SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. CC-Saturday night at the Ralph.

Wilbur

Before the weekend, I was praying that the Sioux at least split the series with CC but to end up taking 4 points and sweeping CC is just awesome!

There is no question, CC is a very, very good team. I hope we don't have to see Rylan Schwartz ever again this season. He definitely stood out more than his brother Jaden.

i think just about everytime someone gets a hatty both nights....

I am not sure you understood the question. Rylan is clearly going to be the WCHA offensive player of the week. But how often does that award go to someone from a team that got swept. I'd bet not very often.

Wow, UND sweeps CC, didn't see that one coming. I was very impressed with the effort this weekend. Keep it up and dig out of this hole!

And yes, I dislike Rylan Schwartz strongly. Hell of an individual effort this weekend, when is the last time someone had hatties in both games of a weekend?

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot: SWEEP! SWEEP! SWEEP! SWEEP!

I think the Sioux really came into the weekend trying to contain Jaden, which really opened things up for Rylan. You'd think they would have learned their lesson after awhile, but it was kind of a no win situation for the Sioux because Jaden will beat you just as easy. It's like when we had the DOT line. Who do you stop? If you take out Toews, there's still Oshie and Duncan. If you take out Duncan, there's still Oshie and Toews. It's hard to contain multiple great forwards on one line.

The young guys really played well this weekend. They are starting to get a feel for the speed of the game. Parks really stood out a lot to me this weekend especially. He didn't necessarily get the points, but he was all over the place making plays.

• Upvote 1

Mattson, Simpson, and Blood were great this weekend. Mario, well... not only was his play ineffective, but took 3 penalties at bad times. I'd have to see the face off stats, but looked like he was so so there as well.

Blood? He almost handed both games to CC late in the 3rd. The inability to move the puck out of the zone at critical times continues to be a problem for this team.

Blood? He almost handed both games to CC late in the 3rd. The inability to move the puck out of the zone at critical times continues to be a problem for this team.

Blood was on the ice for half the game and those clears at the end were a little bit of a fluke getting deflected. I have no idea how many times his positioning and skating kept CC of their breakouts.

• Upvote 2

Although we still have some defensive breakdowns, I am pretty impressed with the sioux this weekend. I will admit I thought we would probably get swept but the team really surprised me and came out flying Friday night and followed it up with another good performance tonight. We won two games from a really good team, the same team that took BC to the woodshed last year in the NCAA tourney. Well played this weekend, Well played!

Wow, UND sweeps CC, didn't see that one coming. I was very impressed with the effort this weekend. Keep it up and dig out of this hole!

And yes, I dislike Rylan Schwartz strongly. Hell of an individual effort this weekend, when is the last time someone had hatties in both games of a weekend?

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot: SWEEP! SWEEP! SWEEP! SWEEP!

When's the last time someone had hatties in both games of a weekend and still got swept?

I thought that was a dam fine weekend of hockey. The Fighting Sioux played with good intensity for 120 minutes and things are starting to gel with some of the freshmen. I like Nelson more every time I see him play, and it was great to see Kristo shrug off his scoring schneid and notch a few this weekend.

SWEEP!!!

To the rest of the WCHA: Notice served.

Kristo was exceptionally great this weekend and his linemate were not far behind. Defensively were are still a ways from where I thought we would be with the guys coming back. Blood logged a ton of minutes but he still is unsteady with the puck and gets used in the open ice alot. Simpson is 18 years old...you get some good and some bad. Forbert has looked alot better than early on. Mattson is the real deal. Mac is Mac...you know what you are going to get nightly.

The kid no one has mentioned is Gleason...he was all over the ice in that 3rd period and IMO was one of our top 3 players last night. Kid rolls at forward then Hak double shifts him the next shift on D. Happened a few times. He should be on the PP point instead of Simpsom IMO. Simply put, he is just a hockey player!

The MOP line is going to be huge for this team in the 2nd half if they keep progressing. They all take accountability on both ends of the ice. Parks IMO has that "it" quality when I watch him. He could be a special player down the road.

Would have not predicted a sweep after watching Sinday's game vs. BSU, but give Mario and the rest of the Sr. players credit for leadership to get this team ready and believeing.

#13 for CC...how do we not have a clue where he is on the ice??? Especially after his 3rd goal, 4th goal, ...

2 big games won by this team vs. a very good WCHA contender. Have to parlay it up @ UAA now.

Mario had a better game Friday, when he was on the wing. But Rowney was losing too many faceoffs Friday at center, so Hak swapped them. Mario was better on faceoffs on Saturday but didn't have as good of an overall game.

I know the solution: Carter -- work on taking draws! :D

#13 for CC...how do we not have a clue where he is on the ice??? Especially after his 3rd goal, 4th goal, ...

I think UND picked their poison and decided to focus on 8, not the brother 13. It wasn't good on the old GI tract to watch 13 do the damage, but UND survived it ... twice.

Mario had a better game Friday, when he was on the wing. But Rowney was losing too many faceoffs Friday at center, so Hak swapped them. Mario was better on faceoffs on Saturday but didn't have as good of an overall game.

I know the solution: Carter -- work on taking draws! :D

Mario has had better weekends. The 4 penalties he had didn't help matters any.

Not one of Mario's best weekends on the ice, but you've got to give him credit for rallying the troops and getting them ready to go. He said all the right things to the media this week, and I'm sure he had some words for the team in the locker room that got them inspired for the weekend.

I agree though.....4 penalties from the captain....I'm sure the coaches will address this. :whistling: