SiouxSports.com Forum

New Jerseys

sioux24/7

Black helmets (assuming that they're GLOSS black) would be just fine with me as long as the jerseys are green. Black jerseys, on the other hand, is a concept that I wouldn't like.

Get ready to be grumpy then. All blacks are on thee way. Consider it an early Christmas for everyone else.

• Upvote 4

A Bison fan and Dave K are both asking for sources? has the world eneded.

Not til december ;) But in all seriousness, I've heard a lot of people talking about all-black uniforms which is fine and all, but just wondering where they are hearing it from. Can't fault DaveK for being curious.

by the way, when you have a goose laying golden eggs do you ask the goose how it is laying golden eggs or do you just harvest the golden eggs and just be grateful that you even have a goose that lays golden eggs

You ask yourself how is this happening, take the golden egg, walk away extremely confused, and then have someone else come make sure you're not going crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

I for one am really excited to see what they come up with in regards to the black home jerseys. I think they did a great job with hockey and basketball. I also do like the look of our away white uniforms because the green helmets with the clean white jerseys looks really sharp. The looming question I have is if we do get black home jerseys would we use the green helmets? Also would we still have green jerseys?(black helmets with white unis just wouldn't look right)

I think the best look would be black jerseys, green pants with a black stripe or something, and green helmets. Still want to keep green in there. It is our primary color. Coming up with a "black out" uniform for big games like Montana and NDSU that has black pants, jerseys, and helmets would be pretty sweet!!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

We better be getting new jerseys. I think I am speaking for most, if not all, UND fans when I say I do not want to see those mismatched green jerseys ever again. We need to enter the Big Sky in style; just look at the many uniform combinations of the top tier Big Sky teams!

"You look good, you feel good, you feel good, you play good."

-Deion Sanders, Prime Time

Last season, UND's football players were not looking good. C'mon athletic department, time for a change!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

A little birdie told me that the new football jerseys should be in within the next week or so. I was told all black with green numbers and green trim. I didn't get any specifics but was told that they look sharp.

Any word on the helmet? I'm assuming it will remain green but curious if they would change the color or logo scheme on it.

A little birdie told me that the new football jerseys should be in within the next week or so. I was told all black with green numbers and green trim. I didn't get any specifics but was told that they look sharp.

I wonder what the will do for pants with the black jerseys? Black?? Green? New ones with black and green?? I don't see them using the white pants with black.

I wonder what the will do for pants with the black jerseys? Black?? Green? New ones with black and green?? I don't see them using the white pants with black.

The team already has all-black pants (e.g. South Dakota game), so I would guess they just ordered the jerseys and they will wear them with all black pants. Some time ago, SiouxFBInsider mentioned they may be considering wearing the black uniforms for all home games, and I guess that would be the simplest way to fix the "mismatched color problem".

Here are the black pants, but you also can easily notice the mismatched helmet-uniform combination I referenced - black home uniforms should fix that.

5rw2o.jpg

Any word on the helmet? I'm assuming it will remain green but curious if they would change the color or logo scheme on it.

repainting all helmets lighter green to match the jersey.

Like I've stated before, all blacks. That includes the pants.

The team already has all-black pants (e.g. South Dakota game), so I would guess they just ordered the jerseys and they will wear them with all black pants. Some time ago, SiouxFBInsider mentioned they may be considering wearing the black uniforms for all home games, and I guess that would be the simplest way to fix the "mismatched color problem".

Here are the black pants, but you also can easily notice the mismatched helmet-uniform combination I referenced - black home uniforms should fix that.

5rw2o.jpg

New pants and jerseys, those pants in the picture are quite old and will be replaced.