SiouxSports.com Forum

PWR predictions

jimdahl

It sounds like the numbers and names are being put on the new jersey's right now. They will not be used until the postseason however. The band has been wearing "non-Sioux" uniforms since the 1st of the year, not sure if the cheerleader's have new uniforms or not.

The band wore Sioux jerseys for the MTU series.

Moy has this week's Bracketology completed:

http://www.uscho.com/bracketology/

St. Paul

16 Air Force vs. 1 Minnesota-Duluth

11 Michigan State vs. 7 Minnesota

Green Bay

14 North Dakota vs. 3 Michigan

10 Maine vs. 8 Miami

Bridgeport

15 Merrimack vs. 4 Ferris State

12 Northern Michigan vs. 5 Boston University

Worcester

13 Denver vs. 2 Boston College

9 Union vs. 6 Massachusetts-Lowell

Moy has this week's Bracketology completed:

http://www.uscho.com/bracketology/

St. Paul

16 Air Force vs. 1 Minnesota-Duluth

11 Michigan State vs. 7 Minnesota

Green Bay

14 North Dakota vs. 3 Michigan

10 Maine vs. 8 Miami

Bridgeport

15 Merrimack vs. 4 Ferris State

12 Northern Michigan vs. 5 Boston University

Worcester

13 Denver vs. 2 Boston College

9 Union vs. 6 Massachusetts-Lowell

I would absolutely love these results to hold.... Getting a crack at Shawn Hunwick and Michigan in the first round would be sweet.... I could see the Sioux skating to Tampa in that regional. We handled Maine earlier this year and Miami is a bit overrated. I would love this

I would absolutely love these results to hold.... Getting a crack at Shawn Hunwick and Michigan in the first round would be sweet.... I could see the Sioux skating to Tampa in that regional. We handled Maine earlier this year and Miami is a bit overrated. I would love this

Looks like that would be the ideal regional to get into. St. Paul has been dubbed by many people the region of death. Seems every scenario for that regional will make it the hardest one. For the sake of Minnesota, I hope not :D . Sucks that it's almost impossible to get Minnesota and Duluth out of the same bracket, unless Duluth stays a one seed and Minnesota manages to drop to a four.

I've watched a lot of hockey these last couple weeks and Michigan is the best team I've seen (haven't seen BC since they played Sioux). They are playing very well at the right time. I will say that the CCHA is very overrated. What a difference in watching their games and then flipping on the WCHA games. CCHA seems to have no flow or intensity. Games are just blah with little offense.

I have seen Michigan a couple of times this year on BTN and anyone thinking that the Wolverines will be a cakewalk in the tournament is sadly mistaken.
Yeah I thought they looked pretty good as well and I don't know if we want a crack at them right away or not... I am hoping UND gets the ECAC CupCake Union. Edited by Goon

Just looking at how some other series could impact UND. Hopefully someone will more know-how than me can clear this up.

*(9t Pairwise) Miami vs. (12 Pairwise) Michigan State this weekend in the CCHA Quarterfinal Series. I'm assuming the Sioux can't lose in this scenario as they would likely move up since they face each other? One will move on while the other will have to wait out its fate.

*(16 Pairwise) Northern Michigan was eliminated from CCHA tournament so now they are waiting. You have to figure their chances are slim to none of getting into the NCAA.

*(21t Ohio State) ousted by Notre Dame last weekend so they are pretty much done.

*(27t Northeastern) not alive in the Hockey East tournment so they don't have ground to gain.

*Nebraska-Omaha is currently not in the top 31 Pairwise so their only hope of going to the NCAA is to win the WCHA Final Five.

*Many more teams will likely be eliminated this weekend so then we will have a better feel for things.

Bottom line, It looks like to me if UND advances this weekend and if the Big Four conference tournaments hold to form (1,2 seed wins the tournament), UND will be in no matter what they do in St. Paul. What will hurt North Dakota is if a couple of teams like Western Michigan, Cornell, Merrimack, Notre Dame, CC or Harvard gets hot and runs the table. Or does a tournament win by CC help the Sioux (a team that they swept this year).

"It was my understanding that there would be no math...."

Uh, Jim....just tell me each night who I am supposed to cheer for. I don't need the math behind it, just tell me from here on out who to cheer for. K? Thanks!

It's there in the post. Obviously UND winning is most important. Then, you're looking for the "Who else to watch this weekend" section. To quote:

The two separate lists are the series UND cares most about if the Sioux win (outcomes that can flip other comparisons in UND’s favor) and the series that UND cares most about if the Sioux lose (outcomes that can flip comparisons away from UND).

If UND wins:

• Wisconsin over Denver (win series)
  • Rensselaer over Union (one game if UND sweeps, series if UND goes 2-1)
  • Alaska Anchorage over Minnesota (win series)
  • Merrimack over Maine (win series if UND sweeps, not as important if UND goes 2-1)

If UND loses:

• Maine over Merrimack (win series)
    • Michigan over Notre Dame (win series)
    • Lake Superior over Wester Michigan (one game)
    • Dartmouth over Cornell (win series)
    • Math free, and those are the games that let you know where on the curve UND will fall. For example, if UND gets swept the Sioux look most likely to fall in the 14-16 range. You can get a pretty good idea of where in that range it will be by watching the outcomes of the "If UND loses" games.

Uh, Jim....just tell me each night who I am supposed to cheer for. I don't need the math behind it, just tell me from here on out who to cheer for. K? Thanks!

If UND wins every remaining game you will like the results...

It's there in the post. Obviously UND winning is most important. Then, you're looking for the "Who else to watch this weekend" section. To quote:

Math free, and those are the games that let you know where on the curve UND will fall. For example, if UND gets swept the Sioux look most likely to fall in the 14-16 range. You can get a pretty good idea of where in that range it will be by watching the outcomes of the "If UND loses" games.

thanks! sounds good!