SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

What about a one game deal and giving UND a nice compensation package for showing up eh?

As I stated, I don't see Faison signing a one game deal with FU. If UM were to buy out the UND game (which is the only reason UND would need to look at scheduling another game for 2013 per what I've seen), they can afford to go on the road for the front end of a home and home contract to set up a nice home game down the road.

The scheduling grind next year is bad enough with a freshman QB, without adding an ac team with a bunch of returning starters and 2 trips to the title game. I would hope Faison negotiates a better deal than one which suits the ac because they are in a scheduling jam.

• Upvote 1

The scheduling grind next year is bad enough with a freshman QB, without adding an ac team with a bunch of returning starters and 2 trips to the title game. I would hope Faison negotiates a better deal than one which suits the ac because they are in a scheduling jam.

Only way UND gets on the FU schedule is if UM or SDSU backs out and GT leaves NDSU after Saturday. GT will NEVER schedule UND.

That would work nicely with the 2015/2017 contract that was rumored a while back. I personally would love to add that game regardless of the situation with Montana. We're going to be a very young team next year and a long shot for the playoffs anyway. Why not run them through a gauntlet of a schedule and give them some big time experience. Plus, over the first 5 weeks of the season they wouldn't have to leave North Dakota. That limits the wear and tear a lot more than if there was a flight Chaney or Flagstaff mixed in there. I say go for it.

NDSU definitely hasn't had any problem dealing with all the adversity they have had away from the field. Their attitude is look the other way and "Play On". They have no problem with adversity.

It's because they have no problem with ethics. They choose to ignore any ethical codes. It's just something to post on the walls of the athletic department. Following them isn't important. The Mean Machine prefers wins over honor.

It's because they have no problem with ethics. They choose to ignore any ethical codes. It's just something to post on the walls of the athletic department. Following them isn't important. The Mean Machine prefers wins over honor.

Your comments on this continue to be outrageous. You make NDSU out to be SMU or Miami, calm the hell down. Typical revisionist history.

If NDSU felt the players involved in the petition fraud situation deserved a suspension, they could have done so EASILY without affecting the outcome of any significant games. Remember, they knew about this before the season began and could have sat every single starter on the team and still beat Robert Morris by 3 scores.

To continue to say they weren't suspended so they wouldn't jeopardize their season just makes you sounds jealous, you should really stop.

Your comments on this continue to be outrageous. You make NDSU out to be SMU or Miami, calm the hell down. Typical revisionist history.

If NDSU felt the players involved in the petition fraud situation deserved a suspension, they could have done so EASILY without affecting the outcome of any significant games. Remember, they knew about this before the season began and could have sat every single starter on the team and still beat Robert Morris by 3 scores.

To continue to say they weren't suspended so they wouldn't jeopardize their season just makes you sounds jealous, you should really stop.

ButtTeamRulesAreAllThatMatter

This Western Carolina business is just one more reason to get the game scheduled on a regular basis, whether it be every year or every other. GT is now in the position of having to find another game with only 9 months notice. Having a regularly scheduled agreement would significantly reduce the risk of this happening. Now that I think about it, I hope they can't find a D1 game and Taylor calls Faison once he's desparate and Faison tells him to shove it so they're stuck with a D2.

ButtTeamRulesAreAllThatMatter

This butt...(fill in the blank) is really getting old from both sides. It is one of the worst internet memes I have seen and there have been some awful ones.

Did the players deserve a suspension? Probably. Were they not suspended because NDSU wanted to win a football game, not a chance. As everyone knows they could have won that football game with the practice squad.

Did the players deserve a suspension? Probably. Were they not suspended because NDSU wanted to win a football game, not a chance. As everyone knows they could have won that football game with the practice squad.

Agree with your first part and since they weren't suspended, the questions and comments are going to keep coming after the game this weekend no matter the outcome. From the outside it looks like winning games is all that matters since the only punishment was a couple extra laps of conditioning. buttlessonlearned