SiouxSports.com Forum

PWR predictions

jimdahl

Goldy better crank it up or they could be in the toilet after this weekend...at least as far as the pair wise is concerned...

Very true. Their play in the 2nd half has really hurt them. Especially their undisciplined play against Denver and Northeastern.

I wouldn't count on it. You're going to have AHA, H.E., WCHA, B1G and NCHC.

I haven't heard anything about the ECAC going away?

Nevermind. I see that was addressed a couple posts later.

So we agree then? Probably six auto-bids after the expansion?

Edited by krangodance

Why, is Rau playing?

At the WI-UND series the some of the Badger players took some stupid chippy penalties that hurt them. The Sioux players did not respond in kind and nothing significant developed. At that time WI still had a reasonable chance at home ice for the playoffs and now they don't. I would expect them to do as much or more against the Gophers since they won't have anything to play for other than their dislike for MN. If the Gophers are as undisciplined as their fans are posting, they will respond, trying to prove their pseudo-physical play ability. Should be an interesting series.

If you are of the fabric that used to cry that Prpich or Hextall were dirty or chippy players, then your buddy Rau is a dirty player.

If you defended Prpich or Hextall from such claims, then I shall agree with you.

Which is it?

I wouldn't call any of them dirty......but they are all without a doubt, chippy players.

If you are of the fabric that used to cry that Prpich or Hextall were dirty or chippy players, then your buddy Rau is a dirty player.

If you defended Prpich or Hextall from such claims, then I shall agree with you.

Which is it?

Prpich was cheap, Hextall was just annoying. I have no problem pointing out Gophers who were cheap. Erik Westrum to this day is still the cheapest player I've seen in years. But I've watched Rau play all year and he's not cheap. I think players of Rau's size who play tenaciously like he does get unfairly labelled as chippy, not sure why.

. . . . . I think players of Rau's size who play tenaciously like he does get unfairly labelled as chippy, not sure why.

Certainly was not the case with Hobey Duncan. Say what you will about Rau, he is no Hobey. Not now, or ever. Don't get me started. Even if you try, I am not biting. Rau is talented. And chippy. Just like your buddy Jacob Cheapuss.

Certainly was not the case with Hobey Duncan. Say what you will about Rau, he is no Hobey. Not now, or ever. Don't get me started. Even if you try, I am not biting. Rau is talented. And chippy. Just like your buddy Jacob Cheapuss.

When did I ever mention Rau being Hobey worthy? But since you mention it, he certainly has a chance to be a viable Hobey candidate the next three years if he improves.

At the WI-UND series the some of the Badger players took some stupid chippy penalties that hurt them. The Sioux players did not respond in kind and nothing significant developed. At that time WI still had a reasonable chance at home ice for the playoffs and now they don't. I would expect them to do as much or more against the Gophers since they won't have anything to play for other than their dislike for MN. If the Gophers are as undisciplined as their fans are posting, they will respond, trying to prove their pseudo-physical play ability. Should be an interesting series.

You've got me talked in to either watching or DVR'ing those games!

When did I ever mention Rau being Hobey worthy? But since you mention it, he certainly has a chance to be a viable Hobey candidate the next three years if he improves.

. . . . if he improves on cleaning up his ticky tackiness on the ice. I never meant to imply that you were saying that Rau was Hobey worthy. My point is that Hobeys do not go to ticky tacky players. Rau, from where I sit, is a ticky tacky player, although a very talented one. Therefore, Rau, becuase of this ticky tackiness, will never be a Hobey, no matter how talented he may otherwise be.

Prpich was cheap, Hextall was just annoying. I have no problem pointing out Gophers who were cheap. Erik Westrum to this day is still the cheapest player I've seen in years. But I've watched Rau play all year and he's not cheap. I think players of Rau's size who play tenaciously like he does get unfairly labelled as chippy, not sure why.

That's an understatement, I would have hated playing against Hextall and listening to his yap running the whole game. Glad he played for us and not against us, probably would have been some threads on here about him. :lol:

Rau could go either way, time will tell. He's got a ways to go to be thrown in the category of Cepis...Ogilthorpe of the 2000's

You have it backwards. The Gophers are going to initiate the stupid penalties, the only questions are 1) whether the Badgers are going to retaliate, or 2) good enough to punish the stupidity.

You have it backwards. The Gophers are going to initiate the stupid penalties, the only questions are 1) whether the Badgers are going to retaliate, or 2) good enough to punish the stupidity.

You may be right about the sequence Sagard, but I submit that question #1 isn't a question at all. Unless they have donned sheep's clothing, WI will dive right in. They especially like the after-the-whistle stuff. Don't take your eyes off the ice when the whistle blows.

Are there any other games this weekend that could really help or hurt the Sioux?

From Jim's blog post on Sioux looking for sweep to help pwr

If Sioux sweep:

UW over Denver (sweep)

B.C. over Merrimack (sweep)

Notre Dame over Miami (at least one)

Alaska over Mich. St (at least one)

Mass over Maine (sweep)

Michigan over N. Michigan (sweep)

Quinnipiac over Union

If Sioux split:

Western Mich over Miami (just one)

If Sioux get swept:

Minnesota over Bemidji St (at least one)