SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

1 minute ago, northernraider said:

At what point does the NCAA say screw it there is no FBS/FCS separation?  Every D1 School can chose how many scholarships they want to offer. 

This fixes everything........just sayin'.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1PG53bwd_jSULLtEU2LO0sU09Dd54coY1S1asvrPuvk0/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WwMtc5nK4MHJWdNwb6y1fAPWaI0YkJYu_eJOM_oWMDU/edit?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

If and when st thomas joins summit hockey aka NCHC does jan brady state get the boot in favor of Augie bc they were kinda added to grab the Minny market and with st thomas actually being in minny/st paul we don't need them and their crappy everything anymore?

First, no, St. Cloud is good. Second, St. Thomas would have to be granted to leave the CCHA and pay the fee to leave and pay the NCHC fee. Third, Augustana looks to not be in the CCHA since all their games are non-conference or at least list non-conference by CHN's scoreboard. So, they also would have to pay an exit fee to the CCHA and a Fee to NCHC. 

Just now, cberkas said:

First, no, St. Cloud is good. Second, St. Thomas would have to be granted to leave the CCHA and pay the fee to leave and pay the NCHC fee. Third, Augustana looks to not be in the CCHA since all their games are non-conference or at least list non-conference by CHN's scoreboard. So, they also would have to pay an exit fee to the CCHA and a Fee to NCHC. 

Money....St Thomas has it and more.....no problem there.

Money....Augie can it get....probably not a problem there.

Everythng about St Cloud sucks........school, president, city, arena, their coach, the tv production, their goal song.........need i say more. they suck

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/9/2023 at 5:16 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Everythng about St Cloud sucks........school, president, city, arena, their coach, the tv production, their goal song.........need i say more. they suck

Their TV production is pretty good IMO.  

I think SCSU is trending downward though... school has problems.  If the NCHC ever gets folded into the Summit League, that could potentially provide the opportunity for some teams to shuffle around (drop SCSU).  In light of the MWC/PAC12/BigTen drama, I'm curious if the NCHC has clear terms about what it takes to dissolve the conference (to enable a team like SCSU to essentially be dropped, if desired).

Hypothetically, if that happens, I'm not sure if hockey being associated with the Summit League would make it easier or harder for Augi to get accepted, as the SD schools want nothing to do with them, and they probably wouldn't want Augi to get their foot in the door.  As for the viewpoint of NCHC schools, I don't think Augi brings enough national appeal, especially with ASU joining.  Does Augi really move the needle much to help the conference in any way?  May help with travel a bit, but that's about it.  Would rather take Lindenwood, than them even, because at least there is some talent coming out of that area and it would also be a good add for the Summit League as a whole.  It's also only a 5 hour drive from Miami.  But right now Lindenwood supported near well enough to be competitive or seriously considered - they did just announce that they are dropping 10 sports, however, so perhaps that will change..

In terms of what happens in the future, I think the biggest fork in the road is whether Miami is or will continue to be committed to the league, or do they finally get a group of schools together to form a new conference that better aligns, geographically, between the CCHA and NCHC schools at the eastern leagues.  I guess another "biggest" fork in the road is what the NCAA decides to do with single sport conferences, and will they ban on new single sport conferences ever actually be lifted?

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 5:16 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

you should change your alias to "the world according to Schwinn"

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 1:12 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

Drop athletics altogether? :huh:

Since every other NAIA conference is a freaking "church league", I don't know what options they have left.

There's maybe three realistic options. 

1)Frontier with Dickinson St

2)D3 UMAC

3)Independent

This story talks about D2 as an option, but I don't see them getting into the Northern Sun even if they wanted to.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/mayville-state-weighs-options-for-future-conference-home