SiouxSports.com Forum

PWR predictions

jimdahl

I think "struggle to fill Amsoil" is disingenuous: Duluth is averaging over 6300 attendance in a rink that lists 6751 as a "sellout". That's selling 94% of available seats, which I wouldn't characterize as a "struggle".

I would be willing to bet that next weekend's series is a sell out...

I looked at my work schedule today and I am so excited that I can watch the game next friday. Do we know what channel it will be on for midco? Also getting back to pairawise. If we get a sweep next week, I believe we will go to about 12, is that correct? A split we go to about 14?

I looked at my work schedule today and I am so excited that I can watch the game next friday. Do we know what channel it will be on for midco? Also getting back to pairawise. If we get a sweep next week, I believe we will go to about 12, is that correct? A split we go to about 14?

It's tough with so many games between now and then, but a sweep would hopefully do a little better than that -- most likely around 10-11, with anything from 8-13 being reasonably likely. A split is likely just a little worse, most likely around 15-16, with anything from 13-18 reasonably likely.

I think "struggle to fill Amsoil" is disingenuous: Duluth is averaging over 6300 attendance in a rink that lists 6751 as a "sellout". That's selling 94% of available seats, which I wouldn't characterize as a "struggle".

Pictures tell a thousand words. Having watched chunks of most of their games, I am assuming that they use the tickets sold formula instead of actual attendance at their games.

Pictures tell a thousand words. Having watched chunks of most of their games, I am assuming that they use the tickets sold formula instead of actual attendance at their games.

That's what Gopher fans were saying and a lot of UMD fans told us that a lot of people go sit in the bars or something like that in the arena or else stand up top instead of their seats. Not sure if this is true, but that's what I was told.

That's what Gopher fans were saying and a lot of UMD fans told us that a lot of people go sit in the bars or something like that in the arena or else stand up top instead of their seats. Not sure if this is true, but that's what I was told.

This happens to a degree at the Alerus for football, the stands look emptier due to all the people who go stand on the ends and watch the game. (yes I know they would look fairly empty regardless, but the Big Sky will change that)

This happens to a degree at the Alerus for football, the stands look emptier due to all the people who go stand on the ends and watch the game. (yes I know they would look fairly empty regardless, but the Big Sky will change that)

I seriously hope the Big Sky changes that. I'm so disappointed by the support UND football gets, especially for being a pretty decent team. I'm a fan of UND football and basketball. :D

I would have to say that yes the game will be a sell out but you are going to see a lot of Sioux jerseys in the stands. Our fanbase travels well and they will come from Minneapolis, GF and beyond for this series.

Just got my tickets confirmed today from the Ralph Box Office so I will be driving up from Minneapolis! Go Sioux!!!

No you're right, corpie seats. A lot of no shows. And all of them are in prime seats that I would pay to have.

It's interesting to see what the impact of single game is on the pairwise standings.

After last nights games the UND Fighting Sioux sit in 14th place and MN is in 7th.

However, if UND had split the 4 game series with MN intead of losing 3-1, UND would be in 9th and MN would be in 14th.

Or if UND had beaten Harvard in the 1st game of their series instead of a tie UND would be in 12th.

UND really needs a sweep next week in Duluth to give themselves a realistic chance at the NC$$ tourny.

Winning the WCHA autobid this year will be very difficult as they would almost surely need to win 5 game over a nine game span. With as beat up as this team has been this year that may prove to be too much to handle.

If anyone wants to play with past results: http://slack.net/~whelan/tbrw/2012/rankings.diy.shtml

• Upvote 1

23jpqva.jpg

Own it DHG, that's you.. Me personally I would have never dressed up as Sponge Bob, but hey...

Posted Today, 10:19 PM

snapback.pngDrunkHockeyGuy, on 02 February 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

See goon, it's ok, I know you.

As for talking about people, yeah that never happens in a rivalry right? We always say nice things about each other. Maybe you should stop posting about me on this board. Did you ask my permission?

Don't have to it was posted on the internet. It's fair game, I question whether you actually remember it but... I think this is an awesome picture.

Edited by Goon

And the Beanpot starts tonight.

Boston U vs. Harvard followed by BC vs. Northeastern. Winners play next Monday at The Gahden. I am still ticked about that Harvard goal that tied up the game 4-4 on December 30th. Dell's glove gets pulled off yet the play goes on.

But I digress, I wish the 'Pot was more than just a regional fixture as it deserves national attention.

It's interesting to see what the impact of single game is on the pairwise standings.

After last nights games the UND Fighting Sioux sit in 14th place and MN is in 7th.

However, if UND had split the 4 game series with MN intead of losing 3-1, UND would be in 9th and MN would be in 14th.

Or if UND had beaten Harvard in the 1st game of their series instead of a tie UND would be in 12th.

UND really needs a sweep next week in Duluth to give themselves a realistic chance at the NC$$ tourny.

Winning the WCHA autobid this year will be very difficult as they would almost surely need to win 5 game over a nine game span. With as beat up as this team has been this year that may prove to be too much to handle.

If anyone wants to play with past results: http://slack.net/~wh...kings.diy.shtml

If you add a victory over BC in the Ice Breaker to a season split with Minnesota, UND would be sitting at #2 in the PWR. Crazy how much difference a couple games can make.

If you add a victory over BC in the Ice Breaker to a season split with Minnesota, UND would be sitting at #2 in the PWR. Crazy how much difference a couple games can make.

Part of that is actually a flaw in the data on that site... it's missing the first three games of the season. If you want to verify on your own, just click "specify your own results" but don't change any data. You'll get something different from the actual current PWR. To make it match, add the first three game manually:

20111001 LS 1 AH 0 NC
20111002 LS 1 AH 0 NC
20111004 Ni 0 Mi 1 NC[/code]

That should give you the current PWR. Now you can make other adjustments to play "what if".

St. Paul

15 North Dakota vs. 4 Ferris State

9 Maine vs. 7 Minnesota

Green Bay

16 Air Force vs. 2 Michigan

12 Ohio State vs. 5 Minnesota-Duluth

Bridgeport

13 Michigan State vs. 3 Massachusetts-Lowell

11 Union vs. 6 Boston College

Worcester

14 Northern Michigan vs. 1 Boston University

10 Notre Dame vs. 8 Merrimack

Conference breakdowns

CCHA — 6

HEA — 5

WCHA — 3

ECAC — 1

AHA — 1

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/bracketology/2012/02/08/making-a-case-for-attendance-based-switches/#ixzz1lonY8cxI

Bracketology from Jason Moy