SiouxSports.com Forum

Uniforms

GeauxSioux

After watching last week's highlights with the white uniforms, I have to say that I like UND's away uniforms better than the home ones. It has been mentioned before that the green home uniforms don't really match the helmets very well and as the game wears on and the players sweat, the Sioux have two different shades of green on the uniform itself.

The white uniforms have a sharp look to them just as they do for the home basketball and hockey.

I watched the Saints play the Jaguars in Jacksonville last weekend and the Jaguars wore their white uniforms and the Saints wore what is typically their home uniforms. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/photos/F/f481d9af-b468-4bba-8992-1fe27d8af408.html?SITE=PAREA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Can the Sioux choose to wear white for their home games? At least until they get a better looking uniform that matches the helmet.

I.M.O. I don't like the new green football jerseys, the green looks so light. It is like it was washed to many times and the color faded. If it is the correct color then I think it needs to be tweaked.

I remember that the Gemini Football jerseys that were in use before the new ones were a sharper looking Kelly Green (i know Gemini used the wrong official pantone color, but I do not care, it looked better on the field and on TV). We should adjust the green shade on the next football jerseys.

We really do need better home jerseys. Anyone who is reading this who may have some pull internally or know someone that does, should get the point and make a change or request at the very least. Yes the away jerseys with the green helmets do look sharp; we look like a D1 team on the road but not at home...

We have black alternates for hockey, basketball, volleyball.....pretty much every other sport. Why not football?!!

We used to have black pants a few years back. This is the only image I could find of them...

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=1619802

I really didn't like the color combo. Especialy on the road unis which were black pants, white jersey, and green helmet.

We really do need better home jerseys. Anyone who is reading this who may have some pull internally or know someone that does, should get the point and make a change or request at the very least. Yes the away jerseys with the green helmets do look sharp; we look like a D1 team on the road but not at home...

The washed-out pea green uniforms are the worst ever

I agree that we should simply change the uniform color shade to match the helmets - even if it isn't Kelley Green. It would be the simplest solution and it would look way better. Also, a black home alternate would be a real nice touch. As I've mentioned before, entering the Big Sky next season is the perfect opportunity for us to obtain some new STYLISH uniforms!

Black is our secondary color, green is our primary color.

Not completely accurate ...

The official colors of the University are green and pink. However, this color combination is rarely employed outside of official or “ceremonial” applications. In most contemporary applications, green, white, and black are used as the UND colors.*

" ... green, white, and black are used as the UND colors." So technically, any of those three work. I don't have a problem with "third jerseys" in black in any sport.

And to those of you who snicker at "pink" ... I'd rather be in the pink, than yellow. (Imagine a breast cancer awareness hockey game with pink jerseys. Would you smack about it to Ben Blood or Andrew MacWilliam or Andrew Panzarella on the ice? There'd be "smack" alright ... of their fists upside-yo-head. ;):D )

* http://und.edu/unive...g/standards.cfm

Black third jerseys would look awesome and intimidating!

I'm not a big fan of black or any color that isn't the primary. If your school is green and white, Wear those colors. Now for an alternate jersey every now and then(see ugly Maryland and the ugly NDSU yellow), go for anything, have fun with it.

I could maybe see black for a 1 time thing- it would have to be black jerseys with black pants. I never did like wihite jersey's with the black pants at away games. But I don't want to get into seeing them wear it frequently.

I don't like when our hockey team does it too often. Don't mind it if it's everyonce in awhile.

It's funny I've found that I like the new styles in football uni's(maryland, oregon etc) that have been introduced at other programs in recent years and yet I remain traditionalist in many regard s when it comes to our own jerseys. I do like the piping on the jerseys now, and like the white on white- away with green helmets- I think they look sharp. I grew up at a time when hockey went on the road they wore green... so it always seems weird when I watch sometimes and they are wearing black...not bad just different.

Black is our secondary color, green is our primary color. I'm not a fan of when teams come up with alternate jerseys using their secondary color as the primary color and the primary color as a secondary color. I think the yellow Bison jerseys are hideous, as well as the orange jeresys for the Chicago Bears and Miami Dolphins. I also don't care for the black jerseys worn by the Philadelphia Eagles and Detroit Lions. I'm not crazy about the black Sioux hockey jerseys and certainly don't want to see the football team wear a black jersey. I want the home jersey to remain green, but I do go along with the concept that the helmets and jerseys should be the same shade of green. I am not in favor of a 3rd jersey unless it is a throwback to a style used at some point in the past. I doubt this would ever happen, but I would be totally psyched if they came out of the tunnel one day wearing the late '70s/early '80s style jerseys with the large "NORTH DAKOTA" text across the front of the jersey and grey outline around the white numbers. If they brought back the silver helmets that would be even better.

I think the Black Jerseys are the most popular amongst fans. When they had the fire sale, they were the first to go.

• 1 month later...

The truth is recruits like monochrome jersey combinations. So many teams have gone to all-black jersey combinations the last few years and it’s all based on recruiting. The most well known school to do so is Oregon, yet I could come up with another 10 schools or so that have changed recently just to satisfy the interests of the players. Ultimately, all black is a great intimidation color combination; therefore, players love to be wearing that.

Oregon's uniforms are hideous. The best uniforms are the ones that have not changed much if it all since the 1970's or earlier.

Honestly, look at basketball shoes in today's market, they are ugly as sin but yet people (kids, young adults) camp out to buy them. I'm sure marketing research shows that people who buy merchandise like football jerseys are not in our demographic and that's why the designs do not appeal to our generation(s). I do like the idea of having a UND "black out" jersey, our schools "Kelly Green" and white look really good on a black jersey (as proven on our hockey jerseys). If anything were to change about the football jerseys I would hope that it would be including the players name on the back (they deserve that much). I think the main concern will be, what do our re-designed hockey jerseys look like without the logo and will anybody want to buy one?