SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Bisides football (which fans from both schools can obviously agree NDSU has the advantage) name one thing that NDSU excels in over UND...athletics, academics, facilities.....anything?!!!!

Arrest warrants, posting on other schools fan boards, presidents leaving in disgrace, private airplane expenses, tractors....
  • Upvote 4

Bisides football (which fans from both schools can obviously agree NDSU has the advantage) name one thing that NDSU excels in over UND...athletics, academics, facilities.....anything?!!!!

Athletics. NDSU has more titles in athletics. Academics are similar but very different in what fields are offered.

One of the biggest days of the year for college football fans and trolls are spending time on other teams fan boards trying valiantly but vainly to right every wrong - sad.

Just wait til football season starts this fall they care more about what we are doing than worrying about their own conference foes.

The Missouri Valley never invited North Dakota. UND turned down the Summit Leauge, which doesn't sponsor football, in favor of the the Big Sky conference.

You are correct, hence why I said I was going from memory. Thank you for correcting my statement.

Montana State bought out the game they were going to play in Fargo next year. Gene Taylor said "that's not the way you do business". Of course in this case Gene, it is perfectly legal to buy out a game. It's the illegal activity you should focus on Gene!

• Upvote 1

Montana State bought out the game they were going to play in Fargo next year. Gene Taylor said "that's not the way you do business". Of course in this case Gene, it is perfectly legal to buy out a game. It's the illegal activity you should focus on Gene!

If it isn't how you do business, he shouldn't have let it into the contract.

That being said, I was looking forward to watching that game.

You don't do this in February, that is what Gene is talking about. Other teams have bought us out and he has never said that before. I'm guessing the MSU AD promised him this game would happen and Gene took him at his word, now he gets this bomb dropped on him when there aren't many scheduling options left on the table.

You don't do this in February, that is what Gene is talking about. Other teams have bought us out and he has never said that before. I'm guessing the MSU AD promised him this game would happen and Gene took him at his word, now he gets this bomb dropped on him when there aren't many scheduling options left on the table.

Agree with that, worst part is, looking at your schedule, it was about the most interesting home game along with UNI, the other games I would want to see are K. State, SDSU, and Youngstown but they are on the road. There's still teams out there to replace with but nobody too exciting, Appy State is the best one but hard to see them going to Montana and NDSU in the same year.

Wierd looking at SMU's schedule, with Montana State they have 5 games listed the first 5 weeks but nothing afterward, I've never seen that this late...

Yeah we'll likely play a MEAC/SWAC/NEC team, pay them $250k and the game will be over by halftime. UNI and Illinois State are our only good home games.

This game had potential and there was also potential for future games with MSU down the road, can't believe their AD would handle things this way.