season games over the past seven years. However, the vast majority of the time they played well and lost because of a statistical anomaly, such as losing when you outshoot a team 40-20, or bad luck, such as a puck bouncing straight off a back wall and somehow ending up right in front of the net for a goal all in less than 2 seconds.

Simply because one realizes these facts and recognizes the consistently strong on-ice play of every Hakstol-led team over the past eight seasons doesn't mean one is satisfied with just "being there". We all want the Sioux to win it all every year. We're fans of the team, which is why we also give credit where credit is due rather than forming opinions out of sheer emotion and throwing Hakstol under the bus.

I love it when Jim uses actual mathematical statistics to quantify my claims. Check it out:

http://blog.siouxsports.com/2012/03/23/1777/