SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

Great update Teeder. I love hearing the great posts about our offense. Its early but in years past all we have read about at the beginning of camp has been how good our defense has looked. Reading all this about our offense is a very good thing or a sign of things to come for the D. Exciting year ahead.

Wonder when they will unveil the new home blacks? Possibly today at media day? The week of the game? Or will we have to wait till they come out of the tunnel to see them?!!

Probably the Montana game

On the video at UNDsports.com for Media Day, Jack Michaels specifically mentioned the "black-out" game against Montana....................

On the video at UNDsports.com for Media Day, Jack Michaels specifically mentioned the "black-out" game against Montana....................

Yeah, so I'd say it wouldn't be a particular blackout game if they wore them before Oct. 20th. The only chance we'll see the new blacks is if someone "leaks" an image (i.e. Twitter); otherwise, it'll be one of many factors used to get the Alerus excited and rocking when Montana comes to town, and we'll have to wait until then.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, so I'd say it wouldn't be a particular blackout game if they wore them before Oct. 20th. The only chance we'll see the new blacks is if someone "leaks" an image (i.e. Twitter); otherwise, it'll be one of many factors used to get the Alerus excited and rocking when Montana comes to town, and we'll have to wait until then.

Agreed. I don't think they will wear them before that game. If it is gonna be a true "blackout" game, I would assume the team would be wearing the black pants as well!! I know that this is going to be an exciting season and every home game is gonna be great: But I haven't looked forward to a home game like this (Montana) probably since the 2003 game against the Bison!! If the old Alerus atmoshere is not back by then, it will deffinitely be back for that game!! I can imagine hearing a little "Back in BLack" intro with the lights out and having the team run out in their all black jerseys!! It will be the biggest game in our D1 history!! Anyone else getting goosebumps!!!

• Upvote 3

This has nothing to do with the 2012 season. It's an interview with RJ McGill when he was in high school. I just thought it was funny because he said he couldn't go to college in a cold environment. Did he have a down year his senior season to end up here?

This has nothing to do with the 2012 season. It's an interview with RJ McGill when he was in high school. I just thought it was funny because he said he couldn't go to college in a cold environment. Did he have a down year his senior season to end up here?

He also says he likes a packed stadium..........

He might finally be getting that this season.