SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

Yeah, but better late than never.

A marketing study was done several years ago in Grand Forks about ticket purchasing. It was aimed at arts events, but also applied to sporting events. One of the things they found was that most ticket buying decisions for events came during the week before the event. People in the area are very much late purchasers. Advertising too early can be a waste of advertising dollars. The biggest exception to the rule is if people think the event will sell out. The obvious example is UND hockey. The other group that is an exception are the hard-core fans, and people that know they want a specific seat or section. Then they buy tickets early. People know when football season is coming. A strong, concentrated marketing campaign can be as effective, or more effective, than a longer campaign. Just because NDSU has been out there already doesn't mean that UND can't do a great job selling tickets even if they start later.

SFI just tweeted they are hearing of a potentially big blow to the depth chart this year and are trying to confirm. That doesn't sound good.

Trying to figure out which position lacked the most depth. With it being a big blow it has to be in the secondary. Or qb. Interested to see what it is all about.

Not all QB's returned. I was told 2 incoming Freshmen and 2 Sr's were the 4 listed at QB, but HAVE NOT confirmed. Bradley is only a Jr. so I hope that isn't accurate. Coombs the QB from Ca. is a Jr. I was told Coombs didn't come back. Check and see if Bradley is there. Not all QB

Not all QB's returned. I was told 2 incoming Freshmen and 2 Sr's were the 4 listed at QB, but HAVE NOT confirmed. Bradley is only a Jr. so I hope that isn't accurate. Coombs the QB from Ca. is a Jr. I was told Coombs didn't come back. Check and see if Bradley is there. Not%20all%20QB

If that is accurate I would be ok with it.

If that is accurate I would be ok with it.

I was thinking it was something along these lines. If it is case (again still speculating), it leaves some depth concerns this year and leaves very little experience next year, unless I'm missing someone. Hendrickson would be the back-up this year with 3 players who are, I would assume, being red-shirted behind him. That also means zero returning experience next year. That is why this concerns me.

Hypothetically speaking, if circumstances required UND to play a third quarterback this year, which would you choose to do if you were Muss--take the redshirt off one of the true freshman, or put either Nichols or Townsend under center? I would choose Townsend, considering the depth at receiver and his high school qb career. I'd hate to waste a year of eligibility of one of the freshman.

• Upvote 1

Hypothetically speaking, if circumstances required UND to play a third quarterback this year, which would you choose to do if you were Muss--take the redshirt off one of the true freshman, or put either Nichols or Townsend under center? I would choose Townsend, considering the depth at receiver and his high school qb career. I'd hate to waste a year of eligibility of one of the freshman.

I think I'd go with the Townsend option and pray for no injuries; anything to save a year of eligibility for the freshmen.

If Bradley left, he's potentially throwing away a great opportunity next year, not to mention this season, depending on circumstances.

Lets just hope its Hanson for 11 games plus (postseason!!). No need for backups.

Hope is a town in Steele County.

Protect. Protect Hanson for 11 games.

Hear that hoggies? And that applies no matter who is on the depth chart or in camp.

Confirmed by both Tom Miller and SFI. Again, leaves serious questions for back-ups this year and probably more concerning is the lack of experience heading into next year.

I also agree with SFI that another JUCO or transfer next year isn't out of the question. Regardless, best of luck to Bradley, unfortunate things didn't work out for him at UND and hopefully he can find what he's looking for.

Did many people on this board actually consider Bradley a D1 caliber qb?

Honestly, more than Hendrickson IMO. I don't think we can act like this doesn't hurt, because it does.

I think the coaches would say the same thing.

But we will all move on and hopefully never look back.