SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Just having a morning orange beer, surfing the net and watching the Towson/New Hampshire game one one tv......Fordham/Lehigh on the other and waiting for the Bison. Should be out antelope hunting, but too much snow and mud out here. ;)

Orange beer?

Sounds like Sunshine Wheat with a couple of slices of orange?

They try to do that in Northern Colorado...I prefer lemon slices with wheat beer...

That snowstorm just grazed us, headed north to Laramie and Cheyenne...further north too from what I heard.

Orange beer?

Sounds like Sunshine Wheat with a couple of slices of orange?

They try to do that in Northern Colorado...I prefer lemon slices with wheat beer...

That snowstorm just grazed us, headed north to Laramie and Cheyenne...further north too from what I heard.

Mix Windmer Alchemy and Blue Moon with a squeezed orange slice for the aromatic effect and you've got a delicious beer combo.

THIS is why UND fans and the majority of fans at other schools hate Bison fans. Not because they are jealous of their success. But because of the cocky, pompous, holier than thou attitude they have. You and be proud and confident about your team, but coming on here to rub it in, you come off as a total jacka$$.

I have said this about Gopher hockey fans for years, but I think it applies to the Ag School as well.

Time for him to put his money where his mouth is and be a leader then.

That could possibly be one of the dumbest posts I've read on this site. A freshman, who had several offers, is supposed to buckle down and deal with this sh*tty coaching staff and situation? I'm fed up with this sh*t…unless the team improves on the field, which it won't, my mind is made up. Mussman and his staff are worthless. You can talk all you want about how the coaches have family, but so do the players! They deserve way better than this. I'm familiar with both UND and NDSU football programs and it's day and night difference between the two. Sick of this crap. Any ineptitude against ISU today and I'll lose it. Muss is on the shortest leash made as far as I'm concerned. D*mn clown is all muss is.

• Upvote 3

That could possibly be one of the dumbest posts I've read on this site. A freshman, who had several offers, is supposed to buckle down and deal with this sh*tty coaching staff and situation? I'm fed up with this sh*t…unless the team improves on the field, which it won't, my mind is made up. Mussman and his staff are worthless. You can talk all you want about how the coaches have family, but so do the players! They deserve way better than this. I'm familiar with both UND and NDSU football programs and it's day and night difference between the two. Sick of this crap. Any ineptitude against ISU today and I'll lose it. Muss is on the shortest leash made as far as I'm concerned. D*mn clown is all muss is.

So you're against a fr becoming a leader? It's a good thing that all the young guys are pissed about losing and want to do something about it

So you're against a fr becoming a leader? It's a good thing that all the young guys are pissed about losing and want to do something about it

I'm not against a freshman becoming a leader…I'm against this coaching staff and what they're doing to the freshmen's psyche.

It is so funny to stop by here and see you guys crying about discipline at NDSU when you ought to be focused on why UND is one of the worst programs in FCS. UND's color surely is green...........green with envy. And today I get to watch another Bison game that is available Nationally. Oh....by the way.....our game was a pick on College Gameday!

Congrats on finally getting a game on FCS. UND has had 95% of their home games on FCS nationally for 6 years now. :silly:

• Upvote 1

Muss sat Jackson the first game for some undisclosed reason which is right on track with how he has always handled discipline. Muss has a lot of issues but he doesn't let off field things slide without consequences.

If you have older players that you are fed up with, there are ways to either get them inline or get rid of them. If Muss and his staff do not know how, they shouldn't be coaching at this level. Players that are just doing what they have to do to get by (to keep their scholarship) need to be dealt with accordingly and bring guys in that are committed to getting the program to the next level.

People that respect the rules and the law care. We understand that doesn't include you and other NDSUAAS fans. If the players were caught breaking team rules, or breaking the law, they should be punished. Rules apply to everyone and need to be enforced.

and what if a minor is not a game suspension as far as team rules? What if it is a more internal punishment? (at NDSU or UND, doesn't matter to me) I'm sure they have something for it.

If I was stuck chasing a diploma from the College of Home Economics at the University of Agriculture and Applied Science, I'd drink too.

Hey now!

I'll have to try it out.

ditto

I feel like we learned more about this UND team in the win than a loss.

Yes we did. We saw the:

- lack of discipline on even simple things like snap count

- selfish play by the personal fouls to extend opponent drives

- the total lack of an understand of the concept of "clock management"

I watched the post game interviews, and it seemed like they had just won a big game. Personally I feel like they should have been angry with how they won, biut I guess at this point a win is at least a win. I say stay within 28 points of Eastern Washington next week and call it good.

Look at where this program has gone.

We're discussing if it's better to be

- junk punched

- maimed

- de-limbed

- disemboweled

- decapitated

This program used to mete out the pain. Now we're discussing what we think we can survive.

Unsat. Unacceptable.

• Upvote 2

I am with Sic on clock management. The 22 second drive with an 11 point lead and 7 minutes left is really poor.

Also at end of 1st half we were 2nd and goal at the 3 with 1:23 left, 2 or 3 timeouts and didn't use the whole play clock. We were lucky they didn't score before the end of the half. 20 seconds there are important.