SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

I watched the sports and threw up in my mouth a little when I saw the Bison limited Zenner to 4 - count em - 4 yards. Then I got to watch our defensive highlights. We will find out this week if the University has the will and desire to have a competative football team. From what I have seen from Faison, I don't think so. My contributions are done for a while.

• Upvote 1

if peters sucks, which i think he does, you don't have to pull norbergs redshirt to try to fix the problem...you could try labatt, rich, the kid from minot?? problem with muss knowing that his job is really on the line you might see sharp at rb, norberg at mlb, and bell at starting tackle in the next game??

Agree, but would hate to see it. THese are all positions where another year focus mostly on just learning the system and adding some size can really make a difference.

The UND guys at SIU haven't exactly been ripping things up. I'm not sold on going that route. It's "break it down and rebuild it" time.

My top three candidates:

Kalen DeBoer

Scott Hazelton

Glenn Caruso

Stretches?

Tim Tibesar

Brooks Bollinger

• Upvote 1

if peters sucks, which i think he does, you don't have to pull norbergs redshirt to try to fix the problem...you could try labatt, rich, the kid from minot?? problem with muss knowing that his job is really on the line you might see sharp at rb, norberg at mlb, and bell at starting tackle in the next game??

Rich is an OLB and Bell is a guard. Stockwell is the tackle.

Had anyone noticed how Sharp is built? He's a true fr and looks like a damn horse.

Rich is an OLB and Bell is a guard. Stockwell is the tackle.

Had anyone noticed how Sharp is built? He's a true fr and looks like a damn horse.

You can't play with all freshmen and sophomores. Our jr and sr classes need to produce. To me it's been more lack of focus, motivation, discipline and effort than talent alone. Starts at the top.

You can't play with all freshmen and sophomores. Our jr and sr classes need to produce. To me it's been more lack of focus, motivation, discipline and effort than talent alone. Starts at the top.

Yeah, you can. NDSU's current SR class has been the driving force behind that team since they were freshmen.

i think muss is too loyal to the older guys and it might cost him his job....henson is joke on the dl and he might be one the biggest reason why the d sucks so bad....yet he plays and plays and plays and doesn't do a damn thing other than getting dominated....and don't get me going on mackey...what has he done in four years to even play let alone start as a safety....whoever is the best at each position regardless of year should be playing and or starting.

I didn't say to pull shirts like crazy. We need some more of the young talent out there though.

So....what's the "spread" for our next home game vs EWU. I'm gona set it at 27 which is giving UND a little too much credit. :( I'll also see the over/under on points scored at 50 by EWU.

I'll go to that game because its coinsides w the opening hockey series but I won't carve another minute out of my schedule to drive north to see another game unless I gave absolutely nothing better to do.

If Muss remains coach next season and with attendance as it is and will be, I don't I'll renew my season tickets next year. Can easily get them on gameday if I decide to go to a game.

Tom Miller's puff piece in the Heraldo this morning tells you how low the expectations have sunk with this program:

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/274502/

Ultimately, UND should be judged on the second half of its schedule. UND is not a Top 10 program right now but there’s still a lot of respectable space on the FCS totem pole in which the program could land.

Really Tom? You really believe that? Wish I lived in your world. On second thought, no.

What Mr. Miller doesn't get is if the program sets such a low standard as to be competitive with the bottom-half of the Big Sky Conference and just "accepts" losses to the top-half, we'll never be a Top Ten FCS program. But that is the biggest problem with this program right now; the expectations keep getting lowered to satisfy an ever-increasingly apathetic fan base.

Follow Miller's half-baked standards and expectations and we'll be looking at attendance figures we haven't seen since the cold weather games at Memorial Stadium.

• Upvote 4

I think Mussman lost support of his team last spring when he had them shovel snow into tiny garbage cans for 3 days..bizarre scene...it is possibly the dumbest and most narrow minded thinking on solving a problem that I have ever witnessed ...that is when the players looked at each other and said this guy is our leader?

How much of a factor should attendance play into evaluating a coach? Specifically, I'm afraid this past Saturday's debacle is going to ruin attendance for the rest of the season. If per game attendance goes down this year, even with the best home schedule ever, it would obviously be a huge red flag to any a.d.

The following are the attendance figures for the five homecoming games UND has played under Muss:

2008--12,164

2009--12,431

2010--10,215

2011--9,930

2012--9,742

Even with EWU coming in--the best homecoming opponent UND has had in years, if not ever--I'm afraid we may see attendance in the 7000's or worse if UND is blown out by MSU.

When I wrote this, I honestly never even considered the possibility of losing at Idaho St. on the week between MSU and EWU. If that happens--and let's face it, it very well could--things could end up being even worse than I feared attendance-wise.

I think Mussman lost support of his team last spring when he had them shovel snow into tiny garbage cans for 3 days..bizarre scene...it is possibly the dumbest and most narrow minded thinking on solving a problem that I have ever witnessed ...that is when the players looked at each other and said this guy is our leader?

What were they doing?