SiouxSports.com Forum

PWR predictions

jimdahl

So win the final five it is, or go home?

No.

Sweep Mankato, Sweep the first-round series, and maybe get the Thursday game at the Final 5 should be enough barring any upsets. If there are a lot of upsets in the conference tournaments, might have to win 7 in a row starting next week.

were 14th, why wouldnt a sweep of mankato move us up to atleast 10? Winning 2/3 in the first round would more than likely hold us in the top 12? Then if you did win the next you'd definately be in but I just dont see why we can't lose one game.

one of the main components of the pwr is rpi and even with sweeping mankato our rpi isn't going to move that much, we might move up one or two spots if we sweep and denver splits and maine loses to unh.

Someone said it best earlier....there can't be upsets in the conference tournaments. It doesn't matter who wins the Atlantic conference, they are bumping a team. BC/BU/Maine needs to win hockey east. One of the top four WCHA schools needs to win the F5. Right now CC is way down the ladder, they can't win the F5. The CCHA should be okay as Ferris, MSU, Michigan, and Miami are all in the top 16 of the pairwise. Western Michigan can't win the tournament or they'd bump a team out. The ECAC is the scary one because Union needs to win that tournament or someone gets bumped. Cornell is sitting at 16, but that can change, and if they were to drop and win the tournament, then another team gets bumped.

Basically I've compiled a list of not favorite teams at the moment. They include: Cornell, Western Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, CC and Harvard. I'd throw Colgate in there, but they shouldn't win the ECAC. Or at least I hope they don't.

Outside of the teams I listed that really need to win their conference tournaments it wouldn't hurt for the Sioux to get good performance out of Air Force down the stretch. Hopefully the Falcons make the NCAA's.

I think this week's Bracketology will have UND going to Worcester to play BC in the first round. True bracket integrity would have Merrimack vs. BC, which can't happen in the first round. I don't see them swapping Air Force & Merrimack since that's not fair to the #1 seed overall (Duluth). Here's my attempt for this week:

St. Paul

1 Minnesota-Duluth vs. 16 Air Force

7 Minnesota vs. 9 Union

Green Bay

3 Michigan vs. 15 Merrimack

6 Mass-Lowell vs. 11 Michigan St.

Bridgeport

4 Ferris St. vs. 13 Denver

5 Boston U vs. 12 Northern Michigan

Worcester

2 Boston College vs. 14 North Dakota

8 Miami vs. 10 Maine

The Bridgeport attendance would be brutal. You could swap Union & Northern Michigan.

Will be interesting to see what Moy comes out with later this week.

I think this week's Bracketology will have UND going to Worcester to play BC in the first round. True bracket integrity would have Merrimack vs. BC, which can't happen in the first round. I don't see them swapping Air Force & Merrimack since that's not fair to the #1 seed overall (Duluth). Here's my attempt for this week:

St. Paul

7 Minnesota vs. 9 Union

Green Bay

Bridgeport

Worcester

8 Miami vs. 10 Maine

The Bridgeport attendance would be brutal. You could swap Union & Northern Michigan.

Potential Regional Championship game in St Paul with Duluth playing Minnesota. That could be a good one!!!

I think this week's Bracketology will have UND going to Worcester to play BC in the first round. True bracket integrity would have Merrimack vs. BC, which can't happen in the first round. I don't see them swapping Air Force & Merrimack since that's not fair to the #1 seed overall (Duluth). Here's my attempt for this week: Green Bay 3 Michigan vs. 15 Merrimack 6 Mass-Lowell vs. 11 Michigan St.

I think you are very close on this one. Wouldn't be so shocked for them to put that 8 Miami vs 10 Maine matchup in Green Bay and move 6 Mas-Lowell vs. 11 Michigan State out in Worchester.

St. Paul

7 Minnesota vs. 9 Union

Green Bay

Bridgeport

Worcester

8 Miami vs. 10 Maine

I'm not sure they would move und out of green bay....i think they would just flip denver and merrimack

UND finding BC anywhere wouldn't be good. They proved earlier this year how much of a horrible matchup they are for the Sioux. Especially a Sioux team with only three lines. So playing them....in their backyard....1,500 miles from Grand Forks.....check please.

UND finding BC anywhere wouldn't be good. They proved earlier this year how much of a horrible matchup they are for the Sioux. Especially a Sioux team with only three lines. So playing them....in their backyard....1,500 miles from Grand Forks.....check please.

I don't have big dreams of winning it all this year but it would be great to get all these guys (especially walkons and freshman) NCAA tourney experience.

Well, this is where we thought they would be the last 4 weeks or so, needing a sweep over the Cows to keep on pace, just need to take care of business and not look ahead.

They've played pretty decent the last couple weeks, won twice at Anchorage which isn't easy and played Duluth tough last weekend, can't take these guys for granted.

Is there a way to create the graph with a specific team? Such as UMD? I remember seeing this in years past but cannot recall how to get them.

Well, converting the data to graphs is still a manual process, so I don't do it for every team every week. I do it for a few each week, and add them on request (so will do UMD tomorrow). I do also hope to eventually automate that piece of it so fans of other conferences can see their favorite teams without having to ask me, but I'm not there yet.

However, this week for the first time ever I did post in table format the probabilities of each ranking for every NCAA team based on their own performance. That's the data you want, just not in chart format.

Well, converting the data to graphs is still a manual process, so I don't do it for every team every week. I do it for a few each week, and add them on request (so will do UMD tomorrow). I do also hope to eventually automate that piece of it so fans of other conferences can see their favorite teams without having to ask me, but I'm not there yet.

However, this week for the first time ever I did post in table format the probabilities of each ranking for every NCAA team based on their own performance. That's the data you want, just not in chart format.

Brainiac.

UND will forfeit any NCAA tournament games if they bring their nickname and logo to the event. No players, band members or cheerleaders can be wearing the logo or nickname.

http://www.startribu.../140971123.html

It sounds like the numbers and names are being put on the new jersey's right now. They will not be used until the postseason however. The band has been wearing "non-Sioux" uniforms since the 1st of the year, not sure if the cheerleader's have new uniforms or not.