SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

where's fenton?

hope he's shakin' things up still

I'm not really sure all that necessary that is anymore, now that the requirements for team sport sponsorships changed.  

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

I'm not really sure all that necessary that is anymore, now that the requirements for team sport sponsorships changed.  

need core members where you aren't replacing affiliates every year. delaware could jump anytime..anywhere

mvfc, summit, ncha=summit or rebrand it new.  

1 conference. 1 streaming platform

35 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

need core members where you aren't replacing affiliates every year. delaware could jump anytime..anywhere

mvfc, summit, ncha=summit or rebrand it new.  

1 conference. 1 streaming platform

My point is just that it's not as dire of a situation anymore,  because the Summit will no longer need soccer in order to keep it's basketball autobid.  That would only affect M soccer.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

When tOSU admits they're spending too much on athletics what's it mean for everyone else? 

If you can't "gate" (meaning turnstile, media contracts) your expenses I'd say be wary in this new world of college athletics. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

When tOSU admits they're spending too much on athletics what's it mean for everyone else? 

If you can't "gate" (meaning turnstile, media contracts) your expenses I'd say be wary in this new world of college athletics. 

House of cards. The Big XFL will probably start pruning the dead wood soon.  College sports are on life support.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Could see PAC? also added Air Force and UNLV, that would take the MWC down to 5 and they could fortify by adding 7 (Montana, Dakotas and Idaho).  I think Davis could jump to the PAC if they wanted to.  Academic cred is there and would jump them a lot closer atheletically to their sibling schools in Cal and UCLA