SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's New Hockey Conference

Cratter

15 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Imagine the egg on the face of the NCHC had Notre Dame accepted the initial invitation only to leave after 3-4 seasons for the B1G...St Cloud State always made sense as the 8th team.

I don't think ND leaves the NCHC. HE was a horrible travel situation, and the B10 only eventually wanted them.  The NCHC said no after the Irish made ridiculous demands and burned bridges. 

And at that point, if they do leave the NCHC would be $1M richer and have more schools begging to get in. 

4 hours ago, southpaw said:

I don't think ND leaves the NCHC. HE was a horrible travel situation, and the B10 only eventually wanted them.  The NCHC said no after the Irish made ridiculous demands and burned bridges. 

And at that point, if they do leave the NCHC would be $1M richer and have more schools begging to get in. 

I think you're right. I don't see UND moving anywhere. They've got a great deal in the NCHC. There's like 1.5 Million reasons why they won't move. 

This has been the best league in college hockey. No reason to leave it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Goon said:

I think you're right. I don't see UND moving anywhere. They've got a great deal in the NCHC. There's like 1.5 Million reasons why they won't move. 

This has been the best league in college hockey. No reason to leave it. 

the few games i've been to this year....quite of few empty seats?

minnesota>st cloud state

wisconsin>miami

michigan>western michigan

michigan state>duluth

ohio state>cc

penn state>omaha

notre dame>denver

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

53 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the few games i've been to this year....quite of few empty seats?

minnesota>st cloud state

wisconsin>miami

michigan>western michigan

michigan state>duluth

ohio state>cc

penn state>omaha

notre dame>denver

Wait, what??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ok.... wait... are you serious??

On 2/25/2018 at 1:58 PM, southpaw said:

I think they'd have still left. ND has a long history or at least a lot of familiarity with the B1G teams, particularly UM and MSU. Easier to sell hockey tickets in South Bend when you can market Michigan coming to town rather than Nebraska-Omaha. Whether it's right or wrong, that's another matter I am not sure of. 

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

would you rather have michigan, minny, wisconsin, and notre dame coming to town every year or st cloud, duluth, omaha, and denver?

As far as rivalries go. To me it's this:

1) Minny
2) DU
3) Duluth
4) Wisconsin
5) St. Cloud

Michigan and Notre Dame are nowhere near that Top 5.

• Upvote 2