SiouxSports.com Forum

Uniforms

GeauxSioux

All black unis would be sweet as an alternate uni just like it is for hockey. I would still stick with the green jerseys for our home and white for away but all blacks against rivals would be sweet. I could see it now. A few years from now NDSU comes back to town to restart the rivalry in a black out at the Alerus. That would be awesome.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I like the look of some all black uni's i.e. Baltimore ravens, South Carolina, Oregon. But there is a limit too how much design you can put on them. When designing a new uniform, keep it simple stupid, you don't need eight different patterns on there or any over the top fonts.

If jerseys are becoming a main selling point to recruits, I think UND needs to adapt its uniforms so that a recruit says, "I would love playing in that jersey." Now obviously that isn't the only reason why a recruit chooses a school, but if it comes down to two schools that are about even in his eyes, I bet 9 times out of 10 he chooses the school with the better looking uniform. Every college kid wants to look good, and that includes looking good on the field.

• Upvote 1

I have pictures of a possible all black uni. How to post it I don't know. Any help?

Not entirely sure but if you post the url we can just copy and paste it into a browser. I am interested to see this because I think a mostly black uniform with the green helmets would be great.

Not entirely sure but if you post the url we can just copy and paste it into a browser. I am interested to see this because I think a mostly black uniform with the green helmets would be great.

That's the problem. The URL doesn't change from the main site so when you've created the uniform you cant copy the URL and go back to look at it. I could just use it as a profile pic.

That's the problem. The URL doesn't change from the main site so when you've created the uniform you cant copy the URL and go back to look at it. I could just use it as a profile pic.

I see enough of your profile picture to say YESSSSS! That is an amazing look and we should be actively pursuing something like this to essentially re-brand ourselves for entry into our new league the Big Sky. Our jerseys were below average this year for sure.

If we can all do this, why doesn't someone in the athletic department do it? Are we broke?

I imagine we have uniform deals in place. May be limited by current agreements. Also, why bother with any new initiatives during the transition?

For anyone in the know, does UND (non-hockey) have a school wide uniform deal or is it sport by sport?

Edited by PhillySioux

I imagine we have uniform deals in place. May be limited by current agreements. Also, why bother with any new initiatives during the transition?

For anyone in the know, does UND (non-hockey) have a school wide uniform deal or is it sport by sport?

I hope you are right, and I also hope we get new turf for next year!

• Upvote 1

Football has a deal with Nike, I don't know about any other sports.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone else find it somewhat disrespectful to members of the military when Nike calls their uniforms "combat"? Those are game uniforms, not combat uniforms.

I think it's disrespectful to horses that Ford has been making the Mustang for almost 50 years. it's a car, not a horse.

Does anyone else find it somewhat disrespectful to members of the military when Nike calls their uniforms "combat"? Those are game uniforms, not combat uniforms.

No because combat is more than involving military action. At least according to Merriam-Webster dictionary as the #1 definition of combat is

: a fight or contest between individuals or groups